Will any Russian skaters be part of the All that Skate tour this season? | Golden Skate

Will any Russian skaters be part of the All that Skate tour this season?

gettinglow

Match Penalty
Will any Russian skaters be part of the All that Skate tour this season?

I'm wondering if any Russian skaters will be part of the ATS tour in Korea this year. While I think it's unfair to paint an entire country's skating community with a big fat scarlet letter, let's face it...Russia is not a country that inspires much in the way of fond feelings in Korea after the debacle that was Sochi. What would happen if Adelina showed up on the ATS roster?:laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It should only be the judges that wouldn't be welcome there. Seriously! Ask yourself what Yuna would do and I would imagine you could figure it out on your own. This thread is inviting more unnecassary hostility. How many more bash threads do we need here?

anyanka

Record Breaker
While I don't think Adelina would get a contract with ATS anytime soon, I think Russian skaters in general have skated well on her tour. V/T have gone more than once in the last few years, and she's invited Ilia Kulik, Alexei Yagudin, Totmianina / Marinin and Katya Gordeeva in the past. Judging from the YouTube clips they have been very well received. I think Yuna generally invites past champions and proven showstoppers who can contribute to the show as a whole and not as an excuse to pacify her ego. I wouldn't expect her as a businesswoman to hold anything against the country as a whole when they've always performed well on her tour and she's always been supportive of them.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Volosozhar and Trankov have been confirmed.
No word on anyone else, though.

And Adelina would probably get harassed on and off the ice. No clue on what may happen in the future with her and touring.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I'm wondering if any Russian skaters will be part of the ATS tour in Korea this year. While I think it's unfair to paint an entire country's skating community with a big fat scarlet letter, let's face it...Russia is not a country that inspires much in the way of fond feelings in Korea after the debacle that was Sochi. What would happen if Adelina showed up on the ATS roster?:laugh:

lol at the Yuna fans :laugh:
give it a rest already

your so called queen retired already
time move along :)

nguyenghita

On the Ice
give it a rest already

You are the one must stop first than anyone, anything else in the world :rolleye:

The entire cast were annouced already, the russian pairs 2014 OGM will take part in.

izradria

Rinkside
give it a rest already

And yet you're in practically every Yuna thread on this forum. Don't you have some delusional Gracie Gold related things to be spewing?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuna Kim(김연아)
Nationality : KOR

Shae-Lynn Bourne(세린 본)
Nationality : CAN

Soyoun Park(박소연)

Haejin Kim(김해진)

Kurt Browning(커트 브라우닝)

Stephane Lambiel(스테판 랑비엘)
Nationality : CHE

Javier Fernandez(하비에르 페르난데스)
Nationality : ESP

Jinseo Kim(김진서)

Aliona Savchenko&Robin Szolkowy(알리오나 사브첸코&로빈 졸코비)
Nationality : GER

Tatiana Volosozhar&Maxim Trankov(타티아나 볼로소자&막심 트란코프)
Nationality : RUS

Vladimir Besedin&Oleksiy Polishchuk(블라디미르 베세딘&올렉세이 폴리슈츄크)

Fiona Zaldua & Dmitry Sukhanov(피오나 잘두아&드미트리 수카노브프)
Nationality : GBR/RUS

jkun

Final Flight
Yuna Kim(김연아)

Shae-Lynn Bourne(세린 본)

Soyoun Park(박소연)

Haejin Kim(김해진)

Kurt Browning(커트 브라우닝)

Stephane Lambiel(스테판 랑비엘)
Nationality : CHE

Javier Fernandez(하비에르 페르난데스)
Nationality : ESP

Jinseo Kim(김진서)

Aliona Savchenko&Robin Szolkowy(알리오나 사브첸코&로빈 졸코비)
Nationality : GER

Tatiana Volosozhar&Maxim Trankov(타티아나 볼로소자&막심 트란코프)

Vladimir Besedin&Oleksiy Polishchuk(블라디미르 베세딘&올렉세이 폴리슈츄크)

Fiona Zaldua & Dmitry Sukhanov(피오나 잘두아&드미트리 수카노브프)
Nationality : GBR/RUS

Aliona is skating with Robin at the show even after announcing partner change?o-o

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
^ That's actually the cast for last year's shows. Anyway, I think she's still skating with Robin for the shows.

Alba

Record Breaker
Oh! Another thread about Korea vs Russia. :popcorn:

This forum was really lacking on this subject.:cool:

aschiutza

On the Ice

I would understand of someone from Israel didn't want to meet someone from Germany 60 years ago. I would understand when a black man woudn't want to go to the south of USA 50 years ago. Or some people in the communist Russia....

But that someone from Korea would not see any figure skater from Russia because of Sochi ....

Some people might need to gain some perspective about what is important in life.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
This:

It should only be the judges that wouldn't be welcome there. Seriously! Ask yourself what Yuna would do and I would imagine you could figure it out on your own. This thread is inviting more unnecassary hostility. How many more bash threads do we need here?

And this:

give it a rest already

Jewels

On the Ice
This list is probably right:
Yuna Kim
Shae-Lynn Bourne
Soyoun Park
Haejin Kim
Alexei Yagudin
Stephane Lambiel
Denis Ten
Han Yan
Jinseo Kim
Tatiana Volosozhar-Maxim Trankov
Aliona Savchenko-Robin Szolkowy

Which shows Yuna has nothing against Russian skaters, and neither should anyone. Anyway, looking forward to the show :)

cooper

Medalist
This list is probably right:
Yuna Kim
Shae-Lynn Bourne
Soyoun Park
Haejin Kim
Alexei Yagudin
Stephane Lambiel
Denis Ten
Han Yan
Jinseo Kim
Tatian Volosozhar-Maxim Trankov
Aliona Savchenko-Robin Szolkowy

Which shows Yuna has nothing against Russian skaters, and neither should anyone. Anyway, looking forward to the show :)

that's the correct list... and add rebecca kim/kirill minov to the list.. there are four russians in all that skate for the upcoming ice show in may..yagudin, trankov and volosozhar and technically kirill minov is also russian though he's representing korea now..

yuna never held any grudge with anyone.. i still remember during the whole orser fiasco.. yuna still invited many canadians in her show every year..

so this thread is ridiculous..

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
So excited to see what sort of exhibition Tatiana and Max can come up with for this show.

I think historically there has been somewhat of a rivalry between the "All That…" shows organized by Yuna's own management company, and the shows managed by IMG, which of course have been anchored by the "Star On Ice" franchise. Russian skaters do not seem to be predominantly managed by either agency (unlike for instance many of the North American or Japanese skaters) so I would think this allows them considerable flexibility from a management conflict standpoint. Hope to se an amazing cast for every show. Can only be good for the sport to have better product out there worldwide.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
yuna never held any grudge with anyone.. i still remember during the whole orser fiasco.. yuna still invited many canadians in her show every year..

so this thread is ridiculous..

In spite of the Yu-Na fiasco in Canada I don´t think it was surprising that she invited Canadian skaters to her show. Or is one supposed to dislike everyone in a country because of having a conflict with one person from that country?

But, still I don´t see any Russian baby skaters appearing in her show this year... Yagudin is a male skater and V/T a pair....