Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

pamela

Rinkside
IDK why people disliked ther FD?? I found it weird and it reminded me of that short film "The Maker" but I love it, the story behind its pretty and they made for the audience easy to understand... Well I can of prefer those weird programs than the Swan Lakes (tho I/K's was different so I liked it too) and the RJ-esque stories...

Anyways Im very new to this sport, can someone explain me Katya's posture problem?? I mean is it just a hunchback or there's more to it? So I can watch some videos and pay attention heheh

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is a lovely, long interview!

http://m.rsport.ru/interview/20140416/743096275.html

Bobrova and Dmitri Soloviev is objectively not major newsmakers began the off-season in Russian ice dancers. But I talk to them even more than with those who now starts a new sporting life with new partners. Too complicated and ambiguous is season for Russia's for-time champions Russia. On the one hand, the Olympic team gold, again the title winners of the National Championship, and, on the other hand, mess with programs, cruel disappointment in the competion at Soch, and on top of all, the partner injury at the World Championships in Japan. But the Agency's correspondents interview began "r-sport" Andrei Simonenko and Anatoly Samokhvalova with athletes with jokes.

HA HA HA,-fun responded Katya, when asked whether she and Dima would follow the trend of the offseason and trade partners with someone else, but then proceeded to answer in a very serious tone. -No. The results show that the change of partner takes a year or two, "rolling" new couples, and other things. Moreover, Dima-only my partner in a career, and I basically do not know how to stand in a pair with someone else. Not tried never. And hope not to have to.

-We are not going to adapt to other people's trends, continued Dmitry, in a similarly serious vein -Better themselves, we will introduce some of its fashion. A good anything. In terms of performing or programs. And change partners as someone else, we're not going to-we have a great team, excellent trainers. Everything is fine and no problems in the work we do. Someone, apparently they are, people are looking for something better. And there's nothing better for us, we know.

-Alexander Zhulin in a recent telephone interview, responding to the question, how is your health, Dima, told us that it's good, but your groin is sore. Please tell us how things are at the moment, and at the same time, if you can clarify what really happened on the legendary World Championships.

Dima: The injuries took place one after another workout, everything was fine. Two pregame days were wonderful. Went to a training session just before competitions, warmed up, skated to the music. Rode-rode, and suddenly I'm on the support, when I started to lift Her, I felt a sharp pain that raked a whole leg from the groin. Understood, of course, that training continue to fail, but to try and still shots to laminate the last start of the season on painkillers. Put the desired point, because we were very well prepared. Did practice, there was no breakdown, with the mood came a remarkable. Our doctors have made some shots, but I felt the effect at all. I say, let's pgive it a go. But here I was in response to a remove your heroism, think about what I skate together, God forbid that happens-Katya with the same support could fall. Here I thought, really, that expose Katia danger I never want to. And the better we'll miss the World Championships. Of course, it was a shock for us. This, coupled with the injury all season with us is just head over heels. But put up with that every sportsman-there are such situations. Do us this season helped realize many things that we did wrong with Katia. This is a great experience for us, and for our coach, too, and he learned about us a lot this season. We will not continue to tolerate the mistakes that we had.

Now-how to feel?

Dima: last week quietly went out on the ice. In the early days I did not particularly do anything, of course, could not, and feared that any "jerk" again. But this week, we start to put programs and I will gradually be drawn. Keyword-gradually to nothing again, this did not happen.

-Well, once you have started the topic, we will continue with such a question. In this season you were falling, and all messed up with programs, and the final curtain-an injury. Very disappointed-the fifth place at the Olympics. But there were also gold medals for team tournament-the reward for all the difficulties you experienced. What scales are heavier than what the outcome of this season's color-was it negative or positive?

Dima: neither. As I said, this is a good experience. Yes, well, we were hit on the head. Evil we now don't know who. Get together, put the program, vtânemsâ completely. And let's not think about bad things. Of course, had a good time when we stood on the top step of the podium for the team vent of the Olympics. Everything else should be thrown out of the head. Yes, something did not work, but give up because of this, we are not going to. This has brought us very much. Can't even convey feelings as much.

From "The Birds" was not skin chills

-Before you forget about the negative moments of the season, we still have to hear questions, think very many of your fans. To start: at some point, everything went wrong with the program? We were at the first public distribution of the season in mid-August on rublevka, where you are shown a short dance and approximation of the free dance. Already had the feeling that all this may not be what you want? It had to be changed and the short program, and after much doubt any ...

Dima: was fear, Yes. I think it is all because of the Olympic season. All are trying to make a masterpiece, but there is a risk that can be very hard to miss. Here we are, in a sense, and missed the mark. And the world.

Katia: our coach said: for him to learn a couple, three years. The first season we have turned out. The second blunder. In the third, fourth and subsequent seasons, Sasha already will know exactly what we need and what exactly is needed. How to set the program. We have been very successful, "Crazy", and the failed-"Birds". Even the placement of elements on the rhythm.

Dima: Single skaters, for example, don't put the quadruple jumps at the end of the program, because they are not physically able to do. In our view, too skillful placement of elements. And we also missed the mark. Something, apparently, and everything went wrong. And last season was, on the contrary, it is remarkable in this regard. Two programs that we love and never forget.

-A little digression about free dance of Crazy. At the Olympics enough specific audience in the "Iceberg", it seems, don't understand it.

Dima: at first did not understand, and then everybody understood.

But there came a loud laugh at the very beginning when the screen showed a close-up of your facial expression. Heard?

Dima: I've Heard. But not all viewers are watching to see what happens during the season. And not everyone knew that our program did not anticipate what will be the meaning of the numbers. Saw some fool with an idiotic person and laughed, thought something funny show. And then, as a matter of fact, when we finished, I looked into the room and saw people shedding tears. It was touching.

-Then go back to "The Birds". No doubt, you've seen the numbers from the original "Ice Age" show from your coach and learned the idea. No doubt intended to give it dramatic. Understand how difficult this is going to make?

Dima: Yes, repeat what did (Alex) Tikhonov (Oksana) Dancer, was initially difficult. Moreover, their number only lasts for a minute, and it's clear theme. We had to pass the four-minute story-barking dogs, bird thrown, shots, death, tragic ending ... But do it with the elements proved to be very difficult. That does not look like work. Tried to change task in the program during the season, change the music. But understand, ultimately, fails. Cannot open this topic.

-No desire to ever improve?

Katia: it makes no sense. It is not ours.

Dima: we went back to the old long program about Crazy because we knew this program works so that people will take to it. And to return to "The Birds" meaning absolutely no no, we understand this.

-As it is this understanding?

Katia: Yes, we feel. A year and a half we listen to the music of "Lunatics", put this music again and realized that want to present this program at the Olympics. If you are goose bumps, if I want to dance again and again-so we got. From "The Birds".

Dima: As with "Crazy" came out: come to Alexander Vjacheslavovich (Žulin) at the beginning of the season, he put music of Morricone, Katia and I immediately say, "Come on, rather-rather agree".

Katia: we have many options for this dance music. There was an option, for example, Sasha: I'm a girl, and Dima- a ghost.

Dima: there were many Ideas, but the music is one that stuck in my head. Downloaded it myself on iPhone, put in the car, constantly listened to throughout the season. In General, this program is not bothered.

-Do not go up from "The Birds"? The idea is awesome.

Dima: idea-Yes. But it failed to pass. Maybe acting experience for such a serious topic we lacked.

I am sure many would like to ask the coach, do you have [it]?

Dima: no, absolutely. Claims there is. Many of the claims. The coaches are not. Yes, somewhere, if we speak honestly, Sasha has us. But that's because he still does not know. That's all.

Katia: in the first season we even words across Sasha did not speak, because were sure: he knows what we need. In the second season trying to do so too. But a little bit didn't work out, and now we understand what you need, and we can talk. If we feel that something is not right, we should not be afraid to talk about it to the coach. We know that it will understand and discuss what we care about, and with his assistant Oleg Volkov, and with other coaches. Sasha can "burn" and the us to put ... But if we feel with Dima as something doesn't go, that we should be talking. And this is our new, so let's say, task.

Dima: we'll now base our preparations just a little more together. Of course he listened to us before, but we tried to surrender fully to all his ideas in us embodied, and we were executing. Now we will be more involved in the creative process and help him. Naturally, it is difficult without talking and discussion make title program.

Conversations at the level of "dissent" of the dispute?

Dima: no, not at all. Sasha, for instance, offers one, and we have done so, and with Katia said: it may be better in a different way? And he says: Yes, indeed. This was before, your opinion we expressed, and in the first year too.

-But the word "fear".

Dima: Feared only from the point of view that we did not want to spoil anything. It is Sasha's perception, and we wanted it to be completely opened it towards us. And now we understand that it is difficult to do without talking to and we were comfortable to "sit pat" and that he thought it looked good.

-Some say that Zhulin's employment in TV projects, whether he bothers to work with you. Some, on the other hand, believes that helps, because he draws there ideas. How do you think you are?

Dima: to make it clear: he's not lost there for days. May miss half the workout once a week, but the rest of the time he is with us and is willing to work day and night. As for my opinion, interfere with it or help ... Now, imagine a coach comes on the ice every day, sees the same program. And there he can freshen up a look, take an idea and bring to us. Therefore, absolutely do not believe that it gets in the way.

Katia: sometimes Sasha comes and says, "Oh, there's all that bad, as you ride with me-so good (laughs)."

If Juliet lifts Romeo, it is really bad.

Another difficult question. At the Olympics you skated well. As a minimum. But you were nowhere near those estimates, which the program could have gotten. How serious was a disappointment on this?

Dima: I will answer for myself. The Olympics is such a tournament, from which one can expect everything. I myself was prepared either to be from the first place, to the twentieth. That is, for anything. And I don't like to complain about the evaluation of the judges. They know better, they are more experienced, it's their job. We need, therefore, to work on ourselves so that no issues, and it was not what I wanted. That they had no option but to give a "top ten", 9.75, the third level on the "+3".

-Well, then what you claim?

Dima: need to work on lifts. Now we have to come up with something that everyone gasped. Jumped and shuddered. Lift-this is very important, they all appear on the programme can be strong. When moments of such spectacular elements "are shot"-all sensation can instantly change.

Katia: it now will do a little harder. We have to accept the new rules became less in the free dance.

Dima: but I think there will be. Appears, it seems to me more options for creativity, acrobatics.

-You come up with?

Dima: but as the same. Different things happen. Sometimes, for example, someone will raise the dog and immediately comes the idea to turn her so in this side, will be ready to support (smiles).

Katia: Sometimes even dreamed could support. It happens on other skaters look, you thought: this would hand up there and now here. Try this with Dima, is something different, but still interesting. Get and start to climb, look for that beautiful posture has turned out.

-Support the same Affect (Meryl) Davis/Charlie White or (Tessa) Virtue/(Scott) Moir on you?

Dima: rather, they are boosting their skills. What things are doing ...

-(Marina) (Gwendal) Anissina and Peizerat even more incredible things get up-it's raised.

Katia: well, I think it's not that good or the perversion of some kind, but it's still wrong. Man should lift the woman on their hands should be, not the other way around.

Dima: different families come, Katia ...

Katia: no, I meant that if Juliet lifts Romeo, it is all bad (laughs).

-And any explicit ideas in some of the lifts did not want to implement, such as the Virtue/Moir in their "Carmen" at the end of the program?

Katia: there all sorts of Ideas. But to execute them yet fails. I want to do a triple somersault, for example, and not coming out (laughs).

Dima: new season will succeed. Enough Is Enough.

-Many couples seek help in the technique of the supports to the acrobats Cirque du Soleil. Would you like to?

Dima: we have never encountered, but would like to try. Those who fall into the hands of these guys, look new in the lifte. And we would like to. But it's this kind of talk. overall. We do not have any claims to us to Acrobat, he pulls out his ideas, coming up with something new. We will work ourselves this season differently. All re-imagine and re-examine.

Will "fly in space"-issues to judges would not be

-Another eternal dance on ice theme-a pair of number one in the national team, which is, as they say, support for Federation. When the personal Olympic tournament, understand that you are not the first couple, and that this will be supported by others?

Katia: no, of course. No one has tried before the Olympic games we have this title. In the team tournament leading to the best result of the season your short dance guys (Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov) fingerprints on her season's best. No one no one won.

Dima: We have proved all season that we pair of number one. Enough, for example, to compare the who where what places occupied. I do believe that it is necessary to constantly fight for the title. All aspire to the goal, to the first place-and we, and all the rest. Let it be a struggle.

Many experts have said that the difference in the scores at the Olympics between you, and Kasalapov and Ilinykh, French Nathalie Pechalat/Bourzat should be kept to a minimum. If you took the same fifth place, but lost to the tenths of points-it would not be so offensive?

Katia: now what about this ... This is from the same area that many say: Behold, if Lena with Nikita fell at the European Championships, World Championships was not a mistake, it would have won both gold. But they haven't won, and I see no point in talking about it, like Olympic scores.

Dima: we, too, by the way, fell, but got into the Grand Prix final.

-The question is about something else. The feeling, when you lose by a little bit, but in a fair fight.

Dima: I understood you, Yes. Well, maybe we would be feeling better. But the place hasn't changed. Yes, Lena with Nikita ranked third, we are fifth. So they were stronger. Everything on this closed the topic.

-Yes, in the stronger?

Katia: the judge saw what. It's their decision.

Dima: this is sport. You have to be stronger on the head. Fly away into space. Then there will be no issues.

-It's exactly a sport?

Dima: everyone, of course, there are a number of questions to the political side of the case. Especially in dancing, it is the most vulnerable in this respect, the kind of figure skating. But I don't want to discuss this topic. Our cause is to work.

Katia: to break stereotypes.

-Don't hurt that you're most vulnerable, how you say?

Dima: Offensively, so after the 2018 Olympics in pair skating, I will move on.

Katia: I go to the maternity leave (laughs).

-You will be very lonely in pair skating after dancing ...

Katia: why are they next season allowed the music to take. By the way, what's interesting, I thought everything will go well. But neither will talk on this topic-everyone is afraid. That is, supposedly, can knock down. I tell them: guys, you did an exhibitionskate with music with words, and nothing, not confusing. Besides, all the same, not listening to these words, when performing. In General, this paradox. Although I expect that all will now be a flight of fancy.

-Do you have in the rules changes next season.

Dima: Yes, in the free dance was removed one lift, in the short, one series will be mandatory and the other creative elements of compulsory dance.

Katia: as usual, at the beginning of each Olympic cycle there are changes. First, the system of judging have changed, then before the past cycle of compulsory and original dancing together in short. Now, in addition to those changes, which said Dima, even change tracks and twizzles. See communiqué of the ISU with explanations. It will be interesting.

-How do you think, have already exhausted your style as a couple?

Dima: we do not want that to happen. Explain what I mean. There are couples who have similar programs. When we last season moved to Žhulin and came to the first tournament in Finland, we were approached by people saying, "Oh, you don't even hear on the ice". That's what we want is not to remain within a single style, to change. Create each year something new. How broke we Waltz and "Crazy", so I want to break every year. Like with "Birds"-mistake. Well, next year for sure.

It is clear that you will not reveal secrets of preparing programmes, but something of intrigue can say?

Katia: Yes, even the Paso doble (compulsory dance)-already the intrigue. The last time something similar, tango, we competed in the year 2007, we were 17 years old. It is clear that the different dances, but styles intersect, I mean dance in General, not the required steps. Very interesting and really want to play soon. The main desire is different from everyone, although it will be very difficult. I have tried to search for music, and it is almost all the same. Apparently, all the pairs of the same music, and then will be fantasy, who represents. Who Bull, who cloak, or something else, but not standard Carmen and Bullfighter.

-Steps already teach?

Katia: Dima While recuperating, but we know them. Paso doble-and had already competed in junior tournaments, and in the early senior career.

DIME: so what steps do not need to learn. Key points and so forth, and all will be fine.

-Outlines in free dance already have?

Dima: Of Course.

-Hindi talked about two ideas.

Katia: we know about one. Keeps in stock, just in case (laughs). See, not only do we learn from the mistakes.

The title of the first couple will not give up

-Well, we interview began with jokes, but actually, the situation in the Russian dance is very strange. Will appear two new couples formed of two old ones. And leaders, already without any issues, will have to be you.

Dima: well, in a situation with new pairs still a lot of unknown, but even if everything is restored as it was, we're going to fight for the leadership, as they say, to the last drop of blood. We will prove that we are the first pair of Russia. Before we were approached and asked: do you feel that you are the first team in the country? We meet as uncertain. Now we're just confident. Whether there is a swap couples, whether the teams restore-we will fight to the end.

Katia: not give up this title. We want to be the champions of Russia, among other achievements. And not only in Russia.

-Zhulin said that he will travel with you to win the Olympics in Korea.

Dima: It strategist because. And, by the way, when we first season with him became the champions of Europe and World Championship bronze prize-winners, he, as it seemed to us, was not expecting that. Because talking was careful. And now feels that in us, and to us it is nice. He sees potential in us win high places, and from this we have added forces, and goals become much higher.

-Do something, by the way, expecting that will achieve such success, barely having started work with Žhulin?

Dima: honestly, Yes, I have the feeling that we are capable of great things, as soon as the set program and spoke at the first tournament in Finland, about which I have already referred. Although it is still half a year before the US "buried," said Bobrova and Soloviev-has-been, nothing of them.

Unfortunately, there is a sense that and now you are not very optimistic, many are, for example, Tatiana Tarasova, when commenting on the disintegration of Katsalapov and Ilinykh pairs, said that Russia lost the 2018 Olympics gold, and about the fact that there are, and you are not remembered.

Ilinykh/Katsalapov dancing couples and Sinitsina/Žiganšin Couple swapping

Dima: let them say what they want. I've been to this all with a smile I-do not read any reviews or interviews. Want to just work hard and get better. And talk ... How many pro athletes and not just talked about. And "buried", and was written off. Nothing selected to the top.

-Taking into account all the nuances and complexities of dancing on ice, which we have spoken, including today, this question: If you were offered to go all the way again, knowing that there would agree?

Katia: I would agree.

Dima: sure, would agree. This is all so interesting.

Many would have done differently?

Dima: Yes. A lot would change. But this does not mean that escaped all the errors. "Any other.

-Well, we have only one question. Why are going to be retired, not 12-multiples of the champions of Russia? After you leave Korean Olympics?

Katia: I said I will give birth-and Dima goes into pair skating. Already forgotten? (laugh)

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I finally have the whole thing up, with the help of bing translate. I edited the rest of the interview into the post.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Macassar88, thanks for the link! TAHbKA actually speaks Russisn, so hers is a real translation. :)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Please, Snow63, could you explain to me what they said here? http://m.rsport.ru/interview/20140416/743096275.html I know they confirmed that they will continue dance together and he already went back to train (on ice - off ice), but still, I can't get the whole picture :think: what does "we are evil" mean?:confused:

Hi there :)
Sorry. I was on vacation. And 'we are evil' is not correct translation of course :) But oh well, you already know that.

Any news?

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
photos-d.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-ash/918180_763877166978067_935169607_n.jpg
here she is, with the award

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
she should have kept her blonde her
I've seen her in Russian skating shows with red hair ? not that good of a look for her

why change your original blonde hair

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
uh... no, I think red hair looks good on her
distilleryimage4.ak.instagram.com/60cc0066ce4011e393810002c9dce43c_8.jpg