Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Papa I love the videos you post here. Every one of these girls has the goods but the best part is they all have their own identity.

I really hope Serafima stays with Eteri's group. Something about Serafima just fascinates me. She has so much feel to her skating. It's very unique. Yulia, Evgenia, and now hopefully Serafima can really feed off of each other and each one's strength is the others weakness. That could bode well for them as they face each other everyday at practice. Russian Nationals will be a top 3 event for ladies FS this season!! It may rival GPF or even surpass it with the potential absence of Asada. :popcorn:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Elena enjoy success similar to that of Lipnitskaya this year. These girls are one of the many reasons to tune in over the next few years.

Barb

Record Breaker
I love Elena, Evgenia, Serafima, Alexandra, I can not choose , they are incredible!!

BusyMom

Medalist
Radionova all the way, baby! She is just too cute. Good jumps, good spins, very musical and so much potentials. :love:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I do wonder what will happen to Leonova, Makarova - is she skating for someone else - and is Sotnikova considered no longer a baby russian because she is over 16 lol? But wil these girls survive puberty. ET looks finished. I don't think Julia will survive either. Is Radinova age eligible this year to go to world's?

Makarova and Leonova are done
but :rofl: Julia wont survive puberty , you have been saying that since 2012 and he is already a world and olympic medalist
and there are more coming ;), too bad for Osmond who will probably drop further, at least she has an excuse now other than falling twice in the FS, lol

Alba

Record Breaker
but :rofl: Julia wont survive puberty , you have been saying that since 2012 and he is already a world and olympic medalist
and there are more coming ;), too bad for Osmond who will probably drop further, at least she has an excuse now other than falling twice in the FS, lol

Osmond was injured this year. She is great and a true performer. I think she just need to lose some weight, just a bit.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Osmond was injured this year. She is great and a true performer. I think she just need to lose some weight, just a bit.

not just weight, Osmond has no loop, her only reliable 3-3 is a toe and she flutzes, mandatory falling twice in the FS, her only other ok jump is Flip

so lol at saying these girls wont survive puberty when even Osmond cant even crack a 180 score
lost the FS to a 2nd tier Canadian is just so rich :laugh:
and who cares ? great performer for repetitive mambo jambo theme programs ? it highlights Osmond is a boring one trick pony :scowl:

Rhodium

On the Ice
I am greatly impressed by Maria S. She is pretty mature and has a good choreography for 13 years old. Her jump technique is very solid. I especially like her costumes for the programs at JGPF.
I was sorry that she had had an injury before JW, I expected her winning.
She has grown enough (compare her with Alex. http://instagram.com/p/l9ICq-Bw41/ or with Serafima and Evgenia http://instagram.com/p/hmrmX8jXyt/) so I hope she will not lose her jumps later.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
not just weight, Osmond has no loop, her only reliable 3-3 is a toe and she flutzes, mandatory falling twice in the FS, her only other ok jump is Flip

so lol at saying these girls wont survive puberty when even Osmond cant even crack a 180 score
lost the FS to a 2nd tier Canadian is just so rich :laugh:
and who cares ? great performer for repetitive mambo jambo theme programs ? it highlights Osmond is a boring one trick pony :scowl:

OMG we get it okay? You hate Osmond - now can you stop hating on her every chance you get?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
OMG we get it okay? You hate Osmond - now can you stop hating on her every chance you get?

Ironically, sky_fly is the definition of "repetitive, boring one-trick pony". Hopefully she can come up with some material that is remotely clever or intelligent during the off season. I mean, there's a first time for everything.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I am greatly impressed by Maria S. She is pretty mature and has a good choreography for 13 years old. Her jump technique is very solid. I especially like her costumes for the programs at JGPF.
I was sorry that she had had an injury before JW, I expected her winning.
She has grown enough (compare her with Alex. http://instagram.com/p/l9ICq-Bw41/ or with Serafima and Evgenia http://instagram.com/p/hmrmX8jXyt/) so I hope she will not lose her jumps later.

Finally someone talking about Sotskova!! I saw her 'Nuevo Tango' short program last year at Russian Junior Nationals and fell in love with her style. She changed it to Vivaldi's winter before JGP final this season, it was even better.

She has something special and I hope to see her on top of the podiums in future!!! Get well soon Masha, get that Junior World title next season!!!

dress

On the Ice

She was off the ice a lot this year because of injuries. I hope she will be injury free next year.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
She was off the ice a lot this year because of injuries. I hope she will be injury free next year.

Yup. It's rather impressive tha she nailed her 3F+3T which I've never seen her do. If she can do that at Worlds after a season of injury, hopefully she has a good GP season in store.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yup. It's rather impressive tha she nailed her 3F+3T which I've never seen her do. If she can do that at Worlds after a season of injury, hopefully she has a good GP season in store.

she needs to stop falling first in the FS and get a stable 3-3
Osmond is limited she wont be able to compete with Russians or Gracie anyways

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
she needs to stop falling first in the FS
Osmond is limited she wont be able to compete with Russians or Gracie anyways

Very true, she does need to avoid falling. And hopefully Gold can also stop falling too (and avoid pops/downgraded jumps), otherwise she won't even be able to compete with the Russians, either. In 6 competitions last season, she fell in 5 of them. :disapp:

2013 US Classic: 1A, 2L, 2F, 1Z in the FS (fall + 3F< in the SP)
2013 Skate Canada: fall in the FS, 3S<<
2013 NHK: fall in the FS, 2S
2014 Olympics: fall in the FS
2014 Worlds: fall in the FS on a 2A<<, 1A

Alba

Record Breaker
Very true, she does need to avoid falling. And hopefully Gold can also stop falling too (and avoid pops/downgraded jumps), otherwise she won't even be able to compete with the Russians, either. In 6 competitions last season, she fell in 5 of them. :disapp:

:biggrin:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

I didn't know about Julia in 2012. I apologize, but some how a lot of sky fly's post have a negative or mean tone. Maybe it is just me. I am not an autoritarian I just worry about Julia as she seems so slight right now and one assumes she will develop curves. As for Osmond she was injured a lot this year; I am not sure we should throw the towel in yet.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Exclamation mark! Lol. I agree Osmond has shown she is special or consistent but she has show a bit of promise and one can't really judge her from this year - she missed the entire Grand Prix for goodness sake and she does not have the experience of a Kostner or Kim.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Exclamation mark! Lol. I agree Osmond has shown she is special or consistent but she has show a bit of promise and one can't really judge her from this year - she missed the entire Grand Prix for goodness sake and she does not have the experience of a Kostner or Kim.

of course the glorious Osmond with her 3-2 and mandatory fall in FS will be competitive
yep that's special indeed :scowl:, the russian skaters are all doomed to puberty and Osmond will win all World Titles until 2018, :rofl:
too bad she isn't Chan, so doubt that will happen though.

Osmond better worry first if Daleman will surpass her and she will be relegated as 2nd tier