Prediction for your favorite skaters next season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Prediction for your favorite skaters next season

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I don't think there is talk of Dai's continuing. It's just extreme wishful thinking on the part of fans such as myself, who know that we'll not see the likes of him again for a long time.
Actually, there was a recent interview where he said he was still considering whether or not to retire. He said something like... he either retires now... or he keeps competing and aims to make it to the 2018 Olympics...!

He also said he feels he has now "passed the reins" (or is that "passed the burden" :-D) to the younger generation. So if he does compete, I guess he doesn't have ambitious plans to be winning everything - perhaps he can simply enjoy skating, and bask in the love from his fans all over the world.

Mind you... if he just "lets himself go" and enjoys himself, and doesn't feel any pressure... he'll probably skate his best, and could end up winning stuff anyway!

littlexflower

Rinkside
Hanyu: He will have David Wilson choreographed for his free program again, and I truly hope Jeff Buttle will take responsible of Hanyu's SP. He will struggle at the beginning of the season and have some adjustments near the end, then finally come first at both GPF and Worlds.
Don't know why but I have a funny feeling that Hana Ni Nare has a great posibility to become his Sp next season. Just need to add some big jumps and it would be perfect.

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
I think Hanyu future directly depends on Mao and Daisuke plans. The later will likely retire or take a break to recover from injury. Mao says half-half, she doesn't know yet. If she decides to quit, there will be vacuum on Japanese TV without her and Daisuke. In this case Hanyu will be required at home, not in Canada. Maybe JSF will send him back to Japan. It really now depends on Mao's decision mostly I think.

treeloving

Medalist
As long as Yuzuru stay healthy, doesn't have coach name Morozov and doesn't date Johnny Weir, I will be perfectly sastify!

littlexflower

Rinkside
I think Hanyu future directly depends on Mao and Daisuke plans. The later will likely retire or take a break to recover from injury. Mao says half-half, she doesn't know yet. If she decides to quit, there will be vacuum on Japanese TV without her and Daisuke. In this case Hanyu will be required at home, not in Canada. Maybe JSF will send him back to Japan. It really now depends on Mao's decision mostly I think.

Apparently the cost for Hanyu's training in Canada has been entirely covered by JSF so far. So I will not be suprised at all if he is sent back to Japan. It's however not a bad news, even a good one, considered how he seems always much much more comfortable being home and more importantly, Japanese coaches do really good jobs with his posture and line.

littlexflower

Rinkside
LOL you kill me. The two laters aren't likely to happen any soon so no worry. The first one is all Yuzu's fans hoping for. His health is the top priority.

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
Apparently the cost for Hanyu's training in Canada has been entirely covered by JSF so far. So I will not be suprised at all if he is sent back to Japan. It's however not a bad news, even a good one, considered how he seems always much much more comfortable being home and more importantly, Japanese coaches do really good jobs with his posture and line.
:agree: :yes:
LOL you kill me. The two laters aren't likely to happen any soon so no worry. The first one is all Yuzu's fans hoping for. His health is the top priority.
His grey-hair doctor was with him in Sochi and in Saitama. People say he is just family friend. Maybe he is and that he is a doctor is just a coincidence. I didn't read anywhere that Yuzuru had health issue recently.

desertskates

Medalist
I think the skaters we will not see competing again are Carolina, Daisuke and Adelina. Also, Charlie and Meryl.
One I think we will see again is Mao.
For the US ladies, I think Ashley's going to come out swinging. Both her and Gracie will end up in the GPF. And maybe Polina will pull of a surprise win at nationals. All will place high at worlds, though probably off the podium. Until Mirai has a coach in place I really can't make a prediction here.
Russian ladies will dominate this year. I think Yulia, Anna, and Elena R. will all have banner years. And be very stiff competition for each other. Not to even mention all the other talent in Russia.
I also think So-youn Park will really blossom this year, and is ready to step into Korea's skating spotlight.
Pairs and dance, who knows what will get there after everyone consciously uncouples and recouples. Should be interesting, though :popcorn:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Men:
- Hanyu will dominate, and in the style of Chan can afford mistakes and still win, however he will be pushed by Machida and Fernandez
- Kovtun might win a GP and will likely qualify for the GPF; if his consistency continues on the trajectory he's had so far (adding a quad mid-junior season, adding a quad salchow the following season with some success), then he should get a World medal, and certainly medal at Euros having had more experience
- Brown will be competing his quad but only execute it cleanly once in the season, but at a big event like Nationals or Worlds; also guessing he'll qualify for the GPF
- Nguyen will break into the top 10 at Worlds
- a quad loop/flip/lutz will be attempted by more men next season; other skaters other than Fernandez/Reynolds/Kovtun/Hanyu will be attempting two different quads

Women:
- Radionova will have a breakout season, and replicate what Lipnitskaia did in her 2nd GP season, medal at the GPF and Russian nationals
- Lipnitskaia will be the dominant skater next season; Worlds will be hers to lose
- Sotnikova will come back, and qualify for the GPF with solid GP results, but not win unless she lucks out with an easy field
- Osmond will break into the top 6 at Worlds with a hopefully injury-free season; 3F+3T will become a staple jump for her, might even attempt a FS with 7 triples
- Gold will have strong results, and one GP win but not both, qualify for the GPF and medal; Wagner will also have strong GP results but not medal at the GPF; Nationals will end up closer than expected but Gold will likely still win

Pairs
- V/T dominant, but S/K closing the gap
- MT/M will make improvements over the summer, and push D/R... both will win at least one GP
- S/H will start training quad throws again and perhaps two SBS triples

Ice Dance
- W/P will win their first GP event, and place 2nd at both Worlds and the GPF; I'm still not absolutely certain they will win either or both of them (especially since we haven't seen what the other teams have come up with, let alone which teams are competing for certain), although the momentum surely is in their favour
- C/L will continue and split wins with W/P
- C/B will make a surge next year; technically they were one of the best teams at Worlds and the USA will be promoting the hell out of them - I'm predicting a GPF or World medal
- B/S aren't my faves but I predict they'll bounce back after their horrendous FS this year and switch to something less abstract and more palatable; should win a GP

jimeonji

Final Flight
Hanyu: dominates with an extra quad in the free because of his newfound quad salchow consistency. subsequently struggles to land all 4 at his GPs, but still makes it to GPF and places a nice 2nd. wins 4CC and adds the gold to his collection. gets either gold of silver at Worlds.
Machida: does relatively well, but fails to replicate his Worlds results. continues to push Hanyu. if Hanyu makes enough mistakes he might actually win Nationals.
Fernandez: powers through the GP and wins GPF at home! gets on the podium at Worlds and wins Euros despite the crazy speculation that Kovtun will beat him.
Nguyen: goes senior with all the pressure of Canadian men's lacking Chan. breaks top 10 at Worlds and mAYBE JUST MAYBE gets a quad. (or we at least see him get one in practice)
Brown: gets a quad! makes GPF! wins Nationals! top 5 at Worlds!
Takahashi: uh, definitely retiring. but heals up enough to do some ice shows before the season begins.

Asada: skips GP but comes back to win Nationals and make the podium at Worlds.
Murakami: has another rough season :( but improves her jumps, thankfully
Park: medals at a GP! keeps her top 10 spot at Worlds
Lipnitskaia: dominates and golds/silvers at GPF, Euros and Worlds

this is fun.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
High Likely Predictions
Name to watch out for next season: Gracie Gold, Yuzuru Hanyu, V/T and S/H

Men*

1 Yuzu will dominate the entire Season
2 Kovtun will have pressure to replicate his GP in 2013 season and will have a Gachinski moment
3 Voronov will be the Top Russian skater
4 Joshua Farris makes a breakout Season and will be the one to beat in Nationals
5 Yan will trail Yuzuru

Ladies*
1 Gracie Gold will win all her GP events and wins the GPF, the frontrunner for National title and medals at Worlds
2 Elena Radionova will have Julia's 2013 Season moment
3 Julia will podium in all her events but some not Gold
4 Wagner will not win a GP and will lose to Polina Edmunds
5 Zijun comes back and medals at a GP
6 Tuk will continue to struggle with her weight problem and jumps
7 Anna Pogorilaya will be the new Kiira Korpi and the judges will love her

Pairs*
1 V/T will continue to do well
2 S/H will have a breakthrough year and will challenge
3 S/K will continue to trail V/T
4 K/S come back better than ever the new sentimental P/T for next quad
5 MT/M beats D/R in a GP or Worlds

Ice Dance*
1 C/L will not win a GP gold, will not win Worlds again
2 W/P will be overmarked despite making huge mistakes
3 B/S will come back strong and will medal at Worlds
4 S/K will win a medal in GP in their debut Season
5 Elena Ilinykh will sit out the 2014 Season without a partner
6 C/B will not be US No.1 and will not medal at Worlds

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Funny, no one sees Lipnitskaia going through puberty. It's going to happen and is likely to be sooner rather than later.....

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
its a prediction but doesn't mean fantasies can be included :laugh:

Well, I suppose you had your fair share of fantasies this year, saying Gold will win in Sochi, and saying she would win a World medal. :biggrin:

Pre-Sochi you said she'd get 150+ FS and PCS on par with Kim. :laugh:

Even after Mao skated her World FS, you STILL believed Gold would win (even though that required 145+ points, and she didn't even clear 125). :rofl:

Talk about fantasies. :rolleye:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Funny, no one sees Lipnitskaia going through puberty. It's going to happen and is likely to be sooner rather than later.....

I mentioned this in another thread but her body already changed alot from March 2012 to September 2013. It hasnt really changed at all since which indicates she is either done puberty or through most of it. It is also obvious by her bone structure she is never going to be big or busty girl. She will have a figure similar to the one she is compared most to- Cohen.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I mentioned this in another thread but her body already changed alot from March 2012 to September 2013. It hasnt really changed at all since which indicates she is either done puberty or through most of it. It is also obvious by her bone structure she is never going to be big or busty girl. She will have a figure similar to the one she is compared most to- Cohen.

I agree with this, her body watching her grand mother and mother she will stay small
Julia is on a strict diet so she will have Sasha Cohen lifestyle/body throughout her skating Career

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
read my predictions list,
those are more likely than your fanatasies :rofl: :rolleye:
about D/R and Osmond

I don't see how the current World bronze medalists winning at least one GP is so far-fetched (although you're predicting the current ice dance World Champions won't win a GP, and predicting the ladies' 5th place at Worlds will win both her GPs, so we all know where your head's at :laugh:). And as for Osmond, I said if she goes injury free and has the 3F+3T on point, she could crack the top 6 at Worlds, which is hardly far fetched either.

And as for your predictions list and fantasies:

- Gold winning all her GP events and the GPF over Lipnitskaia and the other Russians?
- Joshua Farris being "the one to beat" at Nationals, over Brown or Aaron?
- C/L not winning any GP event, even as the current World Champions?
- C/B not being the US #1 team, who then... the Shibs?
- also, some of your predictions are ridiculously obvious... S/K will continue to trail V/T, Han Yan will trail Yuzuru... well, duh!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I don't see how the current World bronze medalists winning at least one GP is so far-fetched (although you're predicting the current ice dance World Champions won't win a GP, and predicting the ladies' 5th place at Worlds will win both her GPs, so we all know where your head's at :laugh:). And as for Osmond, I said if she goes injury free and has the 3F+3T on point, she could crack the top 6 at Worlds, which is hardly far fetched either.

D/R wot be anywhere near the podium if S/K, S/H, P/Z even MT/M are clean
Osmond has 3FT-3T she cant even get a consistent 3-3 only a 3-2 and she will lose to Daleman anyways who has better jump arsenals
she will be facing Gracie, Julia, Elena etc just to name some, no to mention if Mao comes back there, Pogorilaya has 3LZ-3T and Zijun has 7 Triple FS
Osmond a Top 10 placer at best, the fantasies are a for bedtime jokes only