Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth. | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Football/Soccer Is The Greatest Game On Earth.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Love the Swiss guys for not giving up :clap: 5-2 now. Most goals for one match, seven, so far?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
And Schweiz scoring on their free kick is also a first :thumbsup:

The Costaricean coach showing his happiness was infectious :party: LOL this team is my sentimental favorite from now on.

I'm not crying much for some Europenan teams being out. Play the game and never underestimate your opponents :biggrin:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Anyone knows anything about Ecouador or Honduras? Not me :)

Crucial match for Schweiz i presume :confused:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Still crushed over Italia... :cry::cry: how can I enjoy this World Cup without Italia joining the round 8 at least?

Good for The Netherlands and France. I hope Germany will do more than good.

Anyways, If this year it's the Netherlands, then my mum will be more than happy. She loves them, always. :)

But I am pretty sure Fifa would love to pay back their debt to Brazil, though. :slink:

LRK

Record Breaker
Awww, Meoima! Look at it this way, this will be the end of your anxiety at least - that's how I look at it with Spain. They'll be back next Euros. And Italia is not yet out - so keep up your courage!

If your mother is made happy that way, I certainly won't be! I would much prefer Brazil to win. It's funny that there was a time when I liked "them" much more than Germany - and now it is the opposite. Or almost. I never actually DISliked Germany - I just had no interest in them. But that other team... well, bring back Edgar Davids and we can talk! ;)

I came here to note 1-0 to Honduras - and it's already 1-1. Well, well....

Alba

Record Breaker
Football is the best game for me on Earth, but the more I see some players the more I appreciate skaters and their hard work.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Football is the best game for me on Earth, but the more I see some players the more I appreciate skaters and their hard work.
Nah, football is about team work. You can't push yourself up to 100% if your team mates aren't in the mood to. With skaters, they have their on and off days, so do the football players. Easy on them. They are 11 different individuals, with different injuries to bear and different strength to display. That's why it's so hard for them to compete at even 80% of their true strength all the time.

Alba

Record Breaker
Nah, football is about team work. You can't push yourself up to 100% if your team mates aren't in the mood to. With skaters, they have their on and off days, so do the football players. Easy on them. They are 11 different individuals, with different injuries to bear and different strength to display. That's why it's so hard for them to compete at even 80% of their true strength all the time.

You're right. I was thinking more in general terms.
I know a lot of players who doesn't train enough and don't follow the regime, and are paid a lot of money.

BusyMom

Medalist
I know a lot of players who doesn't train enough and don't follow the regime, and are paid a lot of money.
No you're right. Even though football is a team sport, many times a single player with exceptional talent can be a big of the factor to beat the opponents. Let's just say that even with the bad defenders the teams could win the game if they scored plenty enough to win.

I've been stuck with WC for the last few weeks and have no idea that Milan's new manager is Pippo Inzaghi. :yay: :yay:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sigh, about players with bad attitude, you are right. :bang: damn, I still can't get over.

TMC

Record Breaker
No you're right. Even though football is a team sport, many times a single player with exceptional talent can be a big of the factor to beat the opponents. Let's just say that even with the bad defenders the teams could win the game if they scored plenty enough to win.

Like Ochoa :clap:

TMC

Record Breaker
Exactly. I can't believe he is free agent right now. Ajaccio must feel stupid right now for not keeping his contract. :no:

Well so far this has been like the best ever "job interview" performance for him :laugh:

I may win nearly 500 euros in our pool if Brazil take home the trophy, but Mexico and Costa Rica have been so amazing that I'd rather see them in the final! 90 minutes of true poetry in motion wins over cold cash every time :biggrin:

Funny how out of 26 of us, only three didn't have Spain in the top four and everyone else had them at either third or fourth (including me). Only one predicted that they'd repeat. I wasn't even sorry when they tanked - it was so much fun to see the underdogs do well!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Iran is hanging in there :thumbsup: Argentina has to score but if frustration sets in that could really spoil their fun. I'm starting to wonder who is wearing down who. Argentina needs a quick one.

BusyMom

Medalist
^ You are more likely to with that 500 euro based on what happened so far. Good luck. Right now I prefer underdog to win for a change.

Not so sure what happen to Argentina. 0-0 HT. They had a lot of chances but blew it at the end. Surprise to see Maradona in good shape. :eek:

LRK

Record Breaker
Argentina are now on the defensive... What a topsy-turvy world we live in!

It would be almost funny if Iran were to score... Actually, who am I kidding? It would be funny.

Well, say what you will - the second half is much more amusing. In fact, I'm sitting here laughing to myself...