New Exhibition - Cohen - My Fair Lady | Golden Skate

New Exhibition - Cohen - My Fair Lady

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'm not too sure where to post this, but on her official site she gives out some info about her new EX program that she'll skate at COI:

www.sashacohen.com

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The two Skatefans who saw the COI rehearsal in Binghamton commented on Sasha's new program. They liked it. Here's what one of the Skatefans, Sharon Dunscombe, had to say:

http://www.frogsonice.com/gateway/skatefans/msg40726.html

You have to find the Sasha comment and then scroll on and on out to the right. To save you that, I'll quote the pertinent section here

Sasha My Fair Lady

Opens using the Covent Garden music with her in overcoat, hat and a basket of flowers. She freezes in a couple of poses a la Eliza. Pretty spread eagle with basket. The coat comes off and she has a skating version of the Embassy Ball costume complete with diamond choker and crown. I Could Have Danced All Night. Crowd applauds. 2 axel. 3 toe. 3 flip. Spread eagle. Then the music changes over to an instrumental version probably from the overture. Circular footwork, Ena bauer, two splits with superior extension, spin combo. ...I have to say this was beautifully done. .... Perhaps Coach Wagoner is trying to show us the softer side of Sasha.

Last edited:

sarahmistral

On the Ice
What a charmer!

I just saw this in NJ COI show, and it was beautifully done:love:; very pretty, pleasant exhibition program with adequate jump content that made great use of minimal props (basket, overcoat)--I'm SOOOOO happy to see Sasha taking part in creating something SHE enjoys, that she's always wanted to do, one of her "all-time favorite songs" and actresses (Audrey Hepburn)...I look forward to seeing a stronger and stronger "Sasha" imprint on her future programs, through a more active role in creating them, drawing upon her tastes in music and fashion.

Sasha

Vash01

Medalist
Nice to hear she has a new program and that it was good. I was getting tired of the Romeo & Juliet exhibition, beautiful though it was.

Vash

imanta

Rinkside
sarahmistral---it sounds like you liked sasha's program! So how was the choreography? Was it interesting, intricate etc?

Ximena

Final Flight
Yahoo Album

I found that link at MKF forum, you can see Sasha dress there, she use the first one until the first minute and then changes it to the sparkly white one

IDLERACER

Medalist
[COLOR=C000FF]When I was a kid, I vaguely remember the rink I used to skate at frequently playing an instrumental version of "With A Little Bit Of Luck." Usually during the Couples Only segment.[/COLOR]

Fossi

Final Flight
Did Sasha choreograph this herself? I really want to see it. I'm glad she isn't using Romeo and Juliet again. I liked it, but 3 years was too long. Great program though. I can't wait to see something she choreographed herself.
I don't see the resemblance with her and Audrey though. Jennifer Love Hewitt looks much like her. I think Sasha looks like the talented Norah Jones.

glow_girl85

Rinkside
Fossi said:
Did Sasha choreograph this herself? I really want to see it. I'm glad she isn't using Romeo and Juliet again. I liked it, but 3 years was too long. Great program though. I can't wait to see something she choreographed herself.
I don't see the resemblance with her and Audrey though. Jennifer Love Hewitt looks much like her. I think Sasha looks like the talented Norah Jones.
yeah, i remember when JLH played her in that TV movie a few years ago, she was very good!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
All the pictures look wonderful.........here's hoping they add a few more venues to their schedule and get closer to where I live......42

John King

Final Flight
My Fair Lady

I often felt that Sasha possessed the beauty and grace of Audrey Hepburn,so this program should fit her like a glove.

Now,if only Scott Hamilton would portray Minime from the Austen Powers movie.:laugh:

I'm sure Fair Lady will work well for Sasha. It's a must see, but is she trying to follow in Oksana's footsteps - oops, I mean stroke steps.:)

Joe

Registered, I can't believe how cute Sasha looks in the raincoat and flower basket!

Ximena, thanks for the links to the Album. One question. In the last picture (Michelle's closing bow), it that the purple outfit that she debuted Tosca in? I wondered why she didn't use that instead of the orange one for either the Worlds qualifying round or the long program.

Mathman

PS. Glow_Girl, if the link doesn't work, just try again a little later. Yahoo only gives a small amount of space and bandwidth to these personal sites, so sometimes with just a little activity the site is overwhelmed.

Last edited:

jesslily

Final Flight
The pictures for Sasha's COI program look great. I assume the program choreography is great. This probably make the people who felt disappointed for the "Swan Lake #2" feel a lot better. At least I do already.

IDLERACER

Medalist
[COLOR=4000FF]Har Har Har! Take away that flower basket and replace it with a black umbrella, and you can easily visualize her skating to "It's A Jolly Holiday With Mary" in that getup.[/COLOR] :D