Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev | Page 59 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Gosh, can't believe they just got the highest PCS score in SD :yahoo: even higher than Chock/Bates :dance:

Why not? They're stronger skaters than Chock/Bates and their performance was very good, apart from that mistake on twizzles by Dima :scratch2: And they also got timing mistake on the first key-point of Midnight Blues.

But on the good side, their stop in not touching midline step sequence was not punished, which means it's okay! :yahoo:

P.S. I don't really expect them to win tomorrow, I just want them to skate clean and get that silver :)

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
without that twizzle mistake, they could even have won the SD :yahoo: I'm so excited for tomorrow (and for the whole season ahead)

Snow63

Record Breaker
Me too! This season starts MUCH better than the previous one so far :biggrin:

Snow63

Record Breaker
When driving from my dentist today there was some kind of radio marathon of Scorpions' songs, and damn! I wish someday Ekaterina and Dmitry skated their FD to Scorpions song (or medley). There's a song called 'Born to Touch Your Feelings', I've never been a fan of it, but today it cut me DEEP... really deep... I feel like that song really suits them, their relationships and history together. I would LOVE them to skate to it. :cry:

And the beat is very suitable for ID too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxuhNmjnK9M

P.S. Damn that anesthesia!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I liked their PCS, and they lost the short to themselves, but I doubt they can win on the free. However, if they get to the end of the program with the same energy, I'm okay. They looked relaxed, a big difference from the first outings last year. I think they are back in their game - and was that a pesonal best on the short? Yes, it was!

:love:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
@Snow: You talked Lana del Rey on the other thread, what about this one for the blues instead of Aguilera? Speed up the beat and you have it. It would be more introverted and eerie, a throwback to 2013, but right up their alley. Of course I don't mind them outgoing and sexy, they're awesome, but I'm a sucker for alternative programs.

Snow63

Record Breaker
@Snow: You talked Lana del Rey on the other thread, what about this one for the blues instead of Aguilera? Speed up the beat and you have it. It would be more introverted and eerie, a throwback to 2013, but right up their alley. Of course I don't mind them outgoing and sexy, they're awesome, but I'm a sucker for alternative programs.

Honestly, I will be down for anything instead of Aguilera, and I LOVE eerie. I honestly expected them to go less traditional way in the SD, but then I saw their music choices... But that's just my taste :biggrin:

sneakers

Match Penalty
I don't like that Zhulin bought the whole CD of the whailing Ms. Aguilera to be used as music for his team.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Someone tell me why Ekaterina was so upset after the FD?

Their FD but there is one minute missing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJO497SYK5c

Maybe the two mistakes? The spin was the obvious one, but look at the rotational lift, she is supposed to open her arms, and you can see she tried to do that, but had to go back to hold on to Dima, otherwise the same mistake from Samara would happen. They need to change that dress. And maybe she was upset it happened again since on the first two outings of that program nothing happened - that ice show and the test skates.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Maybe the two mistakes? The spin was the obvious one, but look at the rotational lift, she is supposed to open her arms, and you can see she tried to do that, but had to go back to hold on to Dima, otherwise the same mistake from Samara would happen. They need to change that dress. And maybe she was upset it happened again since on the first two outings of that program nothing happened - that ice show and the test skates.

The protocols are out. Their only level-worthy mistake was the spin :)

Snow63

Record Breaker
I saw it. But I still think she was upset about the lift too. Twice in a row, but perhaps is just the dress' fault.

The skirt material is obviously too slippery for Dima to hold her confidently. I don't want her to change the dress, though. But I don't want them to change the lift either! So if there will be no choice... Something needs to be done, that's for sure.

And I tried to remember the last time they made a mistake on their combo spin and I can't remember :scratch2: But I'm glad they did mistakes, honestly. They will be more focused during these elements in the future, and hopefully they will resolve timing problem in Midnight Blues pattern too before the GP, I tried to check it today and I think it's barely there, but still there. I'm glad they hit the keypoints, though, even with wrong timing :)

sneakers

Match Penalty
the dress needs to go. I also hope they chance the opening choroe, I dont like that it reminds too much of the failed "Bird".

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
No one said it, but Team Beaver got a PB on SD, FD and total score, if that matters to anything. We all know how the scores at Challenegers are. But yay, Team Beaver! :hap10:

Last edited: