So-Youn Park | Page 11 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

yyyskate

Record Breaker
SoYoun's unique quality is always there, Using David, I dont feel her quality is similar to Yuna (imagine Yuna do the same choreo would be very different feel). She still has her unique quality.
Before debut, she used Cindy, who also choreo Mariah's program, I also see certain similarity in those programs, such as dainty/fresh/cutie whereas David's new programs certainly is more classic and emotional.
Maybe, that is the "maturity" most young skaters are pushing to achieve (some one died , some one is dying) :laugh:
Nevertheless, they has done a good job to achieve that.
whether like a program or re-watch a program is largely personal taste. I follow David very closely, and his choreo always has something inspires and marvel at his creativity. that I can relate to. But he indeed kind indulges himself in certain concept sometimes. typical artist:laugh:
Try other choreo or new choreographers are certainly welcome, as long as you do not expect PCS boost.
Try famous coach??? I will spend my money on specialty coach.
Like I said, unless she lands 7 triples, no famous coach or choreo will help her score, because, power house countries has their own stars who can consistently land 7 triples.
That been said. I do wish her team understand to push her gradually and avoid injury. really appreciate Jason's team. Yuna suffered a lot injury, as SoYoun's mentor, I guess they know what to do.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
SoYoun is lucky that she is in good hands, so she can maximize her talent to the maxim. I am not saying medals, I am saying leave programs people remembered just like she did in her senior debut (mixed review but sparked so much discussion already).
Lots of skaters are not as lucky ,such as Zijun (wish you good luck) and many many young talented Russian skaters vanished.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
"Slow tempo" certainly is a strength, it is part of texture/color of music. SoYoun's both programs deserve multiple view for that aspect alone.
One of my fav young male skater Han Yan once said, he will lean to slow down. (btw one of his idol is Patrick):laugh:

And holding a position with poise is as difficult as shake your booty if not more.

Meoima

Match Penalty
As she will the rest of the season. :) She has a lot to prove, I believe she'll become better each competition.
She did a great job in SA I have high hope for her in Russia.
I have one big question, after Cup of Russia, will she compete in other senior B competitions?

s_parks

Record Breaker
She did a great job in SA I have high hope for her in Russia.
I have one big question, after Cup of Russia, will she compete in other senior B competitions?

I don't know if she's confirmed for any for certain, but I imagine she will. I don't see her only doing nationals between CoR and 4CC.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't know if she's confirmed for any for certain, but I imagine she will. I don't see her only doing nationals between CoR and 4CC.
Yes, I hope she will compete more. The more competitions she goes, the more the judges know about her. Of course I don't want to see her tire herself out before major competitions. But 1-2 senior B to improve her sense of competing doesn't harm IMO. That's also to build her reputation.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I have watched SoYoun's LP several times now, including fancam, why every time, I am watching, towards the end, I am always holding my breathe... just a few days already accumulated so many views. Her program is the only program among all SA programs that I re-watched so many times.
I believe many fans also have similar feelings with me.

cooper

Medalist
she will be competing in every domestic competition in korea.. the useless competitions in korea.. that's how KSU will sabotage their own skaters..

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I find that SoYoun's earrings of LP is actually 2 butterflies together. And the oriental counterpart of the romantic tragedy of R&J is actually
butterfly lovers. And this season's worlds will be hold in Shanghai China, Would that be a tribute to the hosting country. :p

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
A Worthy 5th Place by Korea Times
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sports/2014/11/518_167214.html

Interesting read as it talks about the expectations of Korean media on athletes and their disregard on not winning anything. I actually found an article where the writer was very critical of So Youn's lack of medal and polish (like Yuna's). Alas, I can't find it anymore but I'll keep on trying.

Also, the KT article talks a bit about So Youn's need of higher technical content.

Meoima

Match Penalty
@_@ higher technical content? What are they thinking seriously? She already got the 2nd highest TES at SA?? I don't understand. I think So Youn should focus more on her loop and her speed in step sequence overall. Poor her, being compared to Yuna is huge pressure. Yuna is one of the greatest, they can't expect any skaters to be as great.