Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
For those who interested. Their schedule.

Боброва - Соловьев:
----------------------------
1). Nebelhorn Trophy, 25-27 сентября.
2). Finlandia Trophy, 09-12 октября.
3). Skate America , 24- 26 октября.
4). Trophee Eric Bompard, 21- 23 ноября.

Nebelhorn Trophy will be one of the most important events next season in ice dance. Weaver/Poje VS Bobrova/Soloviev. I wonder what judges will make of that.

And I think FT and SA are too close.:slink:

Macassar88

Medalist
For those who interested. Their schedule.

Боброва - Соловьев:
----------------------------
1). Nebelhorn Trophy, 25-27 сентября.
2). Finlandia Trophy, 09-12 октября.
3). Skate America , 24- 26 октября.
4). Trophee Eric Bompard, 21- 23 ноября.

Nebelhorn Trophy will be one of the most important events next season in ice dance. Weaver/Poje VS Bobrova/Soloviev. I wonder what judges will make of that.

And I think FT and SA are too close.:slink:
I don't think so - Finlandia and SA don't have much competition - so it'll be good for them to practice there so they don't mess up in TEB - TEB will be super important for them because CL are there and they need to beat them.

But I'm super excited to see them at four competitions (hopefully five with the GPF) this calendar year

And apparently they did excellent at the closed test skates - so I'm excited

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
I would love to see pictures of Dimitri's son. He never posts anything through social media about his child. I wonder how old he is by now. I wonder if he is learning how to skate like his (now divorced) parents? He would probably be very talented given his gene pool.

Snow63

Record Breaker
And apparently they did excellent at the closed test skates - so I'm excited
Where can I read about that? I thought they're gonna skate Sept. 6th. Am I missing something?
And I think that W/P are more dangerous threat to them. After V/M retire, they're gonna be #1 canadian pair. Watch them have PCS boost next season.

Edit: guys, do you know W/P and C/L schedule? I can't find it on the forum.

Snow63

Record Breaker

Looks good! Can't wait.
But I'm not gonna watch any test skates, even open one. I'm gonna wait for the final product. It's only 23 days till Nebelhorn!

Edit: last pic is just amazing! And I think I'm OK with her hair colour now.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Her red hair is really striking, it's very immediate and catches the eye. Both looking gorgeous and in great shape! This should be great for both programs.

Macassar88

Medalist
Yeah I've really warmed up to it. Although I think it would be great if she went black to blonde at worlds right after the SD for the FD lol

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
new interview from fsrussia
http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/190-eka...solovev-v-etom-sezone-chut-legche-dyshat.html
1) confirmation of short dance and free dance music (Carmen and Anna Karenina respectively)
2) Zhulin and Petukhov have new students, so unlike the OG season, they don't focus solely on Bobrova/Soloviev, which is a positive change, beacuse now the duo can voice they opinions and ideals of the dance more, and "in reality, freedom and responsibility together play a very important role"
3) In general, the summer camp in Moscow was very productive.They worked on the new programmes and practiced a lot
4) about Carmen: they began with Carmen, after that, they had a few other options, they considered them all, but in the end, they went back to Carmen.
- Bobrova: " I almost did not read the press, forums, but the world of figure skating is pretty closed, so could not hear arguments that, say, the image of "Carmen" Bobrova skater will not work. Like, Katie's positive image, it's all such a "white and fluffy", but Carmen is the passionate Spanish nature character! I must admit, when Sasha and Sergei voiced his proposal I was a little surprised, I thought: "Do they not see that this image does not fit with my appearance?" But then I reflected and decided: "But the skaters are also actors, not on stage but on and ice. And whatever in life you may be, you have to go out and play what you put on the script. "You know, and it spurred me. And why not take a chance and experiment? Especially because I'm sure the coaches are awesome directors"
5) about Anna Karenina: " I just like the idea of ​​the free dance. I do not remember that someone recently took these images. Except Arthur Gachinsky, but he - a single skater. One is much harder to tell a love story. Here it takes two."
6) Charity events after the OG:
Q: After the Olympics, you have participated in many charity events. What do you remember?
Soloviev: When you meet with the children, especially with those who do not have parents, I was always touched by the sincerity of these little creatures. They are such eyes look! Suited to sometimes just stand around furtively touch is lost, do not know what to say ...
We were at the opening of the Games in the summer of children's homes. Involved 150 children. The little ones bursted into the room. And when we told them about the Olympics, then there was silence. Only huge eyes that full of trust ... You know, so wanted to give them a piece of heart, soul, heat, find some right words so they would remember. Convinced that in life there are no desperate situations, and it is imperative to look for themselves, to dream, go for their dreams.
Bobrova: Because I go to the commission of athletes at the Russian Olympic Committee, I had even more of such events. Like Dima, I also remembered the guys from the Olympics orphanages. For them, these events have the same meaning for us as a performance at the Olympics in Sochi. For many of these guys - success in sports - a chance to break up, in another life. And it motivates.
Then I contacted Skype with children from orphanages. Moreover, the start of our conversation was clearly fixed, and I had immediately after exercise to be carried into the locker room, include Skype. Showed children skates on their feet, they said, do not even have time to change. The boys sat on the chairs and began to ask questions. Remember one boy. He was allowed to ask one question, because I was willing to deal. He told me that keen swimming, but it all say that nothing will. I supported him. And then he raised his hand again. He was so much to learn.
You see, such a dialogue with children - this is a very important thing, because their questions and your answers are coming from the soul. Children need it. Sometimes you just support someone, smile and say, "Do not give up, everything will turn out." They believe, listen, remember. And maybe for someone they become the words that will change lives.
7) Vacation after The OG and related events:
Bobrova: I flew to the Dominican Republic
Soloviev: Berlin and Barcelona in a week, rest of the time I spent with my mother.
^ well... that's what I can make with the help of google translate :laugh: anything I miss?

bramweld

Record Breaker
They withdrew from Finlandia too
Argh this injury has been awful for them!

Boy it makes me wonder if their working so hard last year was overkill, did that aggravate things terribly. Tarasova said their new programs were a year too late. What a shame if they could never perform them adequately because of injury. This should serve as a word of caution to new teams and old.