Skaters on Team Japan | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

deedee1

Record Breaker
Interesting thought of the day: The more I watch Keiji Tanaka's FS, the more I like his skating.
Is it just me? Or do others think that he has great potential IF he can manage to land more triples and a quad in his program?
Maybe he can be a late bloomer and surprise us all like Machida.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_3FTvNvDyw

Two reasons me think; one: because Massimo Scali has done its choreography :love:, two: Keiji did improve skating skills a lot since last season. :yes:
I hope Keiji will keep his LP and skate this beautiful La Traviata to its full potential next season. :)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

Yuzunes

Rinkside
i love TEAM JAPAN esp. YUZURU HANYU i will miss dai and tat for sure all the best for team japan:cheer2:

Last edited by a moderator:

yhmafan

Medalist
Welcome Yuzunes, You might be the first person who has posted in this and Yuzuru's thread from uae.

Yuzunes

Rinkside
thank u yhmafan oh really i never thought that..im only a lurker before enjoyed reading all the topics here.. my pleasure to share my thoughts now by posting...thanks again

GermaricanMix

On the Ice

ioanna

Record Breaker
I love the figure skating branding in Japan, it's amazing. And that SONG! I love it. I think I point that out every time one of these videos gets posted. Is there a place that every opening and closing montage in a playlist or something?

Here are the opening and closing videos of the 2013-2014 season

Grand Prix Season
Grand Prix Final
Japanese National Championship Opening
Japanese National Championship Closing
Sochi Olympics Opening
World Championship Opening - Men
World Championship Opening - Women
World Championship Closing

Very well made videos for a memorable season :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Just putting this here because there is artwork on the Team Japan guys.
An artist and television personality shares her feelings about being at Nagano when Tatsuki announced his retirement.
She loves Tatsuki very much and drew several pictures of him...and the rest of the guys of team Japan.
Very funny, very sweet.
When she first heard the news, it was snowing in Nagano, she and her friend went outside and drew 'Tatsuki Baka!' (stupid Tatsuki!) in the snow, in frustration. But she understands that she has his reasons, so before his last performance at the gala, she made a special sign board for him, with his face and 'Tatsuki Daisukiii' (I love you, Tatsuki!!) as can be seen in a video still of his performance.
http://fod.fujitv.co.jp/s/genre/variety/ser2223/2223810002/

She borrowed a Karaoke box to draw the sign-board, and in the toilet of the Karaoke 'let it go' from frozen was playing. It perfectly matched his retirement, so while listening to the music, please look at the comic sequence she drew.

Such good ART!!

She and she drew Yuzu in bed, with '6 weeks rest' written next to it.
Sota's picture says 'I love Hanyu' (Junior, still in middle school)
Uno Shoma says (I'm Dai-chan-esque)
Mura has 'sukoshimo' which means 'a little bit also' -probably just to fit him in to the song. heheheh.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Just putting this here because there is artwork on the Team Japan guys.

Sota's picture says 'I love Hanyu' (Junior, still in middle school)

So it appears from this video at 0:17 (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fy95s_150130-国体-少年男子fs_sport) that Sota has landed a quad toe loop in practice, and this at age 15, same age I think as Yuzuru did.:cheer: He does really look up to Yuzuru as seen in his training attire and costume and the numerous references to the latter in the video . And I noticed too that he also has this long neck (again like Yuzuru) and quite good posture that will help in his skating lines.

Looking forward to seeing him and Shoma shine at Junior Worlds.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2g8933_山本草太-会心の3a-全国中学校スケート大会sp_sport
Sota's 3A in a recent All Junior High competition. -It's looking very good.

It's interesting to see the differences in approach to skating between Shoma and Sota, and that they are such good buddies.

Shoma loves the skating, the artistry and it shows in his performance. I look at him and see connection to the music, great upperbody movement and quality in the steps. It is impressive that he has mastered so many jumps in the last year. Shoma needs some 'break-out' programs next year that will show case his strong points.

Sota loves to jump and spin. The height and quality of the jumps he can do is great. The speed of his spins is amazing. He is not as gifted in musical interpretation as Shoma but you can tell that he is listening to, and feeling the music all the same. His spins and jumps are always in time with the music. He doesn't quite know what to do with his upper body and arms yet. So I hope he's taking dance lessons or something.

These two are great to watch.

Last edited: