Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje

Alba

Record Breaker
Now that W/Ps touring is over I am interested in seeing if they will be staying with Krylova and Camerlengo. I think the coaches really dropped the ball with their teams this year and some of their teams have already left them.

Well, if they dropped the ball it was not with W&P for sure. I wasn't much in love with their programs but many people loved it and you really can't have all hits. No coach or choreograpfer can give you that. Sometimes it's gonna be a hit and sometimes a miss.
Skaters do change coaches because they need a change, and sometimes that's good and it's needed, and sometimes they change it becasue x or y coach is in fashion at the moment. It doesn't mean that the previous coaches are not good enough or didn't give their max.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Thank you, Doris! Now I can watch handsome Andrew & Kaitlyn all day :biggrin:
Andrew also has an instagram: https://instagram.com/apoje/
(There's a site with a list of all figure skater's instagram and twitter accounts: here
I hope it will help in the future :) )

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Heartbreak Hotel, yay! Love this song :yay:

Never heard their FD music, so cannot say anything.

humbaba

Final Flight
On TSL Dave Lease said that Kaitlyn had an injury to her shoulder labrum. He said they were trying to keep it quiet. I know of no confirmation or denial from W/P's camp.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i see... so it could be anything..... or they could be waiting for testing... i hope it's not too bad :(
On TSL Dave Lease said that Kaitlyn had an injury to her shoulder labrum. He said they were trying to keep it quiet. I know of no confirmation or denial from W/P's camp.

robredo40

On the Ice
Why did Dave lease divulge this information, if they compete and the judges are aware of some injury it could affect the marks not cool.

humbaba

Final Flight
i see... so it could be anything..... or they could be waiting for testing... i hope it's not too bad :(

Yes. There is a range of severity in tears of the shoulder labrum. From what little I know, if there is just some fraying on the superior portion of the labrum, physical therapy is the usual treatment, rather than surgery. If the labrum is torn and detached from the humerus, surgery is probably required. So much depends on the nature and severity of the injury.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Kaitlyn. Hope all goes well for her.

chameleon

On the Ice
If the labrum was just frayed, it probably wouldn't be worth mentioning. However, it is totally possible to put off surgery depending on the severity of the year. She will need surgery at some point, once the labrum starts wearing away it can't heal without surgery. However, if the tear isn't too bad and she's careful not to tear it further, she can put it off till the end of the season, possibly two or even the end of the quad but she might not want to risk putting it off that long. If they haven't said anything, it's probably not that bad. Minor labrum tears generally don't start off that painful. So as long as they're careful, they should be fine to compete this season.