Shizuka Arakawa is pregnant! | Golden Skate

Shizuka Arakawa is pregnant!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
No official news in English, but there are a handful of articles (as well as a handwritten note in Japanese by Shizuka herself posted on her website) that have announced her pregnancy.

Congrats to her and her husband!

(For those who don't know, she was married late December of last year--no further details, I'm afraid.)

---

Can someone kindly translate? Thanks! :)

Article: http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/f-et-tp0-20140416-1286109.html

Note: http://www.shizuka-arakawa.com/special/images/message140416.jpg

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
:clap: Congrats to Shizuka! May she have a safe delivery and a loving environment around her at all time! Best of wishes!

BlackPack

Medalist
:clap::clap: Wonderful news. She's had a wonderful career and now she is entering a new chapter in her life. Congrats Techno Swan!

Rubirosa

Match Penalty
She is 3 months pregnant, feels great, won't skate in shows. Her name got removed from Stars on Ice and Prince Ice World cast.

Maybe Friends on Ice won't take place this coming August as well (my guess).

cinnamon

On the Ice
No official news in English, but there are a handful of articles (as well as a handwritten note in Japanese by Shizuka herself posted on her website) that have announced her pregnancy.

Congrats to her and her husband!

(For those who don't know, she was married late December of last year--no further details, I'm afraid.)

---

Can someone kindly translate? Thanks! :)

Article: http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/f-et-tp0-20140416-1286109.html

Note: http://www.shizuka-arakawa.com/special/images/message140416.jpg

The article says:
Shizuka Arakawa (32) of '06 Torino Olympic gold medalist in figure skating announced in her own official website (HP) on 16th, that she was in the third month pregnancy .
She uploaded her handwriting document saying "I've got a new life in my tammy. I'm in the third month pregnancy, but I don’t have bad morning sickness. I spend every day feeling the joy and happiness that I am carrying a small life." She announced that she would postpone the ice show appearance from now on.
Arakawa announced her marriage on the same HP on her 32nd birthday, December 29 last year. Her partner was not disclosed including his age. According to the people involved, he is a doctor. They met through their friends, and got married after two years. At that time she wasn't pregnant, nor didn't have a fixed date for the wedding ceremony.

In her handwriting note she explains how she felt in the practice of her last ice show, was wondering what to do. And eventually decided to postpone to appear in future shows.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ooooooooooooh, congratulations, Shizuka!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Yippy kayay mother skater!!! Congratulations. 😃

Wonderful news! Congratulations to Shizuka, one of my favorite skaters ever, and to her husband. May this child be healthy and happy from the first day onward. Blessings!

Wonderful news! Congratulations to Shizuka, one of my favorite skaters ever, and to her husband. May this child be healthy and happy from the first day onward. Blessings!

ETA: I remember that after the earthquake, Shizuka loaded up her car with supplies and just drove into the zone to pitch in and help. Can you imagine the wonderful parent she will make?

desertskates

Medalist
Congrats to Shizuka and her husband. I have always loved her skating and the way she comes off as such a genuine and sweet person. She'll be an excellent mom <3

lbc2138

On the Ice
Sweet news! I hope everything goes smoothly and she has a safe birth. Thanks for updating the fans!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Shizuka and her husband! I did some math and calculated that she must have been already with child when she covered the Olympics at Sochi. Noticed a "bloom" to her then. :)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I always loved Shizuka's elegant skating. Congratulations to her and her husband!