2014 Worlds Gala | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Gala

FTnoona

Final Flight
I loved RJ 1.0 too, but I can't help but feel sad that after two years he's been unable to bring that special something he had with that program into his last 2 FS :(

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Nanami Love! No one is giving her any credit, but I love her! More than Orser....

The most touching was S/S to me, because it is definitely the end and the Hurts title really fit. It didn't seem like Mao will retire.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I can't believe the quad is truly over.
Great final skates from Abbott, P/B, S/S... They'll be missed greatly.

Anyways, 5:04 AM. First time staying up all night. My sleep schedule's gonna kill me Monday.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I loved RJ 1.0 too, but I can't help but feel sad that after two years he's been unable to bring that special something he had with that program into his last 2 FS :(
He is injured. He looked like he was about to faint after the encore. Can't ask for more. Anyways, you are only 17 once. :popcorn:

alebi

Medalist
this moment always reminds me of the last school day, a quad is over, we'll see again some skaters, we'll see others in a different role, we won't see others at all.. :no: :eek:hwell:

yude

Record Breaker

Yuzuru said in the small medal ceremony yesterday that he can't perform now with that special someting which he had in 2011-2012, which is personally understandable to me. I hope we'll see different kind of something special in him in the future :)

alebi

Medalist
Yuzuru said in the small medal ceremony yesterday that he can't perform now with that special someting which he had in 2011-2012, which is personally understandable to me. I hope we'll see different kind of something special in him in the future :)

I think it's because of the tech content he attemps now... which demands too many physical and mental efforts

FTnoona

Final Flight
He is injured. He looked like he was about to faint after the encore. Can't ask for more. Anyways, you are only 17 once. :popcorn:

Oh I wasn't talking about his exhibition since he was injured it made sense for him to be more subdued, and yet he reeled off 6 triples. I was talking about the last two freeskates in general in which both were workmanlike.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Well if you think now what that performance mean if understandable.

Back then it was his first worlds, and almost exactly a year after the earthquake that almost made him give up skating, back then he probably was full of emotions and he use them all in that FS.

I like his elegant programs right now, I love R&J II and PW is a HIT! But is always nice to hope for more from a skater, and Yuzuru sure has the talent and drive to try different things (if you have told me back in March 2012 that he could skate something like PW I would have give a "are you nuts?" stare...)

hurrah

Medalist
I really hope Yuzu will get someone with good taste to advise him on his costumes. Daisuke is always so impeccably dressed. I think he should seek his counsel.