Programmes You Want to See in 2014-2015 Season | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Programmes You Want to See in 2014-2015 Season

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Kristi Yamaguchi's exhibition number to it is very well known-which recognition tends to discourage other skaters from reusing a piece of music.

treeloving

Medalist

To be honest, Yuzuru really should should do a Short Program to Winnie the Pooh.

Lyrics are allowed now! He can use 1:35 of the original winnie the pooh song and 1:15 of the new winnie the pooh song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1iwPtdJHsw

These are lyrics that would actually work for a skating program. Little girls everywhere would go crazy for him and maybe he could get some kind of Disney skating special out of it.

Ohhhh this the best idea ever!

samson

Medalist
Thanks, Anyanka!

It's fun thinking about music with lyrics that hits the right balance.

Rashela, I like that song! Hopefully we'll see some real daring and tasteful choices next season!

lcd

Match Penalty
Seems like singles and pairs are getting more flexibility with their music choices, while dance remains as restrictive as ever. The requirement for an audible beat, which obviously gets ignored by some skaters, really makes choosing some classical pieces that pairs can use freely, out of reach for dancers

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I know I suggested Rush for Max earlier in the thread, but really I wouldn't care which of my faves did it. The soundtrack is so amazing with so many great parts.

These are my three favourite (and chosen with Max in mind):

Watkins Glen - this one isn't long enough on its own and would need additional music.

Lost But Won

desertskates

Medalist
If Adelina decides to go the show route instead of staying competitive next year, I think this song is ideal for her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5yaoMjaAmE
While I'm one of the ones who falls in the camp of disagreeing with the Olympic result, Adelina is only a young girl who skated her best on that night. The rest was not up to her. It would be nice if the skating fan public could get to know her a little better :)

Carmen95

Rinkside
Well, someone already mentioned Javier Fernandez being a good Jack Sparrow: I totally agree!! I so want to see him doing something with Pirates of the Carribbean! But he would also be good with The Mask or some other film tracks...

Seriously, has any senior skater ever done Harry Potter? The fourth film has great pieces of music and both of the seventh also, some very nice themes: Liliy´s theme - for example, but that would more fit a lady...
Also, Star Wars - I think it could produce some nice step sequences... and seriously, some of the older Star Trek movies do have nice themes to... (Wrath of Khan; First Contact)
Lord of the Rings also; Dirty Dancing would be great for short dances!
Two Steps From Hell is also something that needs to be included more...
Hunger Games!

Hunger Games would fit Joshi Helgesson, as she already skated her LP to Warrior Princess(?) and it was pretty good

I would love to see another Tango de Roxanne, but with the lyrics from Moulin Rouge, but only with someone who has enough presence to deliever it, as there are two strong voices in it...
Also, Rachmaninovs 2. and some Vivaldis winter, the PianoGuys made a medley of it with the song from Frozen... Overall, music from the PianoGuys, as they combine classical themes with modern themes and also some Lindsay Stirling for some amazing violins...

But please, NO MORE requiem for a dream, NO more firebirds....

Overall I think they should use less classical music, as some themes get dusty over the time... Mixing it with new songs, movie themes... that could make the sport a little bit more attractive, too?

flutzy13

On the Ice
Ashley Wagner did Young & Beautiful (with words) in this year's Stars on Ice. One of her very best performances. She set this song on fire.

I actually would love for her to convert this to a short program. Maybe the instrumental version.

BusyMom

Medalist
Come on everyone, Javier skated to POTC for 2 seasons already. www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1IIw8AAnFc

Yes but that was long time ago. With him under Orser now, his present level of performance and technical will be different program entirely. There are 4 movies right now so there are more variety of music choices. His previous dress made him look like Will Turner than Sparrow.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't know but it's an intriguing idea! Come to think of it, the 3rd movement might be lovely, too.

The second movements are always the hardest, most moving and the most important movements of all Beethoven symphonies. Thus the problem, extremely difficult to interpret!!! :p

I haven't seen anyone made Skavinsky's music work either. :scowl: One of the reason I couldn't buy Machida's Fire Bird. Because Stravinsky is my favourite but no one did his music any justice, not to mention his music were written so people can dance along with it.

I am fed up with Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky and Carmen, and Les Misérables.:unsure:

Anyone skate has intention to skate Schubert's Winterreise song cycle? Any song in that cycle would do. :love: My favourite! Please make it happen!

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Did someone say that Yuzuru Hanyu was choosing between R&J no.2 and Carmina Burana for last season? I can totally see him doing Carmina Burana. That piece is EPIC. If he pulls it off, it'll be even more spine-tingling than R&J no.1