Sotnikova wants to add quadruple toe loop? | Golden Skate

Sotnikova wants to add quadruple toe loop?

chalk5

Match Penalty
http://news.sport-express.ru/2014-03-31/684580/

google translate...

Olympic champion Adelina Sotnikova believes that hold leading positions can only be due to complications programs , and a gold medal in the Olympics Sochi does not guarantee victories in the future . Russian woman reported that she already has plans in this regard .

- I already have a blueprint of programs for next season - quoted by ITAR-TASS Sotnikov . - I would complicate his own compositions , performing two stages of the "3 +3 " in any program . I want to learn a quadruple toe loop , although it does not promise to exercise in the near future .

- Of course , this season for many skaters main event was the Olympics - added Sotnikov . - However, at the World Cup level of competition was very high , and many showed the best car of the season. This primarily refers to Mao Asada , who performed a triple axel in the short and free programs .

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice
I'll believe it when I see it.

I feel like I'm the forum pessimist but it's true. I'm honestly a bit skeptical as to whether or not she'll come back next season.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Being left off the team event clearly lit that fire in her belly and gave her nerves of steel. How far she takes that competitive spirit remains to be seen. I like her ambition.

Does the article mention anything about possible music choices?

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Lipnitskaia, Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova... who's next? :popcorn:

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I admire her spirit and hope she can do it, though I am not going to bet anything on her getting it cleanly.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
http://www.dni.ru/sport/2014/4/8/268588.html

google translate...

Olympic champion Adelina Sotnikova believes that hold leading positions can only be due to complications programs , and a gold medal in the Olympics Sochi does not guarantee victories in the future . Russian woman reported that she already has plans in this regard .

- I already have a blueprint of programs for next season - quoted by ITAR-TASS Sotnikov . - I would complicate his own compositions , performing two stages of the "3 +3 " in any program . I want to learn a quadruple toe loop , although it does not promise to exercise in the near future .

- Of course , this season for many skaters main event was the Olympics - added Sotnikov . - However, at the World Cup level of competition was very high , and many showed the best car of the season. This primarily refers to Mao Asada , who performed a triple axel in the short and free programs .

It looks like different article. Are you sure the source link is correct?

chalk5

Match Penalty
Thank God for google translate. I had some time on my hands and just wanted to see what is being published of Adelina, and there are many articles out there that are very pro-Russian, disregarding the fact about the controversy. Well, if you just use Goolge translate, you can get a good summary out of it. Looks like she is determined and wants to show the world that she belongs in the top. We know that she is very athletic, and perhaps by bumping up her tricks, she can hopefully get around the same marks as she has in Sochi. I'm not even quite sure if she can continue skating with all this mess. Looks like the whole world agrees with that Yuna should have won the Gold with Olympics publishing a Yuna's Superb Silver Performance where they don't even publish Silver Medal Winning programs or events in other sports. I don't know. The whole thing just seems disastrous for everyone both sides.

hurrah

Medalist
Doing two 3-3 in the free program makes no CoP sense all in all, so I doubt that she would do that.

If Adelina ever got a quad ratified before she retires, I think she would overcome the Olympic stigma she's been put in a position to shoulder.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
http://www.dni.ru/sport/2014/4/8/268588.html

google translate...

Wait, what? That article is about her sister (because Adelina would have no story otherwise). Nowhere does it mention her skating at all. Maybe you linked the wrong one?

Also, I can 100% assure you we won't see a quad from Adelina. Not until she quits that toe axel on 3T; she also does not have the most stable/compact air position for a quad. Just because she skated one program relatively cleanly (relatively is really pushing it) doesn't mean she is all of the sudden on par with ladies like Miki Ando or Midori Ito in terms of jumps. It's like saying Sarah Hughes said she wants to do a triple axel/quad after winning in Salt Lake City.

Amei

Record Breaker
It's good to aspire to something, but I hope no one that is striving for the quad jump sacrifices their development of artistry or gets injuries trying to get this jump.

gettinglow

Match Penalty
I think she'll need a quad in order to win anything important in the future. Let's just say her artistry is pretty junky and her skating skills pretty clunky. I could actually see her doing a quad toe based on how much height she gets, although I imagine she'll probably pop it more than not. Anyway, hopefully she can work on making her technical elements crisper, cleaner and actually take off on the correct edge for her toe jumps. I doubt her PCS will get much better, and judges who aren't receiving favors or death threats won't feel compelled to hand her gold medals.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I don't see her getting a 4T. While her 3T is big, it isn't very straight in the air and that would be problematic. She also doesn't rotate fast on any of her jumps, and I don't think she pulls her body in tight enough to pull the quad off. I could see her doing a 3A far more easily because her axel technique gives her great lift and she has much better air position on the jump.

gmyers

Record Breaker
She will so do a quad toe loop in every free skate! She will attempt them because she must try to stay on top and provide an excuse for losing.

BlackPack

Medalist
Aren't people tired of the so-and-so will attempt a quad or some other impossible jump that even the greatest competitors have never landed?

These news are just attention-seeking attempts to stay "relevant" because some other skater said they will do this and that.

sk8in

Match Penalty
Doing two 3-3 in the free program makes no CoP sense all in all, so I doubt that she would do that.

If Adelina ever got a quad ratified before she retires, I think she would overcome the Olympic stigma she's been put in a position to shoulder.

Just curious, why wouldn't two 3-3s be effective for lifting one's score?

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Aren't people tired of the so-and-so will attempt a quad or some other impossible jump that even the greatest competitors have never landed?

These news are just attention-seeking attempts to stay "relevant" because some other skater said they will do this and that.

Usually I would agree with you but Adelina has been put in a very hard place. She has to say she's working hard and trying to better the difficulty of her programs or people will come after her next season with accusations of laziness unbecoming of someone with an OGM. She has to push herself to an impossibly high standard because of the controversy surrounding her win.

(Not that I agree with her win, but I can't stand that people sent death threats to her. It wasn't under her control, people.)

sk8in

Match Penalty
No one is going to criticize her for laziness. They will criticize her if she skates clean next season, yet can't match her personal best score. And it will be pretty controversial if all the other great ladies out there are doing clean programs and getting lower PCS than her seemingly only because she has the OGM.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
(Not that I agree with her win, but I can't stand that people sent death threats to her. It wasn't under her control, people.)
C'mon, no need to reapeat that again and again. Her personal page had someone take responbility (or she done by herself, lol), they already banned so many people, no one sent anything to her now :laugh: