Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

usethis2

Medalist
So I suppose, jcsamex and CezarMart believe that athletes can (and perhaps should) persue their goals by any means necessary within legal boundaries ? Can I hold those views against you guys in the future if I see inconsistent comments from you?

Yes or no? There is no ambiguity like "dirty tricks" this time. ;)

Manitou

Medalist
Yes or no? There is no ambiguity like "dirty tricks" this time. ;)

Oh, I am sorry, I didn't realize you are waiting for an answer.
I don't know, I am not putting too much philosophy into this. And I never promised to be consistent either! I am not a politician, you know... This is just a free speech forum, isn't it? :) A place where you are not scared to speak your thoughts.... :)
Right now I am rebuking any attacks on Adelina that are based solely on bitterness over Yuna losing, but I am not promising I will stay loyal to her forever.... I switch camps quite often... :)

usethis2

Medalist
That's what I thought. But you surely realize that position of yours makes your earlier outrage quite an empty one. (or even a deceptive one)

Manitou

Medalist
Oh, no, that stays valid. It hasn't changed! :) It had nothing to do with Adelina, it was just based on a principle...

Coming back to fandom: actually, I am not even Adelina's fan right now! I am a true fan of somebody else, and my talking about Adelina is just a smokescreen.... :)

usethis2

Medalist
Well, I was talking about a principle, too. Not specifically about Adelina or Anna. But where is a principle if one's position changes as it suits her/his preferred athlete? I mean, people might give a pass to one's offspring (even there some public figures are expected to sacrifice whatever personal matters for duty and integrity), but I doubt many agree that "Do as I say, not as I do" is a principle.

Manitou

Medalist
A principle is a principle. Staying focused and not allowing to be distracted by others is a requirement for a successful athlete. I don't think you are questioning that... :)
If fact, public complaining about somebody else's trying to distract me is a kind of poor sportsmanship too, isn't it?
Look at Azarenka or Sharapova in tennis. They use all kinds of unfair trickery to distract the opponents.. and what? You just have to be strong to deal with it. The players who publicly complain about it are looked down upon..
And look at other sports. Players try to learn opponents' mental weaknesses, and when they learn it they exploit it. I see it as perfectly ok.

I really enjoy watching Elena! I hope that she continues to grow and do well over the next quad.

On a different note: I have a question... Who was the young lady that skated at Sochi either during one of the ceremonies or the gala (I can't remember)? She skated to a folk/polka dance, I believe. And will she be coming up soon?

Helix

Rinkside
I really enjoy watching Elena! I hope that she continues to grow and do well over the next quad.

On a different note: I have a question... Who was the young lady that skated at Sochi either during one of the ceremonies or the gala (I can't remember)? She skated to a folk/polka dance, I believe. And will she be coming up soon?

That was Elena who skated

Scott512

Record Breaker
It's crazy how good and deep these Russian girls go. Especially after the years wondering about the Russian ladies. As others have said the lower girls may look at skating for another country because getting ahead of the top 4 Russian girls / ladies will be hard to do.

I don't see Adelina quitting anytime soon. Why? What is she going to do? I mean it's not like she can't make endorsement money she can and it's not like she would enjoy skating shows as much as major competitions. She is an athlete who likes to compete and I bet she wants to put all these conmpatriots of hers in their place which is after her in her own mind. ;)

I wonder what Elena will do next season. Anna too. We know what Sotnikova snd Lipnitskaia are capable of. They are truly a fab 4 for Russia.

usethis2

Medalist
You can hold anything you want against me. I don't mind ;)
I've bookmarked this page. ^^

As for your point, I'll just say 'All is fair in love and war'.
How about 'All is fair in love and war, including dirty tricks.' Every single word in that sentence is meaningless anyway.

I feel good to take you up to this point. You should have taken the deal when I made a mistake of leaving "including dirty tricks," so that you can later on claim a certain act is not a dirty trick. :biggrin:

jcsamex

Rinkside
I've bookmarked this page. ^^

How about 'All is fair in love and war, including dirty tricks.' Every single word in that sentence is meaningless anyway.

I feel good to take you up to this point. You should have taken the deal when I made a mistake of leaving "including dirty tricks," so that you can later on claim a certain act is not a dirty trick. :biggrin:

LOL.... Seriously, pal. Get a life!

gmyers

Record Breaker
This whole Anna vs. Adelina thing has been talked a lot in another forum shortly after COC. And there was another interview afterward from Anna saying she was misquoted. And she was in good term with Adelina. There were pictures of them hanging out in Paris.

I don't know why someone brought out this original interview.

You don't know? Lol this has been used as a weapon against Adelina! War on her personally and professionally! The whole South Korea federation is involved!

shine

Record Breaker
I really like Radionova, but the Russian "baby" I really like is Alexandra Proklova. She had the two best programs of any Russian ladies skater, IMO, and she is so talented musically. I love that FS. I think it's such a shame that she didn't get to compete at Junior Worlds.

I can't wait until she becomes a senior.
I so enamoured with Proklova too. She should've won the SP at Russian Nats IMO, and I also thought her FP was one of the best last season. She has beautiful jumps, incredible speed and edges, and has so much musicality and charm . I can't wait to see more of her.

So excited about her and Elena. They both bring the much needed joy and personality to figure skating. I've also really enjoyed watching Sotskova and Sakhanovic.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I do wonder what will happen to Leonova, Makarova - is she skating for someone else - and is Sotnikova considered no longer a baby russian because she is over 16 lol? But wil these girls survive puberty. ET looks finished. I don't think Julia will survive either. Is Radinova age eligible this year to go to world's?