Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
LOL! I actually legitimately think that he's a cutie. :yes: I think he has a cute face and nice facial features - hair styles can easily be changed, facial structure - not so easily (and not always correctly or for the better).

But, that being said.....I suppose he's isn't some stereotypically "hot" guy. He is cute....and for some reason he just looks like he'd be a sweetie to me, lol.

cute is a vague term for puppy love like attraction
what Ruslan needs is better hiarstyle, more muscles and add maybe a few inches in height for him to look more mature

elif

Medalist
Charlie White doesn't have more muscles or height but he is olympic ice dance champion (Scott Moir too). :agree:

what Ruslan needs is better hiarstyle, more muscles and add maybe a few inches in height for him to look more mature

...There's different types of attractive and the last time that I watched ice dancing, it wasn't necessary for the male to have your listed standards. Charlie White and Scott Moir both have boyish good looks and aren't built like a male pairs skater; and they've been quite successful with their careers. And with your standards, Nikita K. isn't passing either. He and Ruslan are 5'11" vs. 5'10" (while Vik is 5'6" and Elena is 5'5"), so really they're height differences aren't major...Plus Scott and Tessa's height difference was way less; and they did quite fine.
I'll grant you, I think Ruslan could use a different hair cut, but aesthetics are easily changed...

OrdinaryDreamer

Rinkside
Looking mature isn't a necessary qualification for ice dancing, although in some cases, it does help. I'm of the opinion that Ruslan's younger appearance could be used well in various themes, especially since he seems to emote well. With so many romance themed programs, the coaches could definitely play off of his innocent appearance to add drama to a program. He has a gentle aura that reminds me a bit of Scott's younger days and behavior towards Tessa. The coaches could also play off of the tenderness Ruslan's shown towards Elena so far in their training together.

meteorlight8

Rinkside
It was a very long time ago. If you go back far enough on his VK wall, you can still see all the love yous Stepanovs wrote. Stepanova was only 13-14 at the time so it was probably more like your typical first boyfriend/girlfriend relationship than any I/K drama b

Whoa I knew they dated but didn't realize it went back that far. I think I knew this b/c of some pictures floating around of them on the great wall (for JGPF maybe, whichever one was in China - 2011?) - so they were still together at that point.

Anyway, really looking forward to I/Z. I remember HE was the one the commentators (Johnny Weir especially) cared/talked about in the S/Z pairing during the Olympics, so I'm optimistic he'll hold his own against Elena.

Anyway, really looking forward to I/Z. I remember HE was the one the commentators (Johnny Weir especially) cared/talked about in the S/Z pairing during the Olympics, so I'm optimistic he'll hold his own against Elena.

Yes! Sooooo agree! :) And you make an excellent point - I feel like Elena and Ruslan were both the one's in their previous pairing that were most talked about (in a positive manner) when it came to their skating and what they brought to the team. Hopefully, they're meshing well! :biggrin: I'm soooooo excited to get to see them skate!! (I feel like they have the potential to be a really good team!)

I honestly think they'll have a well-matched dynamic... I think he'll bring the light to her darkness. And I agree with OrdinaryDreamer! I think that there are multiple romantic storylines that they could portry very well; and he does really seem sweet to me - "gentle aura."

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
In those pics, I don't think his body language to Elena is any different than his body language towards Sinitsina with whom he was never involved in romantically (as far as I know). He seemed to have a brotherly affection towards Sinitsina, nothing more.

I am curious how Elena will fit into the dynamic of Kustarova's group. In all the training camp pics I've seen, the group likes to have fun and play jokes on each other. I somehow can't see Elena interacting with, say, Yanovskaya like that.

Alba

Record Breaker

What's the problem sky_fly, not enough comments on your beloved S&K thread? :popcorn: Don't worry, they are doing great.
Now, go and comment on Nikita's body in their thread. This is a fan fest topic for I&Z not hate fest.

bramweld

Record Breaker
What's the problem sky_fly, not enough comments on your beloved S&K thread? :popcorn: Don't worry, they are doing great.
Now, go and comment on Nikita's body in their thread. This is a fan fest topic for I&Z not hate fest.

This.:thumbsup: It must be in the genes this special gift you have :disapp: Can't you read this is a FAN FEST!

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Is this a best model of the world contest you holding here? They aren't body builders and their muscles can't compete on the ice.

surimi Valid point! I normally ignore, ignore, ignore ... I shouldn't have taken the bait.

On a more pleasant note - I am so excited to see lifts and such too!!! :biggrin: I'm really hoping that as the summer progresses that we'll get to see some pictures/videos of lifts and their training in general.

uhh

Medalist
Ruslan makes me laugh, I'm 90% sure those pictures were a tongue in cheek response to Nikita's posing last week! He looks good anyway & Lena posted work out pictures too, it's good to see they are staying on top of things even on vacation.

And something else that made me smile - he got rid of Victoria as the pictures on his twitter, now it's Elena :)

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
And something else that made me smile - he got rid of Victoria as the pictures on his twitter, now it's Elena :)

It's great that they look so happy and comfortable together. :clap:

Does Elena have a twitter account?

Alba

Record Breaker
It's great that they look so happy and comfortable together. :clap:

Does Elena have a twitter account?

I don't think she has one....

I'm very curious to see a video or something but it's still too early. I think we will have something by the end of May or early June.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I don't think she has one....

I'm very curious to see a video or something but it's still too early. I think we will have something by the end of May or early June.

Wootwoot! Whatever happens will be cheering for them. Hope it all works out. So nice to see them so happy.

PS. LET'S BE CALM AND STARVE THE TROLL :agree: