Bazarova / Deputat teams up for New Partnership (to be coached by Vasiliev) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Bazarova / Deputat teams up for New Partnership (to be coached by Vasiliev)

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
-He is not a strong lifter. He is hunched forward when he lifts her. He was like this with Davankova too but I thought then it was a height/size thing. I'm sure it partly was but his posture is awful when he lifts Vera as well. Not sure if he needs to bulk up more or if maybe he needs a shorter/smaller partner to entirely fix this. I don't think it's a deal breaker either way- he CAN lift her- but I do think that it is a shame the lift looked that bad when lifts were always such a strong point for her in the past.

Maybe it's not about a partner, it's about him. I mean, he just has a bad technique on this element. I believe they are gonna work to make it better.

Musical choices for them are good given their style, but of course kind of cliched.

Well, the musical choice is the main thing I worry about. Firstly, it is, as you wrote, cliched. Of course, it is crude, tough pre-version, nevertheless it looks almost too classical and... a little bit boring. Secondly, and I think it's more important, this song - My way - is very difficult to interprete it well. It's the story of dying man, who's looking back at his life and seems to be pleased with it. A very sad song, one of my favourite, but - in my opinion - it suits rather a pair (or skater) ending his career, you know, some kind of take-your-hanky performance... I hope I will be surprised :p

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
Thank you for the video!
They looks really great together, even the jumps are better already(Vera) and they both look so happy.
Vera looks stunning and he is mmm nice looking.
This pair will be interesting to follow.

DianaSelene

Medalist
From the little bits of the FS I just saw, it sounds like their music is Astor Piazzolla's tango. An interesting choice considering it is not classical/soft/lyrical.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
From the little bits of the FS I just saw, it sounds like their music is Astor Piazzolla's tango. An interesting choice considering it is not classical/soft/lyrical

Isn't it classical? Every season there is an athlete skating Piazzolla's tangos. On the other hand, as I could see those fragments, their interpretation seems to be interesting and a little bit... distnictive. I liked it more than the short one.

Thank you for the video!
They looks really great together, even the jumps are better already(Vera) and they both look so happy.
Vera looks stunning and he is mmm nice looking.
This pair will be interesting to follow.

My pleasure :) Vera is very pretty, I think that she's one of the most beautiful skaters.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I was really impressed with that performance from B/D.

In around 3 months she has more sync with Deputat on the SBS jumps than during all her time with Larionov. I also liked the throw they done afterwards. They both seemed very happy, I never seen her smile so much, I get the impression it's a very positive environment. If they have keep progressing at this rate, they could be a factor come the Russian champs. The Russian test skates will be interesting.

hanca

Record Breaker
I am also very happy about what we have seen. Considering that they got together only after worlds, which is three months ago, this looks very promising. And the music, although someone here suggested that it is a bit cliche, I will prefer watching her skating to this than to Chaplin! At least this highlights her strengths, her carriage, extensions... She looks stunning on the ice and very happy.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
so gorgeous looking couple
Vers is stunning and Andrei is Hot :)

If they keep progressing they might challenge even beat V/T in next Olympics gold medal

DianaSelene

Medalist
Isn't it classical? Every season there is an athlete skating Piazzolla's tangos. On the other hand, as I could see those fragments, their interpretation seems to be interesting and a little bit... distnictive. I liked it more than the short one.

My pleasure :) Vera is very pretty, I think that she's one of the most beautiful skaters.

By classical, I meant traditional classical music like Tchaikovsky/Mozart so no, tango is not considered to be classical music.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
By classical, I meant traditional classical music like Tchaikovsky/Mozart so no, tango is not considered to be classical music.

but Tango is still an overused genre in FS

anyways Stolbova / Klimov and Kavaguti / Smirnov should be worried
impressed by their good basics, the lifts can be improved, it only 3 months together !!!
he can build more muscles

DianaSelene

Medalist
but Tango is still an overused genre in FS

anyways Stolbova / Klimov and Kavaguti / Smirnov should be worried
impressed by their good basics, the lifts can be improved, it only 3 months together !!!
he can build more muscles

Yeah, I am not arguing that it is not overused because it is...
Just saying that it is not classical music in the traditional sense.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I'm liking what I see. It will be interesting to watch them progress. And I will be watching them because he is very easy on the eyes!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
In around 3 months she has more sync with Deputat on the SBS jumps than during all her time with Larionov. I also liked the throw they done afterwards. They both seemed very happy, I never seen her smile so much, I get the impression it's a very positive environment. If they have keep progressing at this rate, they could be a factor come the Russian champs. The Russian test skates will be interesting.

Yes, it's nice to see Vera with a happy face. With Larionov she seemed always a little bit... frightened, maybe abashed. Here she looks so nicely, it seems that she's got good contact with Andrei.

I am also very happy about what we have seen. Considering that they got together only after worlds, which is three months ago, this looks very promising. And the music, although someone here suggested that it is a bit cliche, I will prefer watching her skating to this than to Chaplin! At least this highlights her strengths, her carriage, extensions... She looks stunning on the ice and very happy.

Really? She's only 21 years old, I think Titine routine suit her very well. It was fresh, vivid, lively, it matched her and Yuri's acting abilities, the concept of vivified black and white photography was great. Their routine was definietely one of my favourites. The arrangement was also really enjoyable, old-fashioned, but modernized, like Modern Times itself:) I have some doubts about My way - not because, it's cliche, just because it's very sad, sorrowful, difficult, altohough it's of course very beautiful song ;)

If they keep progressing they might beat V/T in next Olympics gold medal

Wait and see :) Well, if not Tanya and Max, I'd rather watch Vera and Andrei than Ksenya and Fedor on the Olympic podium. However, now they are on the average level looking really promissing. Now, their goal is to reach the level of top ten - by improving jumps, lifts and spins which also don't look very well (big differences in positions of both partners). And, what's more, there will be a lot of new pairs in two seasons - for instance Larionov and Zabijako, Castelli and Tran, Moscovitch and Iliushechkina, Savchenko and Massot, some junior pairs will become senior - e.g. Yu and Jin, Vigalova and Zakroev, Fedorova and Miroshkin, Tarasova and Morozov.

bsfan

On the Ice
This is a good looking pair. One can't move her/his eyes from them. He is very handsome :) Their age matches too so they are at the same level of maturity. Much better than Vera with her ex partner.