Prediction for your favorite skaters next season | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Prediction for your favorite skaters next season

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yeah, at least when Ashley lost Skate America last season, it was because Asada was there. I would bet the USFS is desperate to ensure Gold has a GP win, essentially guaranteeing her a spot in the GPF. She'll be pitted against skaters with low PCS, or inconsistency.

If they invite a Russian it'll probably be Tuktamysheva again. It would probably be a mistake for them to invite Radionova/Lipnitskaia/Sotnikova/Pogorilaya if they want to ensure Gracie wins, and hold off on Gold competing against them as long as possible. Funny enough, it could backfire if Liza somehow turns around her skating over the summer and Gold remains inconsistent.

I bet Skate America looks something like: Gold, Cesario, Keiser, Meite, Marchei, Tuktamysheva, Helgesson (Viktoria), Miyahara, Daleman, Weinzeirl.

sure :sarcasm:
like Canada will invite all the B lists to make sure Osmond wins again and make sure her joke 2012 Skate Canada win wasn't a fluke
they probably wont invite Daleman there, only Hicks, Imai, Helegsson sisters :bang:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think Gracie Gold and Ashley Taylor will have a huge rivalry. Mirai's comeback will fall flat and POlina E will be the third US lady. Johnny Weir will get into huge mudslinging with his estranged husband Voronov. There will be all sorts of scadalous allegations. Savchenko's new partnership will get off to a rocky if not improbable start. Julia L will have growth issues. LIza will get passed by Adelina, Elena R and maybe a resurgent Leonova or another young Russian lady or staved off by Julia. C and L will battle W and P and B and S while Russia's no. 2 and 3 teams will be a mess with the split of I and K and the no. 3 Russian team. Chan and Davis and WHite will not return. Abbott may go for one more season now that there are three US spots Fernandez will have a breakthrough consistent year; Hanyu will be Hanyu - may not really develop but still enough to be on top.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
like Canada will invite all the B lists to make sure Osmond wins again and make sure her joke 2012 Skate Canada win wasn't a fluke
they probably wont invite Daleman there, only Hicks, Imai, Helegsson sisters :bang:

As if Skate America isn't going to do the same to ensure Gold doesn't win. :laugh: You probably won't even get a Russian invited there, certainly not Lipnitskaia/Pogorilaya/Radionova, who would beat Gold given her inconsistency.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
As if Skate America isn't going to do the same to ensure Gold doesn't win. :laugh: You probably won't even get a Russian invited there, certainly not Lipnitskaia/Pogorilaya/Radionova, who would beat Gold given her inconsistency.

sorry No,
Gracie doesn't do 3-2 and fall in the FS twice and only score in 170+ range like Osmond ;)

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Just felt the need to put that up there, if you're going to try to bash me when it comes to predictions. :laugh:

Oooh, perhaps you might do better predicting next season and get TWO out of 6 correct instead of 1 out of 6!! :rock:

Well lets see:

1. Chan's luck did run out, his 5 fall margin evaporated in a huge way to the point he couldnt even beat a clean Hanyu anymore, let alone with a fall margin, and he didnt win in Sochi which most were calling him to cruise to (including you of course). I was easily more right than wrong on that one, and sure as hell more right than you who crowed the judging of the 2013 worlds showed he still had a huge mistake margin over the rest, that would continue into 2014 and more dominance for Chan, blah blah....:laugh:

2. Yes I was overoptimistic on Weaver & Poje, and thinking with my heart more than my head on that one, and ignoring the Russian home bias factor. I had an epic fail there (basically on pair with you and everything you predict/post for once, it was nice to share your daily dose of epic shame for a split moment, just so I can symphathize).

3. Volosozhar & Trankov did dominate. Losing 1 event all season, and winning the Olympics by an almost 20 points margin. Again I was more right than wrong.

4. Kim clearly did win her 2nd OGM easily on the ice. It is laughable to call me wrong on this based on perhaps the most corrupt judging fixed outcome in history but grasp your straws if you must.

5. Oh well, atleast I now recognize Wagner is a lost cause amongst the world very elite probably a year later than I should have, while you still havent gotten it.

6. Well you were talking up her chances to make the Olympic team right up until Nationals, so while it wasnt a genius call it was still better than you. :laugh:

Contrast that to my list of YOUR absurd predictions and I will take mine anyday thanks so post that all you want, I just laugh at it.

volk

Final Flight

This is supposed to be a positive thread where you can only talk about your favorite skaters.:disapp:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Let's see how consistent Radionova will be when she's not built like a 10 year old.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
More predictions:

- People actually learn how to spell and say FARRIS correctly. (Anyone would think he has one of the tongue-breaking Russian surnames with the number of mis-spellings and mis-pronunciations!)

- He stops being invisible to people making fan-cams, so we actually see him at things like SOI...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I predict Yulia avenges all the various spellings of her name by going by her middle name next year. Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya. Good luck rink announcers and GS faithful :)

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I predict Yulia avenges all the various spellings of her name by going by her middle name next year. Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya. Good luck rink announcers and GS faithful :)
Just to let you know, that is not really a middle name in Russia, it is like father's name. So we use either Julia Lipnitskaia or Julia Vyacheslavovna( this variant is, for example, how we name teachers at school.) But it is never used Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaia :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just to let you know, that is not really a middle name in Russia, it is like father's name. So we use either Julia Lipnitskaia or Julia Vyacheslavovna( this variant is, for example, how we name teachers at school.) But it is never used Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaia :)

Learn something new everyday here. I can think of a few reasons why that name won't fly. Thx for the info:cool:

Icey

Record Breaker
I don't really have a favorite skater at the moment, but I look forward to Machida's ascension.

YLFan

Match Penalty
I'll predict Russian girls sweep the podium at European and Worlds.

In somewhat of a shocker Proklova wins at least silver at Russian nationals.

Yulia wins 3 golds. Radionova and Pogorilya win 2 golds.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Ice Dance
- W/P will win their first GP event, and place 2nd at both Worlds and the GPF; I'm still not absolutely certain they will win either or both of them (especially since we haven't seen what the other teams have come up with, let alone which teams are competing for certain), although the momentum surely is in their favour

I'm also hoping that G&P can medal at their GP events and maybe qualify for the GPF. Based on this year's Worlds results, they have the opportunity to be Top 6 next year. They finished 8th overall and 7th in the FD, so with P&B retiring and the Russian teams going through partner changes, the opportunity is there.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
-Yuzuru will win almost anything. (unless Patrick comes back, but I don't think he'll come to any competitions this season)
-Denis will win the silver medal at the worlds, with another amazing FS (I would like Yuzu to win the world title at least three years from now on, but in the same time I really want a gold medal for Denis)
-A bronze medal for Nam in the GP events.
-Not a prediction, but I want Javi to have two perfect programs at the GPF in Spain.
-V/T world champions again + they'll beat their own FS score (not a big fan of their FS this season)
-S/K win again the silver at the worlds, maybe a gold medal at the europeans if V/T have major mistakes.
(Even though I like Anna, Elena, Gracie, C/L, I can't say I have any favorite skaters for ice dance and ladies, but my prediction and hope is that next season some skaters will win me as a fan:popcorn:)

pamela

Rinkside

I love trying to guess dad names hahaha. I guess its Vyacheslav Lipnitskiy, now that is name that would trouble a lot of tongues.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I mentioned this in another thread but her body already changed alot from March 2012 to September 2013. It hasnt really changed at all since which indicates she is either done puberty or through most of it. It is also obvious by her bone structure she is never going to be big or busty girl. She will have a figure similar to the one she is compared most to- Cohen.

Her body changed at that time because she had had an injury and was off the ice; she was also off her strict diet and gained weight as a result. Ilya Averbuch has said that Julia has to maintain a very strict diet to keep her weight down. He said he didn't know if Julia's skating would be able to handle the body changes that come with puberty. Part of the reason why she hasn't exhibited the usual body changes that go with puberty is because of that very, very strict diet she is on. Staying very, very thin plus lots of exercise can delay puberty, even for years. But eventually, Julia's body will change. She may not develop a large bust, but she will have hips and a changed center of gravity.