Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who is practicing new Quads? Which ones?

Ryusa5

Rinkside
I'd like to see Hanyu try a 4Lz. I feel like he'd be the only one who could make such a jump look aesthetically pleasing. I remember Brandon's 4Lz, it was pretty ugly :/
he's training it,he said he has the rotation done but I guess he's not that consistent with the landing,maybe he'll do one in some of this ice shows
He's also training 4A,but he's more than 1\4 short of rotation,so its <

Marin Honda is also training 4T(and a 3A),if nothing happens to her I think she has a shot of a medal in Pyeongchang,now she's not even a junior but has huuuuge potential

Meoima

Match Penalty
He hasn't disappeared but he hasn't gotten any additional GP assignments because he places so poorly at nationals. He seems to be too fixated on quads and appears to not put enough effort into training programs and developing other aspects of his skating. In addition to the 4Z, Tom Z has posted videos of Brandon's 4L and 4F on his facebook page.
I've heard his family was having lots of trouble. Poor the guy. If only he paid more attention to his skating skills.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Yes, it's a sequence but the point is it can be physically done and rather consistently, too.

Oh, well... 'The point is' I never said it's not physically possible to land 4T, 3A and 3A with minimal amount of steps and choreo between the jumps. If you re-read my post again, you'll see that I wrote 'this combo is not physically possible'. I meant combo as a combo, you know. Not as sequence.
So my point is still valid.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
I'm not familiar with who Vik Baldwin is honestly and I can't find a whole lot on him. He posts on Yulia's VK page and posted this video recently there. http://vk.com/video218676084_167913597

It looks like Yulia was right there taking notes.

This isn't really relevant but since I don't know exactly where to post this http://vk.com/albums-31036833?z=photo-31036833_324339315/photos-31036833

This makes me squee/lol so badly.

I think Yulia could land a 4T, in combination would probably be the best bet to keep the high value she already has and add to it. She would still be able to do two 3T, right? But only three combos are allowed, I think? Anyway if she can do it, I don't think we'll see it for a while because she won't put it in unless she's pretty sure she'll land it.

So she would have to do 3L-3T-3T to keep two 3T, while not exceeding the # of jump combinations. Has anyone ever done that combination in competition (ratified as fully rotated)? When I was looking at the predicted elements for the Olympics they had that listed for some of the skaters and I wondered why.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

jkun

Final Flight
He trained it. It's said he didn't think it was worth the points, though.

Not to say I know more than him, but I think the 3A-4T could definitely be worth the points! Especially if you're really good at doing 4Ts. .Can probably get a really high scoring combo at the 2nd half of the program. Only type of person I can see doing this is someone who is really good at 4Ts, but doesn't want to do a 4T-3T (because it's boring)

It could basically be equivalent to a ladies' 2A-3T

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Only type of person I can see doing this is someone who is really good at 4Ts, but doesn't want to do a 4T-3T (because it's boring)

Then maybe someone ho is really good at 3A and on 4T = Hanyu , but I don't see him going for that in competition, because he simply don't need such crazy combinations, but I would be not surprised if he already practiced it

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Not to say I know more than him, but I think the 3A-4T could definitely be worth the points! Especially if you're really good at doing 4Ts. .Can probably get a really high scoring combo at the 2nd half of the program. Only type of person I can see doing this is someone who is really good at 4Ts, but doesn't want to do a 4T-3T (because it's boring)

It could basically be equivalent to a ladies' 2A-3T

He probably meant that it's 'BV/risk' rate was too high. Why he needs to risk not to land such combo when he can land easier combo with + GOE for not too much smaller value? He simply doesn't need this.

Edit:
Then maybe someone ho is really good at 3A and on 4T = Hanyu , but I don't see him going for that in competition, because he simply don't need such crazy combinations, but I would be not surprised if he already practiced it
That is exactly what I meant :biggrin: My english is not going along with my mind sometimes :)

LRK

Record Breaker
Also, this would depend on when this was - the value of quads used to be lower, no? So a 4T-3A would have been lower too?

ETA - sorry, meant 3A-4T.

bibi24

Final Flight
I think most top men jumpers has practiced all quads at some point.

Stojko said he did in this interview (4A with harness),
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxEdsRPH64c#t=4m42s

Gachinski had videos of 4Flip & 4Loop.

Joubert said he practiced all quads and might try 4Lz when Daisuke tried 4F.

thanks for posting this brah, seriously impressive! i saw the 4s-3a once and couldn't find the link again and here you delivered.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
True, I think a lot of the 'Good Jumpers' have tried the various Quads with some success, but I feel more optimistic about Hanyu's 4Lo because he was able to do it in spotlights, in front of an audience. That shows that the success rate is further along...I think?
When talking about training the other quads, Hanyu said "It takes a long time to get the rotation, and then a long time again to be able to make a landing, and then a long time again to make the landing secure. I hope to add the new quads over a few years time" So, with the 4Lo he is at the stage where he is practicing the landings and getting the success rate higher.

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
Hope Adam goes back to going for his Quad Lutz. It had such purity and potential. Could electrify a program if he hit it, like when Tanya hit her first Triple axel.

nimi

Medalist
Meoima posted an interesting Yuzuru interview today...

Q: Your status with a different quad?
A: Beginning this rest period, I will begin to challenge it. There are still many exhibitions, and my practice time has been affected, so I haven’t begun to seriously practice it yet. Because it hasn’t yet been shown in an actual competition, maybe not a lot of people know, but in reality there are quite a few competitors that have landed a quad loop, or quad lutz in practice. I have to remember this, and prepare myself for a time that will perhaps change. Jumps are crucial, but in expressive ability, there is also work to be had.
Q: Do you have the thought that you want to be the first ever to make a jump?
A: How should I say it? It’s hard to put into words. It’s not that I don’t want to jump, but it hasn’t developed to that point. I don’t want to merely perform a certain jump in a competition to get put down as a record. As soon as one person succeeds, everything will change, and all I want is to be able to keep up with that change

So, the situation sounds a bit like a classic Western movie scene where the gunfighters are facing off.
You'd better carry a gun, but you know that if you draw first, there's always the possibility you might lose the battle.

LRK

Record Breaker
Meoima posted an interesting Yuzuru interview today...

Q: Your status with a different quad?
A: Beginning this rest period, I will begin to challenge it. There are still many exhibitions, and my practice time has been affected, so I haven’t begun to seriously practice it yet. Because it hasn’t yet been shown in an actual competition, maybe not a lot of people know, but in reality there are quite a few competitors that have landed a quad loop, or quad lutz in practice. I have to remember this, and prepare myself for a time that will perhaps change. Jumps are crucial, but in expressive ability, there is also work to be had.
Q: Do you have the thought that you want to be the first ever to make a jump?
A: How should I say it? It’s hard to put into words. It’s not that I don’t want to jump, but it hasn’t developed to that point. I don’t want to merely perform a certain jump in a competition to get put down as a record. As soon as one person succeeds, everything will change, and all I want is to be able to keep up with that change

So, the situation sounds a bit like a classic Western movie scene where the gunfighters are facing off.You'd better carry a gun, but you know that if you draw first, there's always the possibility you might lose the battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4

cooper

Medalist
jin-seo of korea said he will try working on his quad.. i hope he will be successful on it.. i want to see at least a male skater to represent korea just in time for pyeongchang.. not just in the ladies..