Programmes You Want to See in 2014-2015 Season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Programmes You Want to See in 2014-2015 Season

CarneAsada

Medalist
To be honest, Yuzuru really should should do a Short Program to Winnie the Pooh.

Lyrics are allowed now! He can use 1:35 of the original winnie the pooh song and 1:15 of the new winnie the pooh song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1iwPtdJHsw

These are lyrics that would actually work for a skating program. Little girls everywhere would go crazy for him and maybe he could get some kind of Disney skating special out of it.
If Yuzuru has a competition in Russia he could do Russian Winnie the Pooh.

aramina

Rinkside
Only got a few, really just ideas that have popped into my head while listening to random music.

I'd love to see Ashley Wagner do an EX to Kill The Lights by Britney Spears. (I think she has the attitude to really pull it off)
I think Yuzuru Hanyu should do a SP to something like In the Spotlight(Tokyo) by Namie Amuro. Although it's probably more likely that we'll get something like that from the Japanese ladies, I think it'd suit him.

And then I've got two songs that I don't have skaters in mind for, but that I'd love to see used in figure skating routines:
The Extreme from the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack - would be really tricky, but could be a very dynamic and engaging routine.
Koori no Ue ni Tatsu you ni by Miho Komatsu - This is really bad 90s era Jpop, not going to lie, but I think the pun would be hilarious if someone skated to it, because the first line of the chorus translates to "I want to do dangerous things, like standing on ice."

TMC

Record Breaker
Max: Top Gun, Rush - bad boy fighter pilot/racing driver would work perfectly. He needs to ignore the haters, stop trying to skate like someone he's not, and skate like himself, full of fire and fun.

Could not agree with you more. Any dramatic action-theme would be amazing! And yes he's best when he does what he obviously feels at home with (Tron) and not when he's trying to be something he's not. Anything fast, furious & fun and you can just see how much his love for skating shines through!

ETA: Could he go to Rohene for choreo? :biggrin:

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
Somebody should do Let It Go/Winter by The Piano Guys. I would say Yulia but I don't think it would suit her... Elena is a better choice.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Somebody should do Let It Go/Winter by The Piano Guys. I would say Yulia but I don't think it would suit her... Elena is a better choice.

I LOVE the Piano Guys!! :)

But wouldn't everyone and their mother be wanting to skate to "Let It Go" this year. Sort of like Les Mis invading the Olympic season after the movie became a smash the previous year. It's been used plenty but fell out of vogue and Yuna was the only one to use it during 2012/13, likely due to David Wilson's excellent choice. (Side note: I would have loved to have seen Yuna's 2013 worlds go toepick-to-toepick with Adelina's and Caro's in Sochi.)

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
I LOVE the Piano Guys!! :)

But wouldn't everyone and their mother be wanting to skate to "Let It Go" this year. Sort of like Les Mis invading the Olympic season after the movie became a smash the previous year. It's been used plenty but fell out of vogue and Yuna was the only one to use it during 2012/13, likely due to David Wilson's excellent choice. (Side note: I would have loved to have seen Yuna's 2013 worlds go toepick-to-toepick with Adelina's and Caro's in Sochi.)

Ahh, but this is a mash up of LIG and Winter by Vivaldi :) It's AMAZING! I would cheer for anyone who used it haha. If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you go to youtube asap.

lbc2138

On the Ice

:clap: I actually laughed out loud at work. The song is quite upbeat and cute! It matches his personality... except I think it would be a little weird for a 20 year old to do a program to it. Maybe when he was like 16 or something.

I got a kick out of a lot of these suggestions :)

anyanka

Record Breaker
I've made this suggestion before in another thread: "Yumeji's Theme" from Wong Kar-Wai's film 'In the Mood for Love':

http://youtu.be/zvVPN0xtgl8

It's not used that often, but I think that a couple that generates real romantic (and sexual) chemistry could make this smolder. It would be perfect for Tania & Max's SP. Can we send this to them as a suggestion? I think it'll be perfect.

Also, if they can pair this with additional music from the same soundtrack, W/P could make it the hottest free dance ever.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I would love to see Yuzuru or Javier skate to Ennio Morricone's "Ecstasy of Gold." I know Richard Dornbush did a Morricone medley a couple seasons ago, and it was alright, but I think Yuzu or Javi could do something really epic with that music (+ good choreography).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
ETA: Could he go to Rohene for choreo? :biggrin:

At this point I've probably imagined just about every one of my favourites taking choreo from Rohene :p

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I'd like to see Gracie skating to a tango and/or jazz piece. I am tired of the symphonic/lyrical "princess" pieces - I feel like something sassy would be good. :) Plus it is always good for skaters to experiment with their styles and images.

Polina - something more sophisticated but still not over-the-top heavy, perhaps "Swan of Tuonela" by Sibelius. Something not usually used, and a good alternative to the overused "Swan Lake". :p Second program more recent music, such as an SP with music from "Amelie" or "Anna Karenina".

Anna P. "Danse Macabre" or "Phantom of the Opera" with alternating fast/slow parts would make a great LP for her. "Solveig's Song" by Peter Gynt for SP.

So Youn Park - I really think she'd make a quirky Eliza :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmQlKdKpnW4

zamboni step

Final Flight
Gracie Gold

* Frozen
* Cinderella
* Gone with the Wind
* Tristan & Iseult

Just confirmed, Sky_Fly really does hate Gracie.

I also think maybe Li Zijun could do The Lark Ascending. Also Kaetlyn needs an exhibition to Sex Bomb. Finally I've changed my mind about The Question of U, Kaetlyn should definitely skate to Why Don't You Do Right?

anyanka

Record Breaker
EVERYONE should skate to Prince.
Imagine a SD where the only requirement is "set it to a Prince song".
Twenty versions of "When Doves Cry", anyone?