Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje

tulosai

Record Breaker
I also think V/M`s return will only fuel them even more. You can love them or not, but these two are fighters and won`t give up so easily. I think Ice Dance is looking awesome for the Canadians, with V/M returning they will have two teams who could potentially medal at the next Olympics. This should be a first for Canada. But making that Oly team will be really, really tough now for teams like G/P, P/I, P/O and O/H.

Yes truthfully while everyone is saying this is unfair to Weaver and Poje the teams IMO who are really going to suffer are the others you listed- Weaver and Poje's place on the team is at least safe, that's not true of the others.

katha

On the Ice
I feel like I need to hide here from the mean ppl who want to bury WP & hail VM return:sad4::tantrum::ghug:

I still believe in them & obv they wont make such mistakes @Worlds
Everyone's career is declared over if there's a bit of struggle and/or they make mistakes. W/P had a bad comp? Career over. V/M are coming back? WeaPo should retire. Then wait if V/M should perhaps struggle a bit at the beginning (as has been known to happen with comebacks)? They should never have come back, they will sully their legacy, career over. SinKats were declared dead before they had even properly formed as a dance couple. That proved premature. :biggrin: Ashley Wagner's career was declared dead so many times I've lost count, she's still trucking on. Liza Tuk came back from setbacks. Irina Slutskaya. Maria Butyrskaya. Denkova/Staviski recovered from a bad season to become World Champs. Shibs turned momentum. Their career was delcared over a lot as well. Just yesterday Chan's career was over. ;) Now he's a hero!

I think it's just the (fickle) nature of parts of skating fandom in general tbh. :) WeaPo are very good skaters who've shown a lot of improvement and grit throughout the years. I'm sure they'll continue to work hard and will try to show their best possible skating. Everything else is out of their hands anyway.

slider11

Medalist
No panic needed! Bad day at the office! I truly admire Kaitlyn's positive comments in the K and C and support of Andrew. Ice dance has evolved even over the 2 years since Sochi. I think W/P has a handle on this. I am looking forward to a strong showing in Boston and forward thinking from there. I am an American Shibs fan BUT I am rooting for a podium 1. Weaver/Poje 2. Shibs 3. Papadakis/Cizeron.

Marta25

Medalist
Everyone's career is declared over if there's a bit of struggle and/or they make mistakes. W/P had a bad comp? Career over. V/M are coming back? WeaPo should retire. Then wait if V/M should perhaps struggle a bit at the beginning (as has been known to happen with comebacks)? They should never have come back, they will sully their legacy, career over. SinKats were declared dead before they had even properly formed as a dance couple. That proved premature. :biggrin: Ashley Wagner's career was declared dead so many times I've lost count, she's still trucking on. Liza Tuk came back from setbacks. Irina Slutskaya. Maria Butyrskaya. Denkova/Staviski recovered from a bad season to become World Champs. Shibs turned momentum. Their career was delcared over a lot as well. Just yesterday Chan's career was over. ;) Now he's a hero!

I think it's just the (fickle) nature of parts of skating fandom in general tbh. :) WeaPo are very good skaters who've shown a lot of improvement and grit throughout the years. I'm sure they'll continue to work hard and will try to show their best possible skating. Everything else is out of their hands anyway.

I think a lot of this comes from the mindset of the 6.0 era. Once a skater was being dumped by the judges, it was over, especially in ice dance, but this seems to have changed a lot. The juges are ready to reward teams if they make the necassary improvements. When the season started most people thought the World title would be between C/B and P/C and that the judges had dumped W/P, but instead C/B lost their National title and W/P won their second GPF title. IMO, ice dance became as unpredictable as Singles and Pairs. The time when one ice dance team could dominate the circuit like N/K or G/P did are over and that`s pretty exciting.
I`m looking forward to next season and I think W/P will still be a factor for an Olympic Medal in 2018.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Charlie White who was the commentator for the FD did not entertain for a second the notion that a bad FD meant Kaitlyn and Andrew would be in trouble for making the podium at Worlds. Not only the Shibutanis resurgence shows that ice dance rep is not the be all and end all it once was.

Heck Chock and Bates going from a bad SD to delivering their best FD score ever shows that ice dance scores are not set in stone any more!

Kaitlyn and Andrew have a clean slate and a new page at Worlds and the same great chance to win they had before 4ccs.

:cheer:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Charlie White who was the commentator for the FD did not entertain for a second the notion that a bad FD meant Kaitlyn and Andrew would be in trouble for making the podium at Worlds. Not only the Shibutanis resurgence shows that ice dance rep is not the be all and end all it once was.

Heck Chock and Bates going from a bad SD to delivering their best FD score ever shows that ice dance scores are not set in stone any more!

Kaitlyn and Andrew have a clean slate and a new page at Worlds and the same great chance to win they had before 4ccs.

:cheer:

I totally agree, finally a voice of wisdom and rationality. I can't deny I was very sad and disappointed by their FD technical execution at 4CC, but they were at that state even more I think after scores arrived. The PCS and overall expression looked solid, they have to focus on tech execution and all is still possible. I've learned not to take any results/places for granted this season in Ice Dance.

agataquiroga

Rinkside
I knew that when Virtue & Moir announced their return many people would be like: "Oh, now the true heroes are back!" However, for me, I have never been able to 'connect' with them...of course they skate good, but I don't 'get them'....I don't see such a difference between both couples, in fact I see WeaPo better than them. I'm so looking forward for seeing them succedded in Worlds!! I'm a super huge fan of them. I discoreved them 2 years ago in GPF Barcelona 2014 and they immediately took back in time to Anissina & Peizerat, I was just astounded. Apart from that, I think that the Shibutanis and Papadakis/Cizeron are just as good as WeaPo this season!! So, my wished World Podium would be :points: 1. WeaPo 2. Papadakis/Cizeron 3. Shibutanis. I just can't stop watching their performances....Can't wait!!:hap85:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So, my wished World Podium would be :points: 1. WeaPo 2. Papadakis/Cizeron 3. Shibutanis. I just can't stop watching their performances....Can't wait!!:hap85:

That's my dream podium for this season too! :cheer: Though I don't really care about order much, just want all of them skate the best they can and smile with satisfaction ;)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
New article about Kaitlyn & Andrew: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/w...ew-poje-focused-world-championships-1.3504717
They didn't knew about Tessa & Scott return, as some of us suspected, me included. There is going to be a lot of drama next season :drama: Also I can't understand how writer can leave P/C out when naming their thoughest opponents. They are current World Champions & they did win Europeans two months ago afterall. Someone is either delusional or just forgetful. Anyway, I hope WeaPo stays strong no matter what :cheer: :rock:

They got THE support: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDUCeAojK9g/?taken-by=ka2sh :biggrin:

EDIT: Another article, this time about their Free Dance: https://bevsmithwrites.wordpress.com/2016/03/23/the-bourne-advantage-weaver-and-poje/

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Some fluff: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x40ryr8_kaitlyn-and-andrew-pre-worlds-2016-interview_sport
Handsome and can cook. Marry me, Andrew Poje! :luv17: I've never noticed before, but Kaitlyn eyes are green, so pretty :)

ALL THE BEST WEAPO! Go & kill these levels! :cheer:

they are striking couple on and off-ice (in banquets etc.) period - a perfect contrast of her light hair and complexion and his tan and dark hair :love:

really curious about these changes/modifications made after 4CC - today I'll get a stroke from tension and sore throat from screaming, GOOO Kaitlyn and Andrew!!!!!!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
they are striking couple on and off-ice (in banquets etc.) period - a perfect contrast of her light hair and complexion and his tan and dark hair :love:

really curious about these changes/modifications made after 4CC - today I'll get a stroke from tension and sore throat from screaming, GOOO Kaitlyn and Andrew!!!!!!

Yes, I've always liked that contrast about them :yes: I'm very curious about the changes, too! Hope it will make their dances even better !
Please, cheer on them from me too! :cheer:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Kaitlyn and Andrew, when you are on competition ice today, may you love and enjoy the ice, the skating, and each other. May you do your very best and your wish be fulfilled.