Prediction for your favorite skaters next season | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Prediction for your favorite skaters next season

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Right now Weaver & Poje's only competition for next season looks to be Capellini & Lanotte and Bobrova & Soloviev. If C&L do retire then they really will be in position to potentially dominate. Unless Chock & Bates show an unlikely improvement in just one season, or one of the new Russian formations works out better than any of us seem to be projecting them to.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Right now Weaver & Poje's only competition for next season looks to be Capellini & Lanotte and Bobrova & Soloviev. If C&L do retire then they really will be in position to potentially dominate. Unless Chock & Bates show an unlikely improvement in just one season, or one of the new Russian formations works out better than any of us seem to be projecting them to.

Yes, I think this analysis is sound. Unless V&M or D&W surprise us by coming back, then W&P only have C&L and B&S to worry about right now. It's possible one of the Russian formations could move up the standings quickly though. Judges also seem to like keeping more than one Russian team in contention.

In any event, there has been far more movement in dance post-Sochi than we expected. We assumed V&M and D&W would move on, but I don't think we expected so many new formations or retirements or as much movement in the Top 10 at Worlds. Who would have thought we would have 3 Canadian teams in the Top 10 and that they could have a shot at seeded status so soon?

jkun

Final Flight
I predict...
Gracie Gold: will win her first gp event. Will place 3rd or 4th at gpf. 3rd at worlds.
Yulia L: will place 1st at both gp events. Wins GPF. Survives puberty monster for the year. 1st at euros. 1st at worlds. (... maybe I should predict her to lose something... but without Adelina, I don't expect her to lose)
Polina Edmunds: wins a gp event. Places 3rd at GPF. 2nd at worlds. (basically, a dream year for Polina Edmunds, continuing her meteoric rise to the international stage). I hope she can continue her improvement!

Park So-youn: medals at a gp event. Top 6 at worlds. places 1st or 2nd at 4CC -- either beating or losing to Murakami.
Adelina Sotnikova: Gets enough grand prix points to make gpf, but does not medal. We barely see her again.

Mao takes a year off or Yuna's the season -- participating in only worlds, and whatever events she needs to get to worlds.
Hanyu wins all of his events.

I have lots of wishes.. haha

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
PREDICTIONZ

Skaters who I think are pulling a Yuna (can we agree that it's a new competition season word?)
Mao Asada - is it confirmed?
Daisuke Takahashi - although the R word for him is imminent, I think he still wants to compete
Carolina Kostner - same as Daisuke :think: she looks like she wants to compete though
Takahiko Kozuka - I have a feeling he might :think:

Most dominant:
Hanyu - 1st in most major competitions but might come second to Javi or Tatsuki in GPF
V/T - win everything
Julia - 1st in most major competitions but might be second to Adelina, Elena, or Anna in Euros and/or Russian Nats.
No one in ice dance...unless V/M or D/W comes back

Others:
Anna P. - gets her shining moment next season
Elena - gets a good season :) not as successful as Julia last year but nonetheless, a good one
Park - gets a medal at a GP event; medals in 4CC; part of top 10 in Worlds; adds a triple toe to her flip (my wish)
Kanako - may have a weird season like this year's but places better

Javi - WINS IN GPF (my wish :biggrin:)
Tatsuki - gets a good season! medals at every event

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I would like to see Kozuka make a strong comeback. IMO he is a far more talented and better overall skater than Machida when he is "on" but he hasnt been on in so long. Skated well at Japanese Nationals, but not great, and that is the first time he even skated well in quite awhile.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Inviting Julia to Skate America is profitable for organizers. Gracie vs Julia would be a great battle.

With Asada not doing the GP, Julia is the #1 seed and she will pick the two events she wants. USFS is not in the drivers seat on that one. Anyway, Julia skated against Gracie last year at Skate Canada. Julia won, Suzuki was 2nd and Gracie (pre-Carroll) was 3rd.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Or she [Julia Lipnitskaia] just might keep the heavy diet right through puberty. That is what Sasha did and her body barely changed at all.

Sasha didn't begin to compete internationally until she was 16; she wasn't successful in her first season on the GP, and didn't win her first GP medal until she was 17. She had her own struggles as a young skater, failing to medal at JW. She no doubt went through her own battle with the puberty bug, even small as she was. Sasha was flatchested, but she did have normal female hips (which Julia does not have as yet).

BTW, Sasha wasn't a particularly heavy dieter. She enjoyed food and loved to cook.

Also note that Julia is quite a bit taller than Sasha was at the same age. Sasha wasn't quite 5' tall in her early years (15-16), while Julia is already 5'2". So the comparison to Sasha doesn't quite fit.

Country
Russia
Inviting Julia to Skate America is profitable for organizers. Gracie vs Julia would be a great battle.
As for me, Gracie vs Elena Radionova may be even more interesting.

But ... Popularity of Julia makes her more profitable.

desertskates

Medalist
I know there's no official retirement announcement from Mao, does anyone want to hazard a guess on what she'll do about the Grand Prix? She'd be a good one to invite to SA.

flutzy13

On the Ice
I know there's no official retirement announcement from Mao, does anyone want to hazard a guess on what she'll so about the Grand Prix? She'd be a good one to invite to SA.

Even if she's not retiring, I doubt she'll do this year's GP. And I doubt USFS would want her at SA when they're trying to ensure Gracie a spot in the final. With Ashley and in the context of this past Olympic season, it was a bit different.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Julia Lip and Elena Rad will be the top ladies skaters next season. Others who will fight for the podium will be Gracie, Anna Pogo and Ashley.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
After US nats, I was convinced that a rivalry would develop between Julia and Polina Edmunds. Now not so sure, but still have very high hopes for Polina.

Florencito

Medalist
Men
Javier will keep gifting medals. I will hate at least one of his programs.
Jeremy will retire aftet Nationals.
Diasuke will retire.

Ladies
Yuna will be missed.
Akiko will be missed.
Elena Radionova will medal everywhere.
Valentina will win a GP bronze.
Liza will keep making me :bang:

Pairs
Berton/Hoterek will win silver at Euros.
Moore-Towers/Moscovitch (if he won't retire) will win Worlds.
Pang/Tong will be missed.
Savchenko/Szolkowy will be missed.

Ice Dance
Pechalat/Bourzat will be missed.
Hurtado/Diaz will be top5 at Euros and top10 at Worlds.
Papadakis/Cizeron won't move to Detroit. Their levels issues will stay. Gullaume will keep being favolous!
Hawayek/Baker won't split up and will be top3 at Nationals.
Cappellini/Lanotte will win Euros.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I believe that Max Aaron will regain his national championship & so will Gracie Gold. If Davis & White retire then Chock & Bates will be the new US dance champs. Pairs will see a champion change.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
can we stop making Osmond in any prediction list :rolleye:

well at least she'll have her fixed Skate Canada win

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
can we stop making Osmond in any prediction list :rolleye:

well at least she'll have her fixed Skate Canada win

No. But you can stop being a total jerk towards her and any other Canadians (oh, wait I forgot, you can't as that would require class and maturity). People are allowed to make predictions as much as they want. You seem to want to keep Zijun in the predictions list after placing 17th at Worlds.

Face it, whether you like it or not, Osmond has a GP win. :rock: And an Olympic silver medal. And an international win at Nebelhorn. Certainly more international wins than many other skaters in the field. ;)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Before this gets sidetracked too much I'll go ahead and make my prediction for my favorite skater which is the topic at hand.

Yulia will not match her season but it won't matter because no one else will either. The field is very level now with Mao gone. She will win some gold medals and the judges will remember her success from when competitors like Mao and Caro were still in the field. This will keep her PCS high and keyboards busy here at GS. If she struggles a bit early I can see her regaining that "machine like" focus and getting her FIRST WC gold! Probably no gold at GPF and Euros but most likely podium finishes.

We will see much more artistry from her and hopefully that new spin. She will of course be somber on her character to my delight and the dismay of many here:yay: Fortunately there are fans and judges who will embrace it!

TBC- I have no ill will toward Polina and was merely answering a question posed here as fairly as I thought possible.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
No. People are allowed to make predictions as much as they want. You seem to want to keep Zijun out of the predictions list after placing 17th at Worlds.

Face it, Osmond at least has a GP win. And an Olympic silver medal. And an international win at Nebelhorn. Certainly more international wins than other skaters in the field. ;)

an Olympic Silver she didn't earn just for herself, Nebelhorn is a B list event
and she placed outside Top at Worlds losing to a more lower ranked teammate

no, its depressing she gets mentioned in out of topic as some sort of miracle skater
yet her latest season results have been dismal

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
an Olympic Silver she didn't earn just for herself, Nebelhorn is a B list event
and she placed outside Top at Worlds losing to a more lower ranked teammate

Yeah, a B-list event where she beat the current Olympic champion. ;)

Uh, she beat her lower ranked teammate overall. Gold also lost to her "lower ranked teammate" Edmunds if you recall, but beat her overall. :rolleye: Not to mention, she bombed to lose a bronze medal that was hers to lose. Osmond was coming back from injury, by comparison. What was Gracie's excuse?