Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

BusyMom

Medalist
Congratulation Silvia for Chelsea Winning. I'm so mad at my team right now. If they keep playing like the past 3 games, they shouldn't deserve the title anyway. Chelsea played the mind game yes sure but they left a lot of chances open too. I'll be back to edit this post in a few hours. Now I need a break.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Congratulation Silvia for Chelsea Winning. I'm so mad at my team right now. If they keep playing like the past 3 games, they shouldn't deserve the title anyway. Chelsea played the mind game yes sure but they left a lot of chances open too. I'll be back to edit this post in a few hours. Now I need a break.

Thank you. But I'm afraid that we sent the title directly to City. :laugh:
Chelsea wasn't the most beautiful team to watch today, but it's ok for me considering the players missing, especially Luiz, Hazard and Oscar. (when I first saw the squad, with Kalas and Ivanovic there, I thought it was a joke)

RIP Tito Vilanova :cry: Today it was the first time in many years when I cheered for Barcelona...

Alba

Record Breaker
Vujadin Boskov, who coached Real Madrid, Roma, Sampdoria and many other top European clubs as well as the Yugoslavia national team, has died. :cry:
He won La Liga title with Real Madrid in the 1979-1980 season, and led Sampdoria to the club's first Serie A title in 1991 and reached the European Cup final with the Italian team in 1992.

He was not only a great coach but above all a great man. Very funny and ironic. :) RIP!

BusyMom

Medalist
Vujadin Boskov, who coached Real Madrid, Roma, Sampdoria and many other top European clubs as well as the Yugoslavia national team, has died. :cry:
He won La Liga title with Real Madrid in the 1979-1980 season, and led Sampdoria to the club's first Serie A title in 1991 and reached the European Cup final with the Italian team in 1992.

He was not only a great coach but above all a great man. Very funny and ironic. :) RIP!
RIP. I remember him from the nineties, back when he was with Roma. I was at some of the his games crashed between Roma-Lazio. Back then I spent some months a year in Roma and lived not that far from Stadio Olimpico. I always think that he looked a bit like Bill Murray from the Groundhog Day.

Thank you for joining us here Alba.

Thank you. But I'm afraid that we sent the title directly to City. :laugh:
Chelsea wasn't the most beautiful team to watch today, but it's ok for me considering the players missing, especially Luiz, Hazard and Oscar. (when I first saw the squad, with Kalas and Ivanovic there, I thought it was a joke)

RIP Tito Vilanova :cry: Today it was the first time in many years when I cheered for Barcelona...
Mourinho always the smart one. He knew he didn't need the best team to beat Liverpool. From last week match, it showed that Chelsea is still the better team. We'll see what will happen in the next 10 days.

Sorry for CL's result though. Haven't got a time to watch them yet, since I got tangle with work this week. Not so sure what happening for both games. Just checked the result but not the analysis. I want to watch them first before checking the details.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Congratulations to Atletico Madrid, the new winner of La liga! :clap:
Great season, very good team and probably the best coach this season:) There are few chances of beating Real Madrid in the UCL final, so I'm happy they won a trophy this year.

BusyMom

Medalist
Congratulations to Atletico Madrid, the new winner of La liga! :clap:
Great season, very good team and probably the best coach this season:) There are few chances of beating Real Madrid in the UCL final, so I'm happy they won a trophy this year.
They have a very great season. Their dynamics are impressive and exciting. Wish them well for the next season.

borzaya

Final Flight
That's a great thread! Along with figure skating, I like football very much, too. At present I'm excited about the ManCity victory :party:, disappointed with Barca's results :scowl: - and, of course, looking forward to the World Championship! :yay:

BusyMom

Medalist
That's a great thread! Along with figure skating, I like football very much, too. At present I'm excited about the ManCity victory :party:, disappointed with Barca's results :scowl: - and, of course, looking forward to the World Championship! :yay:
Thank you for joining us. Since you're a MCFC, I might not a big fan of you. :mad: Just kidding.

World Cup this year definitely be the death of me. I hate the time zone obstacle. Man! Asean fans always get the bad end of the deals.

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't even know what the timings will be... Just thinking of the amount of sheer time I will have to (yes, I will "have" to :) ) devote to all those matches is daunting... Just thinking of it makes me wonder if I really want to do this? But I know I will - and then I will be thoroughly addicted, and suffer withdrawal the days off... But it's the same it's been for every tournament (each second year Euros/World) for many years now... and will no doubt continue to be. I'm a creature of habit. :)

BusyMom

Medalist
I don't even know what the timings will be... Just thinking of the amount of sheer time I will have to (yes, I will "have" to :) ) devote to all those matches is daunting... Just thinking of it makes me wonder if I really want to do this? But I know I will - and then I will be thoroughly addicted, and suffer withdrawal the days off... But it's the same it's been for every tournament (each second year Euros/World) for many, many years now... and will no doubt continue to be. I'm a creature of habit. :)
It will be at night time in Europe. The last match might be later in the early morning hours. If you are the night owl, there should be no problem. Like the first match, Brazil/Croatia will be at 5pm Local Time. FIFA gave the European viewers priorities since they are the biggest target groups

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, I am a night owl. Well, that sounds good then. Thanks. :)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Only interested in men's football, are you? Womens uefa cup right now. Marta… just saying :bow: Standings after 68 miinutes Tyresö-Wolfsburg 3-3. Love this match.

ETA Wolfburg won 4-3. Great game!

BusyMom

Medalist
Only interested in men's football, are you? Womens uefa cup right now. Marta… just saying :bow: Standings after 68 miinutes Tyresö-Wolfsburg 3-3. Love this match.

I watched her played a few matched. She's as good as any Brazilian footballers could be. I am a big fan of US women team. Sarah Hagen who plays with Bayern right now is great. The problem with women football is not much of the exposure of any kind (in my corner of the world especially). Yesterday my national team got the last ticket to World Championship next year for the first time in history. Sadly the great news was shadowed by today's Military Coup. :cry:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I have never been a fan of football. Overpaid eejits running around a field after a ball, making dirty tackles, and doing amateur dramatics whenever somebody comes near them.

But I watch Women's football regularly. And no, it's not just because it's women! All the things I hate about the Men's game are missing from the Women's game. Generally speaking, the women are not overpaid; they do not play dirty; and they do not act. Of course, there are some exceptions, but not many.

I taped the Champions League final and watched it this morning.

Last year, it was a fairy tale for Wolfsburg. They had never won anything, and then in one season they win the German League, the German Cup, and the European Champions League!

This year, the fairytale was Tyresö getting to the final. Like, this was the last game that the team was playing together, because the club was broke. The Swedish government had had to bail out the club just to let them continue to the end of their Champions League campaign.

Mind you, when you saw the team line-up, you could understand why a bankrupt club was doing so well. So many good players:

The joint Swedish national team captain (Caroline Seger).
Swedish national team regulars Lisa Dahlkvist and Linda Sembrant.
The Spanish national team captain (Verónica Boquete).
American national team regulars Christen Press and Meghan Klingenberg

And, of course, Marta. The 5-times World Player of the year.

And herein lies the club's problem. To get top players like these costs money. Like, the Eurosport commentators told us that Tyresö were paying Marta 400,000 A YEAR!!! Add in whatever they were paying these other top players, and it is no wonder the club was broke.

So, they brought it on themselves.

Nevertheless, I really wanted the fairytale finish. And it was looking so good when Tyresö scored 2 absolutely brilliant goals in quick succession around the half-hour mark.

Wolfsburg were the far better team in the second half. They scored 2 in quick succession straight after half-time, but Tyresö went ahead again a few minutes later. Despite this, it was obvious that the Tyresö girls were tiring quicker than their Wolfsburg counterparts.

But I felt really sorry for Tyresö with the situation that led to Wolfsburg equalising again.

The Tyresö coach, Gustavsson, had already decided to replace Malin Diaz with Madelaine Edlund. But as Diaz was coming off, she was frantically pointing at Klingenberg, who was visibly in a serious amount of pain But, it was too late to change who was being substituted. So 2 players went off, but only one came on.

Edlund's position was to mark Verena Faißt, on the far side of the pitch to the dug-outs. But, when the referee blew the whistle to re-start play, Edlund wasn't over there yet. So, with only 10 players for Tyresö on the pitch, no marker and a chance to shoot, Faißt took the opportunity and scored.

Tim Caple for Eurosport explained that in situations like these, the etiquette is for the team with possession to kick the ball out of play to give the on-coming player time to get into position. And Gustavsson clearly agreed, as he started protesting to his Wolfsburg counterpart, Kellermann.

Emma Hayes (the Chelsea coach) sitting beside Tim in the commentary booth had a different view: "Not in a big championship like this, you don't!"

After the goal was scored, Elisabet Klinga came on to replace Kingenberg. But the damage had already been done. And it was all over when Wolfsburg scored again 10 minutes later.

Although I wanted to fairytale, it was really impressive how Wolfsburg were able to come back in the 2nd half after being absolutely no-where in the first half. They certainly deserved to win after that performance!

But, I was very disappointed that Wolfsburg did not bring Connie Pohlers on, as that was the last match before she retired.

Overall, a very good match that fitted the occasion.

CaroLiza_fan

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't even know what the timings will be... Just thinking of the amount of sheer time I will have to (yes, I will "have" to :) ) devote to all those matches is daunting... Just thinking of it makes me wonder if I really want to do this? But I know I will - and then I will be thoroughly addicted, and suffer withdrawal the days off... But it's the same it's been for every tournament (each second year Euros/World) for many years now... and will no doubt continue to be. I'm a creature of habit. :)

Here you can check all the matches and the timing in europe. At least Italian and other european cities timing.
The latest match it's at midnight so that's good.

http://www.mondiali-di-calcio-2014.com/calendario-mondiali/

And now let's enjoy the Champions League Final!:popcorn: