Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Elena's interview: http://rsport.ru/interview/20141130/791855416.html
I like the way this girl thinks, far beyond her years

Well there are some stupid articles as well, from the same stupid journalists that did all the SK PR that well now think M/K should have taken the place and that they were better than W/P.But they are the usual suspects, most of their articles are made up stories with inconsistencies.

She's adorable. I also love that she's speaks English incredibly well. So international! :love:

I can't wait to see their SP again in Barcelona! Elena was born to be Carmen!

elysium

On the Ice
Fabulous that they made to the GPF, although it might be a little bit too early, but more experience and exposure cannot hurt.

Alba

Record Breaker
I was concerned about rushing things and putting too much pressure on them. But I absolutely agree with this comment from a user in another site

The pressure is a concern but I think making GPF was really important for them, because as a new team they will be absolutely buried at Euros/Worlds as far as start orders and they'll get lower scores because of it. At least in GPF, with only 6 couples, they'll get marked against the other couples and hopefully that will give them a boost later. I don't expect a medal, but 4th is possible.

I think they always expected pressure, but it was going to be the pressure of trying to make the team at all and trying to beat S&K. With that monkey off their backs, they're now moving into the pressure of trying to be top 5 in the World, and I'd rather they try to compete with the best skaters rather than S&K.

You're going to GPF??? Have a ton of fun and take a lot of pictures!! :) :cheer:

Oh I wish. No I can't afford the trip to Barcellona now.
I meant that I'm (we) finally going to see Carmen danced in Spain because they are going. :dance:

Now that all your favorite will be in GPF!!! Do you want to have a try!???

Do not tease me. :cry: :bang:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I was concerned about rushing things and putting too much pressure on them. But I absolutely agree with this comment from a user in another site Oh I wish. No I can't afford the trip to Barcellona now. I meant that I'm (we) finally going to see Carmen danced in Spain because they are going. :dance: Do not tease me. :cry: :bang:

This is a great perspective. I don't think they are putting any pressure on themselves this year. They seem to be taking it one event at a time which is a great attitude to have. I think they are focused on solidifying themselves as a team first and all of this is icing on the cake. Even better now that the S/K monkey is off their backs.

Alba

Record Breaker
This is a great perspective. I don't think they are putting any pressure on themselves this year. They seem to be taking it one event at a time which is a great attitude to have. I think they are focused on solidifying themselves as a team first and all of this is icing on the cake. Even better now that the S/K monkey is off their backs.

Absolutely. I wasn't thinking about their ranking at Euros/Worlds but that is very important. We saw in China how they were underscored because of that.

@ALL: Vaytsekhovskaya’s interview with Kustarova
http://www.sport-express.ru/velena/reviews/51366/

Thanks to TAHbKA for the translation here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...-of-the-fall-no-one-believed-in-il-zhi.93965/

Interesting to read that Nathalie Pechalat helped Elena to contact Najarro. :)

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Elena does know how to choose choreographer. And Najarro love Elena's skating soo no wonder!!
Elena is really strong willed. She didn't just stay helpless when Nikita left. She immediately found a new partner, coach, choreographers!! I admire her for her maturity.

Alba

Record Breaker
Elena does know how to choose choreographer. And Najarro love Elena's skating soo no wonder!!
Elena is really strong willed. She didn't just stay helpless when Nikita left. She immediately found a new partner, coach, choreographers!! I admire her for her maturity.

Exactly. And to think all that mean gossip people were saying, that she will quit skating and will get married. :laugh:
Do you remember the fight we had this summer over that? ;)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Exactly. And to think all that mean gossip people were saying, that she will quit skating and will get married. :laugh:
Do you remember the fight we had this summer over that? ;)
Yeah, more than one hundred pages of opera soap written by GS memeber lol

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Absolutely. I wasn't thinking about their ranking at Euros/Worlds but that is very important. We saw in China how they were underscored because of that. @ALL: Vaytsekhovskaya’s interview with Kustarova http://www.sport-express.ru/velena/reviews/51366/ Thanks to TAHbKA for the translation here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?threads/vaytsekhovskaya%E2%80%99s-interview-with-kustarova-at-the-beginning-of-the-fall-no-one-believed-in-il-zhi.93965/ Interesting to read that Nathalie Pechalat helped Elena to contact Najarro. :)

I was worried in China because of what it scored as supposed to what it should have scored but 4th was a great outing for them even though I thought they deserved bronze. Hats off to Kustarova on how she handled this partnership. I feel her realness on what to expect has carried them this far. No unrealistic expectations to them or the press.

And Alba if I won the lottery tomorrow you would be my GPF buddy, I'd watch a dance event with you any day!

Alba

Record Breaker
I was happy to. I knew they have to sweat it in order to get on top.
It's just that their SD is a masterpiece and putting C&L in front of them, and having the same scores on SS was ridiculous to see.

And Alba if I won the lottery tomorrow you would be my GPF buddy, I'd watch a dance event with you any day!

Oh how nice. :love:
And since you are also the Keeper of the Kweens OGM, I would watch all events with you. ;):biggrin:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I was happy to. I knew they have to sweat it in order to get on top. It's just that their SD is a masterpiece and putting C&L in front of them, and having the same scores on SS was ridiculous to see. Oh how nice. :love: And since you are also the Keeper of the Kweens OGM, I would watch all events with you. ;):biggrin:

I am actually the keeper of 2 of them;) I am so excited to see the improvements I/Z have made. It will be interesting to see how they stack up at the GPF against the other dance pairs!

Alba

Record Breaker
I am actually the keeper of 2 of them;) I am so excited to see the improvements I/Z have made. It will be interesting to see how they stack up at the GPF against the other dance pairs!

Me too. I really hope they make a bella figura, as we say here :biggrin:, at their first GPF together.
I would love to see this gala program in Spain, with Najarro movements they had to leave out from their SD. :popcorn:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Me too. I really hope they make a bella figura, as we say here :biggrin:, at their first GPF together. I would love to see this gala program in Spain, with Najarro movements they had to leave out from their SD. :popcorn:

I actually looked at the ISU season standings and scores. Bronze or fourth is not so out of reach.

alithia

Final Flight
I want them to skate and enjoy it not thinking about placements. It's a great opportunity anyway, not many teams make the final in their first half year together:laugh2:

Summer was hell, but stay away from russian forums today, it's more hell.They rehash things from four years ago ,try to excuse a certain skater and so on.
I'm actually glad things have turned out this way