Programmes You Want to See in 2014-2015 Season | Golden Skate

Programmes You Want to See in 2014-2015 Season

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
the season just ended, and we all want to know what will happen in the next, but especially to know what will be the new programs of our favorite skaters!
my ideas are:

Patrick Chan: the Artist
Machida: Liebestraum
Rippon: continue with the Faun

Wagner: Firebird
Sotnikova: Tristan & Isolde
Gold: comeback The Mission (junior program)

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Hanyu: LOTR
Denis: Requiem for a dream (warhorse, but he would be great)
Javi: Pirates of the Caribbean (he would be a fantastic Jack Sparrow)
V/T: rock music for the SP (even with lyrics) and Adagio by Albinoni for the FS
(Is it just me, or Patrick skating on the Artist would be a little bit ironic? Denis was a perfect "Artist" last year at the worlds.)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That second one is a death sentence according to some!

CarneAsada

Medalist
Gracie Gold: Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances, mov. 2 for SP/1 for FS/3 for EX
Ashley Wagner, Polina Edmunds: Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances same movements
etc. for all American ladies
Mao Asada if she continues: Masquerade Waltz for SP, Masquerade Waltz for LP, and a new Masquerade Waltz EX because she needs the EX to complete the cycle
Julia Lipnitskaya: SP I Got Rhythm (choreographed by Lori Nichol), LP King Kastschei's Infernal Dance from Firebird
Elena Radionova: SP You Don't Give up on Love, LP Schindler's List, EX Sex Bomb
Li Zijun: SP Selections from Die Walküre (ho-jo-to-ho especially), LP random selections from Götterdämmerung because she needs to embrace her inner German, and EX Agony Tango as punishment for choosing a tango for her music this season
Kaetlyn Osmond: SP Scheherazade, LP Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, EX The Swan by Saint-Saens because she clearly needs more warhorses
Anna Pogorilaya: SP Bach Organ toccata, LP soundtrack from Gladiator

Tatsuki Machida: SP Rite of Spring, LP Firebird, EX Petrushka to keep the Stravinky theme
Maxim Kovtun: SP Pierrot Lunaire, LP Clair de Lune, EX Fields oof Gold
Max Aaron: SP East of Eden, LP Salome, EX Dance of the Seven Veils with the veils as props
Javier Fernandez: SP Arirang/Sakura (the folk song) mashup, LP random selections from Harry Potter soundtrack, EX something new

noskates

Record Breaker
Please - no more Firebird. And NO East of Eden for Max. I LOVE that music and I don't think he would do it justice. He needs something with some zip to it - not a slow, haunting melody.

I am very anxious to see what Jason's choreographer will come up with. Riverdance is going to be a hard act to follow.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Max needs to push himself and embrace his inner artist like Michelle Kwan. He will skate to Michelle Kwan's music with great artistry with her help. Kaxim Movtun also must develop and that is why he will skate to the atonal music of Pierrot Lunaire for his SP and Clair de Lune for his LP. In fact Clair de Lune should be made the compulsory LP music for all Russian males to scour the malign influence of Plushenko from the Russian rinks. As Liza is also a Plushenko student, she must follow these music choices. Fields of Gold is the EX choice for similar reasons.

qwertyskates

Medalist
I *love* Hanyu's Exhibition Swan at Sochi, I wish he'd make it into an LP. Ditto for Denis Ten's Sochi Exhibition, both were incredible musical arrangements and really unusual, and they fit both skaters to a t. For Yan Han I wish to see his Jalouse and Adios Nonino again, forget Lori Nichol's weird choreography and also please try a flamenco like Kovtun's.

Any ladies please try a program like Elena's Fifth Element, I keep watching that skate over and over.

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Yuzu - something anime; BTW his swan ex was a SP
Adam Rippon - keep the faun LP
Ashley Wagner - Scheherazade so she can round out the warhorses and reused her costume
Gracie Gold - make her Chicago ex into an SP
Tatsuki Machida - the Mission
Max Aaron - Paint it Black

Matt K

On the Ice
I wish to see Carolina Kostner do something without Lori Nichol. Her Ave Maria SP was good. But only Kostner and Asada have the skating skills, maturity and interpretation chops to skate to something better and more complex than that. Give the Lori Nichol stuff to Marchei or Wagner.

For some reason I want to see Carolina do Sotnikova's Carmen. :slink:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Someone needs to do "Ride of the Valkyries". It seems people just aren't using it. Does anyone recall if it's ever been used in major competition with any success?

GF2445

Record Breaker
Here are some music suggestions.

Can somebody do Scriabin's piano concerto in f minor? Virtue and moir used parts of it for their FD but there are some great moments in that concerto.

A little left field, wind band music has never been greatly explored. I know that wind bands can being back high school band memories and it can sound a bit tacky at first, when done professionally, music for Wind band/symphonies can sound amazing and spectacular-
Alfred Reed- Armenian Dances I and II, El Camino Real etc.
Percy Grainger- 4 Scottish Dances, Children's March, Molly on the shore etc.
Robert Russell Bennett- Suite of Old American Dances
Shostakovich's Festive Overture

Some others
A Brahm's Symphony (me wrote a couple)
Something by Tchaikovsky that is not excessively used because he did writemsome spectacualr music
William Walton- As you like it
Stravinsky's Rite of Spring- who has the intensity to skate to music which depicts an ancient form of human sacrifice as a rite of passage to allow spring to happen?
Arabic Music- They have really cool music. Pechalat and Bourzat used thismtype of music for their mummy routine.
Les Preludes by Liszt
Lord of the Rings- not a fan of the movie but the music is spectacular!
Someting really cheesy like a broadway musical like 'anything goes' or 'guys and dolls' or 'Hairspray'
Holst- suite in Eb Major or The Planets
Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 by Bach
Ragtime music-Scott Joplin
Orchestral versions of GOOD pop songs (just because...there is a young audience we need to address as well!)
Harry Potter (again, why not! Nobody has really done it)
Musicals like Fiddler on the Rood, Oliver, Chicago, Chess, Les Miserable (using different cuts like 'in my life' or 'a little fall of rain' or 'a heart full of love'- maybe depict Marius or Eponine or Cosette rather than skating to the music without any sort of meaning, west side story that is not Bernstein's symphonic suites from west side story- too many times have i heard this music go to waste)

And the list continues....

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max: Top Gun, Rush - bad boy fighter pilot/racing driver would work perfectly. He needs to ignore the haters, stop trying to skate like someone he's not, and skate like himself, full of fire and fun.

Jason: Rohene's already said his LP will be "dramatic" (oooh, I'm so excited!). I'd like to see a tango or latin-themed SP - as mentioned in another thread, his Grand Guignol was great, and I'd be really interested to see how he'd do with that kind of program now that he's more grown up. And please nobody shoot me, but I really love the music of Tango de Roxanne.

Joshua: What would I love most for Joshua? To see Schindler's List again! Please, Joshua, don't put it away! I know you can bring this masterpiece to life! I'm not sure what I'd want to see for the short. I really liked Libertango and like Jason's Prince it was an SP that needed growing into.

Artur: Please, Artur, keep Anna Karenina! For the short, I'd love to see him go back to something fun and quirky in the theme of his St Louis Blues or The Bolt.

desertskates

Medalist
the season just ended, and we all want to know what will happen in the next, but especially to know what will be the new programs of our favorite skaters!
my ideas are:

Patrick Chan: the Artist
Machida: Liebestraum
Rippon: continue with the Faun

Wagner: Firebird
Sotnikova: Tristan & Isolde
Gold: comeback The Mission (junior program)

I also thought Firebird for Ashley, she seems to be motivated by powerful music. Another good one could be Lawrence of Arabia.
I'd like to see Gracie step a bit back from the perfect princess thing and try a more powerful piece.
And for Polina, I loved the music that Sasha skated to for her 2002 Olympic short:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n40iX9O9c5c
Edit--I dug up the title, it's "My Sweet and Tender Beast" by Doga.