2014 Worlds Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds Gala

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It seems to be top 3-4 plus Japanese fan favorites. C/S have competed at nhk for 3 years straight, won their 4CC bronze in Japan and competed in WTT in Japan. They always say how much they love skating there and the Japanese audience seem to love them. They have a fabulous show program. I'm pleased but not surprised to see them on this list. Glad they will end worlds on a nice note.

Wagner has a somewhat similar history with the Japamese audience with a lot of NHK appearances. Their reaction to her free skate is why she's in the gala.

That said, im sure team Gracie is not pleased.

C/S's gala is pretty awesome! It's one of the more memorable ones. As is Ashley's "Sumertime Sadness" program.

aschiutza

On the Ice
I do think this is very unfair to invite someone not making the FS and let someone outside who was in 4 and 5 place.

For sure Kvotun and Gold are more promising and interesting to watch than Kim Lucine?

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Wow. That is a very random Gala list...

Very surprised they invited Elladj Balde & not Kevin Reynolds..

I know Kevin has a huge Japanese following, some of them even travelled all the way from Japan to watch Canadian Nationals just to see his programs for the first time this season!!

Also can someone tell me what time EST the gala would start? Thanks.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I still don't get the gala list! I can't! What the hell js going on? Not inviting some of the ones in top 5, yet invite the ones who didn't make it to FS? What the hell? I hope it turns out that some skaters have plans and intend to leave Japan early. If that is the reason I can get it. The hell...

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I still don't get the gala list! I can't! What the hell js going on? Not inviting some of the ones in top 5, yet invite the ones who didn't make it to FS? What the hell? I hope it turns out that some skaters have plans and intend to leave Japan early. If that is the reason I can get it. The hell...

Maybe they simple refused to take part in gala and they invited others ho wanted or something like that :think:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I'm surprised that Yuzuru is skating in the gala. Isn't he injured though? After the LP, he looked like he was experiencing back (or hip) pains.

NMURA

Medalist
I have the same problem...Kovtun finished 4th and Gracie 5th:think: Also, I understand that Verner is retiring, but what about Kozuka? He was 6th and he's at home.
If they invited some skaters almost without looking at the final results, it would have been nice to invite Nam.

I think Kozuka is one of five JPN slot.
Others are probably Murakami, Takahashi/Kihara, the Reeds.
Novice skater Wakaba Higuchi is also skating.

kresslia

Medalist
Wth is Elladj Balde doing there? Not to be mean, but even CBC can't be bothered with that guy. They showed footage of every Canadian skater except him lol. The Japanese people love Kevin, you'd think he'd be there instead.

lady_bee

Medalist
Maybe they simple refused to take part in gala and they invited others ho wanted or something like that :think:

That's the part of main reasons, I guess.
As a Japanese, I don't see it is based on popularity in Japan, since no Kozuka, Kevin, Misha, etc.
Maybe, they refused becouse of injury or something, or they have already left Japan.

However..., Kim is a bad joke:no:.
I know he is a show-man; however, it is disrespectful to other skaters who made FP.