Programmes You Want to See in 2014-2015 Season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Programmes You Want to See in 2014-2015 Season

BRASILwmr

Rinkside
Gracie Gold: Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances, mov. 2 for SP/1 for FS/3 for EX
Ashley Wagner, Polina Edmunds: Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances same movements
etc. for all American ladies
Mao Asada if she continues: Masquerade Waltz for SP, Masquerade Waltz for LP, and a new Masquerade Waltz EX because she needs the EX to complete the cycle
Julia Lipnitskaya: SP I Got Rhythm (choreographed by Lori Nichol), LP King Kastschei's Infernal Dance from Firebird
Elena Radionova: SP You Don't Give up on Love, LP Schindler's List, EX Sex Bomb
Li Zijun: SP Selections from Die Walküre (ho-jo-to-ho especially), LP random selections from Götterdämmerung because she needs to embrace her inner German, and EX Agony Tango as punishment for choosing a tango for her music this season
Kaetlyn Osmond: SP Scheherazade, LP Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, EX The Swan by Saint-Saens because she clearly needs more warhorses
Anna Pogorilaya: SP Bach Organ toccata, LP soundtrack from Gladiator

Tatsuki Machida: SP Rite of Spring, LP Firebird, EX Petrushka to keep the Stravinky theme
Maxim Kovtun: SP Pierrot Lunaire, LP Clair de Lune, EX Fields oof Gold
Max Aaron: SP East of Eden, LP Salome, EX Dance of the Seven Veils with the veils as props
Javier Fernandez: SP Arirang/Sakura (the folk song) mashup, LP random selections from Harry Potter soundtrack, EX something new

Radionova is very stylish in their musical choices and fall badly to copy Lipnitskaya programs repeated to exhaustion.
I think she should explore more than Two steps from hell. this really suits her.:rolleye:
I wanted Julia let these classics and choose something more modern, perhaps something like the Radionova short programs (rsrsrsrsrs).:)The same for Mao in SP
For the men a lot of Rock and Epic Musics.

BRASILwmr

Rinkside
I agree totally!!! TSFH is the best and Yuzuru can skate very well in this style. I think TSFH Blackhearth combines perfectly with Hanyu.:popcorn:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Max: Top Gun, Rush - bad boy fighter pilot/racing driver would work perfectly. He needs to ignore the haters, stop trying to skate like someone he's not, and skate like himself, full of fire and fun.

Jason: Rohene's already said his LP will be "dramatic" (oooh, I'm so excited!). I'd like to see a tango or latin-themed SP - as mentioned in another thread, his Grand Guignol was great, and I'd be really interested to see how he'd do with that kind of program now that he's more grown up. And please nobody shoot me, but I really love the music of Tango de Roxanne.

Joshua: What would I love most for Joshua? To see Schindler's List again! Please, Joshua, don't put it away! I know you can bring this masterpiece to life! I'm not sure what I'd want to see for the short. I really liked Libertango and like Jason's Prince it was an SP that needed growing into.

Artur: Please, Artur, keep Anna Karenina! For the short, I'd love to see him go back to something fun and quirky in the theme of his St Louis Blues or The Bolt.

Best suggestion yet. Max, quit it with the artsy-fartsy.

I also cannot wait to see Rohene's follow-up for Jason.

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
I totally agree with Pirates of the Caribbean for Javier!!!!!

I really want to see someone do "Prologue" or "Hedwig's Theme" from Harry Potter and portray Hedwig... I don't even know why... I actually had a dream where Yulia did it and it was fantastic but it was a dream so... yeah. :laugh:

EDIT: I also want to see LOTR from Hanyu, it would be interesting.

usethis2

Medalist
I would like to see men skating to Justin Bieber and women to Tina Turner. (Lyrics allowed, right?)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There would be the need to add a Ravers Cup of Netherlands and something tells me she doesn't skate fast enough to please the people of the Netherlands:cool:

ekt83

Spectator
A little left field, wind band music has never been greatly explored. I know that wind bands can being back high school band memories and it can sound a bit tacky at first, when done professionally, music for Wind band/symphonies can sound amazing and spectacular-
Alfred Reed- Armenian Dances I and II, El Camino Real etc.
Percy Grainger- 4 Scottish Dances, Children's March, Molly on the shore etc.
Robert Russell Bennett- Suite of Old American Dances
Shostakovich's Festive Overture

If you're bringing up Wind Band Music, some other great stuff includes:
Frank Ticheli
Eric Whitacre (I'd die if somebody did "Godzilla Eats Las Vegas"...he has great choral music as well.)
John Mackey (Aurora Awakes could be edited to be a really cool program)

In terms of other music I'd like to see, I'd love to see somebody use The Moldau from Ma Vlast by Smetana. And because I just saw it on Broadway, I think somebody could maybe do something cool with the music from Pippin (maybe a younger team.)

zamboni step

Final Flight
Suggestions

Gracie Gold- SP Nocturne
FS Coppélia

Ashley Wagner- SP The Swan
FS Sleeping Beauty

Julia Lipnitskaya- SP Call Me Maybe (with a finger phone being used everytime the words "Call me" are sung)
FS Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Medley

Elene Radionova- SP Adagio for Strings
FS Best of Plushenko

Li Zijun- SP Hips Don't Lie (Lots of belly dancing choreography, just to make it incredibly ethnically confusing)
FS Soundtrack from Burlesque (Just imagine her skating to the infamous "Yeah" step sequence of Adelina Sotnikova's 2012-2013 FS)

Adelina Sotnikova- SP Yellow Submarine
FS Blues for Klook

Anna Pogorilaya- SP Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (William Shatner version, wearing a dress that induces fits with it's psychedelic awesomeness) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Ar79f8aN8
FS Legends of the Fall

Kaetlyn Osmond- SP Turnadot
FS Schindler's List

Serious List

Gracie Gold- SP Kill Bill Soundtrack
FS Tango Medley

Ashley Wagner- SP Once Upon a Dream Lana Del Rey
FS Firebird

Julia Lipnitskaya- SP Nocturne
FS Fumie Suguri's 2004-2005 FS music, whatever form of Carmen that was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qoelYWKzsQ

Elena Radionova- SP Zombie Dance
FS Romeo and Juliet (Don't hate me)

Li Zijun- SP return of Adams Family (Maybe bring the joy back to her skating?)
FS Pina Soundtrack

Adelina Sotnikova- SP Carmen Lana Del Rey
FS Malaguena? (Pure guess)

Anna Pogorilaya- SP Dark Eyes (She could so be sensual if she tried)
FS A Chorus Line (No romantic/soft music, all show biz, her Cats exhibition showed she can pull it off)

Kaetlyn Osmond- SP The Question of U
FS Fever/Jumping Jack Flash/ The Artist (If there must be a third cut, the first two on their own would be better though)

zamboni step

Final Flight
Gracie Gold: Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances, mov. 2 for SP/1 for FS/3 for EX
Ashley Wagner, Polina Edmunds: Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances same movements
etc. for all American ladies
Mao Asada if she continues: Masquerade Waltz for SP, Masquerade Waltz for LP, and a new Masquerade Waltz EX because she needs the EX to complete the cycle
Julia Lipnitskaya: SP I Got Rhythm (choreographed by Lori Nichol), LP King Kastschei's Infernal Dance from Firebird
Elena Radionova: SP You Don't Give up on Love, LP Schindler's List, EX Sex Bomb
Li Zijun: SP Selections from Die Walküre (ho-jo-to-ho especially), LP random selections from Götterdämmerung because she needs to embrace her inner German, and EX Agony Tango as punishment for choosing a tango for her music this season
Kaetlyn Osmond: SP Scheherazade, LP Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, EX The Swan by Saint-Saens because she clearly needs more warhorses
Anna Pogorilaya: SP Bach Organ toccata, LP soundtrack from Gladiator

Tatsuki Machida: SP Rite of Spring, LP Firebird, EX Petrushka to keep the Stravinky theme
Maxim Kovtun: SP Pierrot Lunaire, LP Clair de Lune, EX Fields oof Gold
Max Aaron: SP East of Eden, LP Salome, EX Dance of the Seven Veils with the veils as props
Javier Fernandez: SP Arirang/Sakura (the folk song) mashup, LP random selections from Harry Potter soundtrack, EX something new

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: You're the best! xD I think Julia should be skating to Harry Potter though, where they can put a lightening bolt scar on her forehead leaving it totally ambiguous as to whether she's Harry or Hermoine.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Kaetlyn Osmond- SP The Question of U

Please no! Nobody should be touching that music for a long time after what Jason Brown did with it.

She should keep her SP because it's really good and she didn't get enough time with it this season.

For the LP something modern, smoky and sensual would be interesting.

bunnychan

Rinkside
Here are some music suggestions.
Arabic Music- They have really cool music. Pechalat and Bourzat used thismtype of music for their mummy routine.

If you're interested in a rec, Song Nan's SP the last two seasons has been "The Middle East Side", which is a spectacular use of Arabic-style music. The best he ever did with this was at 2013 4CC.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Please no! Nobody should be touching that music for a long time after what Jason Brown did with it.

She should keep her SP because it's really good and she didn't get enough time with it this season.

For the LP something modern, smoky and sensual would be interesting.

I agree Jason did an amazing job with it, but I think it's totally different when a lady skates to it, and Kaetlyn Osmond's shorts have been exceptional so far, especially in comparison to her dreary FS's. Plus imagine all the cool transitions she could have in time with the music, and the sassy steps. Mae's was pretty good but this could be great. I loved her SP this year though, I agree sensual is Kaetlyn's money trait right now as reigning sexiest ladies skater. (A hollow title, considering the field, but she wins it with ease).

Imagine

Medalist
Obviously never happening, but...

Yulia Lipnitskaya
SP: “Mariage D'amour” by Richard Clayderman
LP: “Bratja” from the anime Full Metal Alchemist
EX: “Haru Yo Koi” by Matsutoya Yumi

Yuzuru Hanyu
SP: “Jack Sparrow” from Pirates of the Caribbean
LP: “attack ON titan” from the anime Attack on Titan
EX: “Ue o Muite Arukou” by Sakamoto Kyu

Adelina Sotnikova:
SP: “Short Hair” from Mulan
LP: "Jounetsu Tairiku” by Taro Hakase
EX: “Defying Gravity” by Idina Menzel

Gracie Gold:
SP: “Waltz of the Snowflakes” by Peter Tchaikovsky
LP: “Rhapsody in Blue” by George Gershwin
EX: "Young and Beautiful" by Lana Del Rey

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
To be honest, Yuzuru really should should do a Short Program to Winnie the Pooh.

Lyrics are allowed now! He can use 1:35 of the original winnie the pooh song and 1:15 of the new winnie the pooh song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1iwPtdJHsw

These are lyrics that would actually work for a skating program. Little girls everywhere would go crazy for him and maybe he could get some kind of Disney skating special out of it.