So-Youn Park | Page 4 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think Krall is a better option than Caroll for sure.
Yup, but they still have this option: So Youn can stay at Korea, Yuna can help her with the training and David Wilson can help her with choreography. (Even though recently I have been gradually less fond of his works). I am sure they would be happy for that option.
With David Wilson's reputation, So Youn can gradually get higher PCS for her choreography.
I think her coach is doing a good job with her at the moment.
Unless she wants to have an 3A or 4T like the Russian girls, then they should send her to an international coach.

lbc2138

On the Ice
Yup, but they still have this option: So Youn can stay at Korea, Yuna can help her with the training and David Wilson can help her with choreography. (Even though recently I have gradually less fond of his works). I am sure they would be happy for that option.
With David Wilson's reputation, So Youn can gradually get higher PCS for her choreography.
I think her coach is doing a good job with her at the moment.
Unless she wants to have an 3A or 4T like the Russian girls, then they should send her to an international coach.

Haha yes please! This would be so nice.

lbc2138

On the Ice
I guess so... Her coach and David Wilson could improve her skating, and maybe Yuna could help her boost her reputation?

David and Yuna would be such a good duo. They have such a good relationship with each other and to possibly pass on that dynamic to So Youn would be wonderful.

cooper

Medalist
david wilson will be working w/ park so youn with new programs next season.. that's why david is still in korea today..

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I kind of don't want Park to be working with Wilson. She needs to develop her own style and not be a Yuna Kim 2.0.

cooper

Medalist
I kind of don't want Park to be working with Wilson. She needs to develop her own style and not be a Yuna Kim 2.0.

eh.. i'm just hoping that david will not recycle any of his past choreography... hopefully he will give a new style to park so youn..

Meoima

Match Penalty
eh.. i'm just hoping that david will not recycle any of his past choreography... hopefully he will give a new style to park so youn..
:unsure: Yes, that's my thought, too. Recently David Wilson seems to be so repetitive.

I guess U.S choreographer is also a good choice for So Youn if they want to raise her PCS with international touch.:)

cooper

Medalist
the problem w/ so youn is her consistency.. and she needs to improve her skating skill and probably her spins.. i think her local coach has done a great job w/ her jumps.. so hopefully they will address that..

Jewels

On the Ice
During ATS Ice Show, I heard the commentator saying that Soyoun will be training in the USA. Does anybody know if it's true? Maybe I heard it wrong;;

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Umm what?! Really? You probably heard that wrong...unless I missed that :think: k I'm gonna watch her part again then

Meoima

Match Penalty
During ATS Ice Show, I heard the commentator saying that Soyoun will be training in the USA. Does anybody know if it's true? Maybe I heard it wrong;;
I guess it right, then. There would be no way they will send her to Canada or Russia. US is nice, I hope she will find it comfortable there.

aftertherain

Record Breaker

If what the commentators say is true, then I hope it's Christy Krall. So Youn's jumps look pretty stable, but Christy made Patrick into a king, so hopefully she can do that with So Youn.

Jewels

On the Ice
Okay, I just checked the video again thanks to cooper, and the commentator was saying that Soyoun is going to get a new program after the show, and go to the US for training around the end of May. She sounded very certain, so I guess it's true :)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Ah thanks for letting us know! It's good to know that KSU is doing something about Soyoun's future. I hope Haejin gets the same opportunity as well.

lbc2138

On the Ice
How exciting!! I wouldn't mind Christy Krall, it's a shame Patrick left her when he did.

I'm so glad the Eurosport commentators were right about So Youn being nursed and given the opportunity to grow as her own skater and not a Yuna 2.0.

It sort of sucks that Korea has limited choices in sending their skaters to other places for international experience (ie not going to Canada or Russia) for future/current skaters, but who knows?

Alba

Record Breaker
It sort of sucks that Korea has limited choices in sending their skaters to other places for international experience (ie not going to Canada or Russia) for future/current skaters, but who knows?

Why is that?

MiRé

Match Penalty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piMBO3yDbGE
Can anyone translate this? Or any interesting things they said?

Nothing very interesting but here are some things they mentioned:

So Youn is pretty popular in her school, and has been noticed by many Koreans.
Before Worlds, during the practices, she's been landing clean programs one after another.
She was very nervous during the Olympics.
If her mom didn't suggest figure skating to her, she would've done something else. She wanted to become an actress
Her goal is to medal at 2018 Olympics

lbc2138

On the Ice
Nothing very interesting but here are some things they mentioned:

So Youn is pretty popular in her school, and has been noticed by many Koreans.
Before Worlds, during the practices, she's been landing clean programs one after another.
She was very nervous during the Olympics.
If her mom didn't suggest figure skating to her, she would've done something else. She wanted to become an actress
Her goal is to medal at 2018 Olympics

I'm glad her mother suggested figure skating, she's quite good and she's (hopefully) only going to get better! Her programs at Worlds were top-notch and I'm glad she's getting more popular. Some athletes need a bit of pressure and the idea of contention to get them going. I really do hope she medals at 2018 (or sooner at a Worlds).