So-Youn Park | Page 13 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I wonder who that photographer is :laugh: I will expect a lot of selfies and fun group pics in Shanghai then

Just want to do a Throwback Tuesday! Here is 15 year old So Youn :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opz_atvO758

ps. it's a mini documentary of her figure skating life in SK

Ahh so cute! Does anyone know what the little girl spectators are saying about her? And what is So Youn herself saying about the "Yu Na Teddy"?? So cute! ;)

Also, is that her mom helping her choreograph some of her movements?

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
Thanks for that info! ;) Speaking of Da Bin, she can also be a great contender in 2018 Olympics. She still has a long way to go, but we never know. ;) She can be great there too. I hope the South Korean skaters continues to progress.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You might want to start a Team Korea Fan Fest thread! There are a lot of up and coming Korean skaters.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
You might want to start a Team Korea Fan Fest thread! There are a lot of up and coming Korean skaters.

Tbh I was tempted to make one before but with the state of korean figure skating, it kind of hindered my plans since the development of SK skaters is still somewhat stagnant. It has improved a bit with Yuna's presence in the past couple of years but still not a lot of changes are happening :eek:hwell::cry:....

I'll see if I can conjure something up though.

MiRé

Match Penalty
I just rewatched her SA LP, and oh my gosh, I cannot believe (again) just how UNDERSCORED she was in PCS. Maybe I'm noticing this because I'm a bit intoxicated, but this is just ridiculous how PCS is deciding who wins and what not. UGH

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I just rewatched her SA LP, and oh my gosh, I cannot believe (again) just how UNDERSCORED she was in PCS. Maybe I'm noticing this because I'm a bit intoxicated, but this is just ridiculous how PCS is deciding who wins and what not. UGH

I think it's best for you to get sober first before we talk about So Youn's LP.....again

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i totally understand you, and you are not intoxicated, it is very true, that SoYoun skated way,way better than certain contenders. but the scores says something else. And it is also true that SoYoun is very very impressive watching live as well.
As skaters come from weak fed. they cannot do anything but improve steadily. and they are doing exactly just that.
I am content. I saw improvement and good skating from my fav girls. that's all I want.
Figure skating and ISU is a very political sports....

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
i totally understand you, and you are not intoxicated, it is very true, that SoYoun skated way,way better than certain contenders. but the scores says something else. And it is also true that SoYoun is very very impressive watching live as well.
As skaters come from weak fed. they cannot do anything but improve steadily. and they are doing exactly just that.
I am content. I saw improvement and good skating from my fav girls. that's all I want.
Figure skating and ISU is a very political sports....

Unfortunately, everything you say is true. :cry:

Also, can we take a moment to note how happy So Youn is when she skates? You can tell her smile is truly genuine. Just look at 2:16 here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eb0VCIk7YQ

I was appalled at how some of the medalists from the recent Cup of China literally showed zero emotion when skating to similar music... :slink: And yet their PCS were still higher in all aspects. Ridiculous.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
yeah, I know that "smile" right away.
This program, although still needs lots of polish here and there, but every time I watch it, I am always holding my breathe in the end.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Anyone know any So Youn Fan Forum or other FS related forum that has So Youn or Yuna?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Anyone know any So Youn Fan Forum or other FS related forum that has So Youn or Yuna?

unless you can communicate in korean, then she has her own daum fancafe: http://cafe.daum.net/soyeonZZang
there's also yunaforum.com if you haven't checked that out yet. So far that forum is a bit disorganized in terms of not having one place for any So Youn updates (like her own thread) but that's where I mostly get updates about her and korean figure skating. :)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
unless you can communicate in korean, then she has her own daum fancafe: http://cafe.daum.net/soyeonZZang
there's also yunaforum.com if you haven't checked that out yet. So far that forum is a bit disorganized in terms of not having one place for any So Youn updates (like her own thread) but that's where I mostly get updates about her and korean figure skating. :)

edit: actually I get most of the Korean fs info in this blog (http://spiral9509.tistory.com/). It's in Korean so google translate is basically my oddball friend when accessing this site.

Meoima

Match Penalty
With Adelina out! There will be more chance!!! :yay: I hope the best for So Youn!!

cooper

Medalist
no jinx pleaseeee.. last time with an expectation she didn't have a good skate...

if she ends up in the podium.. this will be a big news in korea.. :popcorn:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I have just checked CoR ladies entry, only Anna Pogo is guaranteed a shot on the podium. The rest is unpredictable!! High hope high hope of So Youn!!! :yay:

No I don't jinx her!! Just saying there's some doors!!!