Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

alithia

Final Flight
Anyone can translate please? I saw the photos and they look great though! :biggrin:

Roughly, in the pic with both Ruslan and Kustarova "my beloved, family and the best'Thank you for everything.I love you', in the pic with Kustarova 'my second mom', the pic with Ruslan is in English anyway.
And the one with Kustarova and Ryabinina: 'My people.Thank you for everything you're doing for me.I love you very strongly(meaning very much)

Edited to add that fristolia on fso basically said that she doesn't know about technique but had the feeling Lena was doing the presentation but hopes that in a month everything will be ready and ok.
Which is predictable since right now the catching up has to do with technical stuff and when you fix that you get the rest. A new team can't be ready in September for both presentation and technique especially if they aim high.
From nowhere I got the feeling that either she or Vaitchekhovskaya said it wasn't good.
And I think the groups smiles said it all.Positive and down to earth.

Alba

Record Breaker
Roughly, in the pic with both Ruslan and Kustarova "my beloved, family and the best'Thank you for everything.I love you', in the pic with Kustarova 'my second mom', the pic with Ruslan is in English anyway.
And the one with Kustarova and Ryabinina: 'My people.Thank you for everything you're doing for me.I love you very strongly(meaning very much)

Edited to add that fristolia on fso basically said that she doesn't know about technique but had the feeling Lena was doing the presentation but hopes that in a month everything will be ready and ok.
Which is predictable since right now the catching up has to do with technical stuff and when you fix that you get the rest. A new team can't be ready in September for both presentation and technique especially if they aim high.
From nowhere I got the feeling that either she or Vaitchekhovskaya said it wasn't good.
And I think the groups smiles said it all.Positive and down to earth.

Thank you very much for the info. :)

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
In that video, Elena seems to be using a fan quite a lot. I remember for the original dance (which was the Argentine tango) in the 2007-2008 season that the ISU allowed props to be used in competition, an example being Nathalie's use of a fan as well.

Does anyone know if they are allowed to use props for the SD this season?

Alba

Record Breaker
In that video, Elena seems to be using a fan quite a lot. I remember for the original dance (which was the Argentine tango) in the 2007-2008 season that the ISU allowed props to be used in competition, an example being Nathalie's use of a fan as well.

Does anyone know if they are allowed to use props for the SD this season?

Yep, I noticed that too and I like it. :)
I think they must be. Doris might know more about it.

bramweld

Record Breaker
So they are using it in practice to creat atmosphere?

It would appear so. My oh my she would have sold it well. They should use their sd with the fan as their exhibition *wink* Nikita could not have chosen a better time to break up with Lena, this CD suits her and Ruslan to a T.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Whats the use of using fan when its not included in the routine anyway? She would have to adjust to a routine without it again. But i have a bad feeling that they are not aware that its not permitted or they got a clearance that they can use one. I assume if its not permitted one of the coaches would have pointed it already during the test skate.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Whats the use of using fan when its not included in the routine anyway? She would have to adjust to a routine without it again. But i have a bad feeling that they are not aware that its not permitted or they got a clearance that they can use one. I assume if its not permitted one of the coaches would have pointed it already during the test skate.
Of course the coaches know, they have the close test skate and open test skate! Someone would point it out right away. Maybe they get the clearance for it? Or maybe they just use it off ice.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Probably they are working on an exhibition version of their SD. The length of an SD is about right for an EX, and quite a few teams do a zipped up version of their competition SD that way. I expect that in competition, Elena will be moving her hand as though she were holding the fan. Practicing with a real fan makes it easier for judges to picture a fan there during the comp.

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
So now we have video footage to compare how Ruslan is able to present the style in comparison to Antonio. What a good performer Antonio is.

Alba

Record Breaker
So now we have video footage to compare how Ruslan is able to present the style in comparison to Antonio. What a good performer Antonio is.

Najarro is one of the most famous flamenco dancers in Spain. Did you really waited for a video footage to compare him with Ruslan, or any other figure skater in the world?