Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

kauh888

Rinkside
although this couple was not so great in technique (and this didn't change in time much), this program was nicely choreographed - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqmcJvQAQpw .
I actually quite like the concept of the choreography (James Bond is classic! I remember some good programs to James Bond medleys like Kim Yuna's SP back in 2009 or so). The costumes are pretty good too! If I&Z's pieces are anything like this, they can make it work I think.

Actually it would be interesting to see Elena and Ruslan do a James Bond SD, FD, or exhibition piece. I could definitely see Elena in the role especially!

Actually it would be interesting to see Elena and Ruslan do a James Bond SD, FD, or exhibition piece. I could definitely see Elena in the role especially!

...Maybe it would be okay....but don't kill me for saying this, I am so over James Bond. So many people have used it for exhibitions and SPs that I feel like it's getting right up there with Phantom of the Opera and the like. (Idk why I feel that way because I can hear Carmen and the Nutcracker on repeat and I don't care.....I guess it's a matter of style/musical preference.)

But now that we're talking programs, I really wonder what they will do. Like will they be cutely romantic? passionate? etc? - Like so many options!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I am so over James Bond. So many people have used it for exhibitions and SPs that I feel like it's getting right up there with Phantom of the Opera and the like.

Count me in. No more Bond please, not from this team, nor from anyone else this season. It's way too overused, especially Skyfall. I hope they do a passionate SD paso - Elena can pull off that fiery look alright - followed by a classical music FD, a waltz or something else that blends lightness and seriousness in good measure. No modern music or remakes for this couple at this time, please. They need to make a strong impression, and I don't feel they'd succeed at it if they used contemporary music.

kauh888

Rinkside
So many people have used it for exhibitions and SPs that I feel like it's getting right up there with Phantom of the Opera and the like.
That's really true though... James Bond has been quite overdone. I agree with surimi that they should do a passionate paso and then contrast that with a softer more romantic style dance so they can show their versatility.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Lena looks lovely! I think she does have a bit of make-up though, around the eyes. Either that or she hasn't been sleeping well lately. :unsure: Still, it's incredible she looks that good with that little make-up.

Rooting for both of them! I hope they make a big splash next season.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh yeah, I assume with women, little make-up around the eyes is equal to almost no make-up. Lol.
But overall she looks so wonderful and young here. People say when you spend time with your partner long enough, you will start to look like them or look good with them, I suppose this is the case. :) they both look like they have been partnes for longer than just one or two month.
I hope this is a good sign.

Alba

Record Breaker
She's never had someone come to her like Lena who has already created an image for herself, so I don't know if she will still try to control the look, or let Elena & Ruslan have their say. I read an interview with the costumer designer Elena worked with last season & she said Elena had a lot of ideas & helped with the design, so hopefully she can still do that in her new team.

I have no worries in that area at all. Elena does have her own ideas about costumes, hair styling and make up.
No way she is going to let anyone (not even God in person :slink:) to tell her what to wear. :laugh:

I wouldn't worry about the Zueva politiking thing - Averbukh has been saying plenty of positive things about I/Z in the Russian media. Sometimes it seems like after every choreography session he calls a newspaper just to say things are going well! And as others say, you don't want to raise expectations too high like Marina has with her fastest couple in the world spiel, because there is no way either team can live up to hype like that. It's better to exceed expectations than fail to meet them.

Averbukh is on their side, Tarasova is too, Alexeeva & Kustarova have a great reputation in Russia & a good relationship with the Federation & by being based in Moscow rather than in the US it's easier for the Fed to keep an eye on how they are doing & get feedback, rather than risk turning up to the August test skates with programs that people don't approve of.
And the last word on the PR & politiks - I really wonder how much longer Marina's dominance will be allowed to last. No one stays on top in ice dance forever - Dubova was the queen for a couple of cycles, then Linichuk in the 1990s, early 2000s was Zhulin, and now Marina has had the last 2 Olympic cycles, but the backlash will come, especially when she promotes a team as aggressively as she has S/K.

Fully agree. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I assume with women, little make-up around the eyes is equal to almost no make-up. Lol.

I confirm that. :laugh:
At least with me is no make-up when I put the mascara on my eyes, and even lipstick when it's not red. :biggrin:

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Monko and Khaliavin were really Olga Ryabina's kids. Ryabina moved around for better training conditions and finally merged her group with Kustarova's and Monko and Khaliavin followed her during the moves.

BTW, I looked at the IZ group on VK. Jeez, talk about a bunch of drama queens. No wonder Yanovskaya looked a little peeved in those pics when they showed up at a training session to give Elena gifts. I had assumed that Yanovskaya and Mozgov had been on some sort of gag order after worlds given the decrease in their instagram and twitter activities and lack of acknowledgement that Sinitsina was gone. But now I'm wondering if they just don't want to deal with the influx of psycho Ilinykh fans in their lives if they happen to show that they train with her. I mean, these fans are even stalking ilinykh's friend's instagram account.

uhh

Medalist
I think some of those girls know Elena quite well. They were the ones who first heard from Elena at Worlds that she didn't know Nikita was leaving her, they are in touch with her on vk & the gifts were her birthday present. When the teenies on the S/K account posted that Nikita was coming back to skate with Elena, it was one of her real life friends on the I/Z page who said it was nonsense. They don't let any old random fans - the real drama queens - turn up at the rink to talk to the skaters.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
If I were Elena or Ruslan, I'd just distance myself from these fan groups. Same with Sinitsina and the teenies on the SK group. It does not look good when fans of one skater are spamming the instagram of another, like the Elena fans are spamming Sinitsinas or posting old photos of past love affairs.

Just saw Elena tagged Yanovskaya in a photo. Anna better be prepared to field questions about why she is still friends with Sinitsina or whether she and Mozgov date.

Interesting. In the two months since the split, Elena doesn't post anything about her new sitch on instagram. All the pics seem to be from other people. But then SK come back and all these pics with Ruslan and today her instagram seems to be Anna Yanovskaya day.

bramweld

Record Breaker
If I were Elena or Ruslan, I'd just distance myself from these fan groups. Same with Sinitsina and the teenies on the SK group. It does not look good when fans of one skater are spamming the instagram of another, like the Elena fans are spamming Sinitsinas or posting old photos of past love affairs.

Just saw Elena tagged Yanovskaya in a photo. Anna better be prepared to field questions about why she is still friends with Sinitsina or whether she and Mozgov date.

I think we are making too much ado about this. Adelina has remained friends with both without any issues. Also Anna and Sergei have themselves declared they have no intention of dating each other. Very level headed duo. As for the attention everything will fall into place when people see the couples competing over time. Russia's ice dance team is so DEEP!

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I think we are making too much ado about this. Adelina has remained friends with both without any issues. Also Anna and Sergei have themselves declared they have no intention of dating each other. Very level headed duo. As for the attention everything will fall into place when people see the couples competing over time. Russia's ice dance team is so DEEP!

I know Anna and sergei don't date and Sergei has a bunch of photos with Davankova on his page as proof. But there are annoying teenage fans who see that the skaters happen to be together off the ice and ask if they are dating. And Sotnikova got harassed by one fan for writing nice things to Sinitsina.

uhh

Medalist
Interesting. In the two months since the split, Elena doesn't post anything about her new sitch on instagram. All the pics seem to be from other people. But then SK come back and all these pics with Ruslan and today her instagram seems to be Anna Yanovskaya day.

I don't get what your point is? She's posted a lot of pictures with Ruslan, Y/M were on holiday & not training with I/Z until recently, but now they've all gone to Riga for the summer camp so it makes sense that she's posting more pictures of Anna.

WTR the fans, they don't encourage the silly teenagers, and they aren't responsible for what they do. I don't she why she should distance herself from people she is actually friends with because of the actions of people she doesn't know or have any influence on.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I don't get what your point is? She's posted a lot of pictures with Ruslan, Y/M were on holiday & not training with I/Z until recently, but now they've all gone to Riga for the summer camp so it makes sense that she's posting more pictures of Anna.

WTR the fans, they don't encourage the silly teenagers, and they aren't responsible for what they do. I don't she why she should distance herself from people she is actually friends with because of the actions of people she doesn't know or have any influence on.

Almost all the pics of Ruslan before last week seemed to be from her friends, not her directly. And Yanovskaya and Mozgov were definitely not on vacation in April when she first joined the group (In the gym photo for example, Yanovskaya is in the background adjusting weights). Elena seems to be trying way too hard to show she has moved on.

As for the groups (both the SK and IZ) they aren't doing anything to discourage the personal attacks either. I just wish one of the four would just come out and say, enough with the attacks. Like a note on the groups saying "personal attacks on the former partners is not permitted.". It would be classy and make them look much better rather than sitting back and allowing this to happen.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Almost all the pics of Ruslan before last week seemed to be from her friends, not her directly. And Yanovskaya and Mozgov were definitely not on vacation in April when she first joined the group (In the gym photo for example, Yanovskaya is in the background adjusting weights). Elena seems to be trying way too hard to show she has moved on.

As for the groups (both the SK and IZ) they aren't doing anything to discourage the personal attacks either. I just wish one of the four would just come out and say, enough with the attacks. Like a note on the groups saying "personal attacks on the former partners is not permitted.". It would be classy and make them look much better rather than sitting back and allowing this to happen.

Well Lena spoke respectably about Nikita in her last interview and some raked her over the coals for it. They went to the ball and it is clearly seen from the videos that Nikita completely iced her out. On leaving the stage with Plushy she looked to be on the point of tears. At the ball to collect their rings Nikita was given every opportunity to give a classy statement in this regard, even Victoria and neither of them took it. If Lena comes forward again, it may be seen as her taking advantage again of the situation to suit her own ends.

I agree with you though that something should be said. What I imagine is that I/Z's group is giving S/K room and time to do this themselves as it would help THEIR PR IMMENSELY. However if this is not done closer to rentals I expect Lena to set these matters straight. She just appears to be the more savvy of the two. No offense intended.

uhh

Medalist

FFS, you sound like nothing they do will be good enough. Ruslan has hardly posted any pictures of Elena, do we have to criticise him as well? First of all it's not enough pictures, then it's too much, what do you want from them? This week it's pictures of Anna so of course she *must* be trying too hard to show she's happy in that group, does that mean the pictures of Gosviani last week were showing her secret desire to move to St. P? Of course not, she's just a girl posting the same kind of thing that millions of other girls do every day. I doubt the judges are sitting there counting up instagram posts, none of this stuff matters and you read too much into it.

None of the skaters own the groups, or are the admins of them, what do you expect them to do? They probably don't even read it. It's up to the actual admins to do something, so if you have a problem with what the members of the groups are doing, contact them & ask them to say something. it's not a matter for this fan thread.

Back to the program ideas you guys were posting last night, I have two things I'd love them to try. First of all, the Hello Dolly overture, which is fun & light & a little romantic but not too much, and in completely the opposite direction I would love any ice dance program to Danse Macabre.

Alba

Record Breaker
FFS, you sound like nothing they do will be good enough. Ruslan has hardly posted any pictures of Elena, do we have to criticise him as well? First of all it's not enough pictures, then it's too much, what do you want from them? This week it's pictures of Anna so of course she *must* be trying too hard to show she's happy in that group, does that mean the pictures of Gosviani last week were showing her secret desire to move to St. P? Of course not, she's just a girl posting the same kind of thing that millions of other girls do every day. I doubt the judges are sitting there counting up instagram posts, none of this stuff matters and you read too much into it.

None of the skaters own the groups, or are the admins of them, what do you expect them to do? They probably don't even read it. It's up to the actual admins to do something, so if you have a problem with what the members of the groups are doing, contact them & ask them to say something. it's not a matter for this fan thread.

This. :thumbsup:

Back to the program ideas you guys were posting last night, I have two things I'd love them to try. First of all, the Hello Dolly overture, which is fun & light & a little romantic but not too much, and in completely the opposite direction I would love any ice dance program to Danse Macabre.

I love both these ideas. I think it will suit them.