2014 Worlds Gala | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Gala

Meoima

Match Penalty
I couldn't find this youtube video which shown the whole story. It is amazing how his mom fighting for him. He even got the whole town support his skating. The link is in Japanese though, need sometimes to retrieve that one. I'll let you know..
Dai has to endured through a lot. I was so angry for him in wc 2012. But what passed let it pass, I hope he will get well soon. Do you have any news about his injury in the knee?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
thank you!
Mao said: Yulia? Oh sure she is still very young. She has a great future. I'm very glad for her.

What is interesting is that the news said that in Shanghai we will see not only Sotnikova but also V/T. So, they may stay another season, thank god.

papa

Match Penalty
I just watched Anna's gala! :)
She fell, but damn! What a performer! Kitty-girl has something exciting about her, hasn't she? :clap:
And Julia - for me with each event her performances becomes more feminine - today everything was slower, more empathic and just womanlike.

BusyMom

Medalist
Dai has to endured through a lot. I was so angry for him in wc 2012. But what passed let it pass, I hope he will get well soon. Do you have any news about his injury in the knee?
From AFP, it didn't sound too bad. He needs a bed-rest for a very long time to heal his right knee. That's why he had to pull out from World. And after ice shows in May, he will see the possibilities of him to continue competing.

Meoima

Match Penalty
From AFP, it didn't sound too bad. He needs a bed-rest for a very long time to heal his right knee. That's why he had to pull out from World. And after ice shows in May, he will see the possibilities of him to continue competing.

:bow:thank you so much, I hope we will hear from him soon.

I hope that's true, so he can return to the ice comfortably soon. We've had to say goodbye to so many skaters in the past few weeks; I'd love it if he could remain!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I hope that's true, so he can return to the ice comfortably soon. We've had to say goodbye to so many skaters in the past few weeks; I'd love it if he could remain!

You know Olympia, I adore Daisuke, he is my number 1! But I don't want him to stay on if he continues to beat himself up over his performances. Reading his interviews he seems to only find faults with himself and that just breaks my heart. He will have it hard in Japan and lost the favour in the last two seasons. He is just too sensitive and it won't do his mental health any good. It may be great for the fans, but to be honest, Daisuke's happiness in life is more important than the feelings of his followers.

By the way, I think if you're a fan of japanese skaters and live in countries like Germany that have restrictions on youtube you should make yourself an account on nico douga a japanese video site which also can be viewed in english. There are many videos uploaded that usually don't survive on youtube. Also from Sochi which cannot be found on youtube.

Meoima

Match Penalty
You know Olympia, I adore Daisuke, he is my number 1! But I don't want him to stay on if he continues to beat himself up over his performances. Reading his interviews he seems to only find faults with himself and that just breaks my heart. He will have it hard in Japan and lost the favour in the last two seasons. He is just too sensitive and it won't do his mental health any good. It may be great for the fans, but to be honest, Daisuke's happiness in life is more important than the feelings of his followers.

By the way, I think if you're a fan of japanese skaters and live in countries like Germany that have restrictions on youtube you should make yourself an account on nico douga a japanese video site which also can be viewed in english. There are many videos uploaded that usually don't survive on youtube. Also from Sochi which cannot be found on youtube.

As long as he's content with his choice, nothing matters. I just don't want him to ruin his health. He is still young and he has lots of wonderful things await.

buminapark

Spectator
Yep, I knew about the brothers and thought he was the youngest, that's why I was so surprised about the sister. It is amazing that he stayed with this sport because it is expensive out there and with so many siblings his parents probably had it hard as it is.

Daisuke does not have a younger sister. I've read many, many interviews where he's talked about being the youngest child in the family (with three older brothers).

Meoima

Match Penalty
Daisuke does not have a younger sister. I've read many, many interviews where he's talked about being the youngest child in the family (with three older brothers).
Then he has an older sister? I thought elder and younger sister in Japanese are different words, how can people mistook his elder sister as younger? :confused:

buminapark

Spectator
Then he has an older sister? I thought elder and younger sister in Japanese are different words, how can people mistook his elder sister as younger? :confused:

He doesn't have a sister. Only three older brothers. You can read his own comment here where he talks about being the youngest in a family of four boys.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
buminapark thanks for clearing that up! I never read any info about a sister before reading it here and couldn't quite believe it.