Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 145 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Just Pics, videos, translations yah. And to discuss of a link, just reffer to the message, for example "A new article is on air about Yuzuru (watch on the media topic) and it is very interesting .............".

The new topic is created for more clearness for the main topic .

OK. Thanks :)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Videos by Ana @WhateverHime

Yuzuru Hanyu, Hall of Fame (New Version): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Tjbu3wg14

Yuzuru's Olympic Journey: http://www.trilulilu.ro/yuzuru-s-journey

Reaction of NBC, CBC, BBC, France 2, Sky Sport (Italy) to Yuzuru's WR SP @ 2014 Sochi Olympics: http://www.tumblr.com/video_file/83541992290/tumblr_n4g6pvqzzO1s29fq9

Yuzuru Hanyu, Best Comments British Eurosport, CBC, Eurosport Spain, Teledeporte and RAI (Worlds LP 2014) (with translations of the Spanish and Italian commentaries): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMLQB4YuMk8

Yuzuru's Olympic SP with "favorite comments from BBC, NBC, CBC, France 2, Teledeporte and Sky Sport. Translations included":
http://www.trilulilu.ro/yuzuru-hanyu-best-comments-olympic-sp

Yuzuru's 2012 Worlds LP (best comments): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mwoR7YSkSM&app=desktop

Reactions of NBC, British Eurosport, CBC, RAI Sport, Deux TV, Teledeporte and France 2 to Yuzuru's Fall (2012 Worlds LP): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efu0E0Y-H6U

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Starting to worry about next season preparation

From http://hanyuyuzurufeed.tumblr.com/

SCHEDULE BOARD
April 16~18 Stars on Ice - Nagoya
April 19~20 Stars on Ice - Osaka
April 26 Gold Medalist Celebration Parade (Sendai)
May 10~11 Prince Ice World
June 6~7 Fantasy on Ice Makuhari
June 21~22 Figure Skating in Beppu
June 27~29 Dreams on Ice
July 5~6 Fantasy on Ice Toyama
July 12~13 Fantasy on Ice Niigata
July 18~21 Prince Ice World: Tokyo

Pamigena

Record Breaker
ok then, so much for the discussion about him using the ice shows as practice :unsure: seems to be the only practice he can get these days

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
How the hell this kid manage to prepare both short and long program for next season with this schedule? :unsure: is there any news when will he come back to Canada?

He could go after the parade spend 2 weeks come back for PIW, go back to Canada, spend another 2 weeks, come back for FoIM, go back to Canada. And so on..

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
He could go after the parade spend 2 weeks come back for PIW, go back to Canada, spend another 2 weeks, come back for FoIM, go back to Canada. And so on..

OK that's borderline cray in terms of being busy. I'm not going to be surprised if I hear any news about him being overly fatigued or injured. :scowl:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
OK that's borderline cray in terms of being busy. I'm not going to be surprised if I hear any news about him being overly fatigued or injured. :scowl:

:disapp: Don´t shoot the messanger.

I hope Borser do something to rein over Yuzuru feeling of having to give back by doing shows.

Edit. Speaking of, wonder if Borser have a said in the shows he does?

Meoima

Match Penalty
If he attends Skate Canada, then at least he has Aug, Sep and Oct to prepare for practice.:scratch: I hope he goes back to Canada in May, though. New rules will be release in June so I think all the preparation for choreography will be after that, I suppose.

littlexflower

Rinkside
Post-Competition Press Conference at Sochi

Chinese translations: @ICHIKO1029
English translation: @311mi

Yuzuru Hanyu: My patience was unstable, and up till now, I still have no idea what happened to my self confidence. Actually, I am not too sure of my feelings towards winning the Olympic gold medal either. I think that I have worked hard, but I still can’t sleep at night. That feeling of powerlessness is too strong, and feels as if because of my nervousness, I am unable to accomplish anything. Half of me is happy about my victory, and the other is regretful about my mistakes.

Other Questions: I didn’t think that I would be this nervous for the Olympics. Although I am very happy but my Olympic win, I an disappointed in my own performance. Even after hearing Patrick Chan’s score, I didn’t feel happy one bit, and had actually only felt surprised. Although I am still immersed in the regret of not being able to perform my best, and that I am still trying to find out how to put my very best in a performance, it has been a great experience

Klarnet

On the Ice
I think they know what they're doing, seems like fans are the only ones worrying. and all the skaters are under the same conditions - all doing shows now. Anyways I think Borser and co already have a plan and/or draft of new programs

Esopian

Final Flight
I think they know what they're doing, seems like fans are the only ones worrying. and all the skaters are under the same conditions - all doing shows now. Anyways I think Borser and co already have a plan and/or draft of new programs

Yeah, that does sort of make sense, but won't he be overly tired from ongoing ice shows? His schedule seems pretty packed considering the fact that he's planning to compete next season. But then again, like you wrote -they probably have this all planned. Maybe it's to keep the momentum of skating in front of an audience ... who knows. :confused:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yeah, that does sort of make sense, but won't he be overly tired from ongoing ice shows? His schedule seems pretty packed considering the fact that he's planning to compete next season. But then again, like you wrote -they probably have this all planned. Maybe it's to keep the momentum of skating in front of an audience ... who knows. :confused:
What about his last summer's schedule? Anyone checked it already? Just compare this summer and his last summer schedule, and we will know.

sinta

Spectator
^ didn't he spend last off-season recovering from an injury, or something? if i recall correctly, i mean, so he didn't really participate in shows much (if at all)

echotpe

On the Ice
【news】Javier talked about Yuzu after Worlds Championship interview

As a sponsor of ISU four Championships, Canon (Japan cameras giant) interviewed Javier Fernandez after Worlds on early April. Not surprisingly, he was asked some questions about his training mate - Yuzu.

Full article in Japanese: http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/interview/int_fernandez02_1.html

Summary translation as following:

Q: Congratulation to your bronze medal. Did you feel regrettable the result while you were second in SP?
J: Indeed, I was somewhat careless in LP. Machida performed great in both program. Yuzu is a super star with potential, as we have known. Although he was third in SP, I could not guess the finale result.

Actually, I aimed to get another color of medal (besides bronze). But with such strong competitors on same rink, I was satisfied with the results.

Q: The order of appearance made Javier unease?
J: It was quite unease in order of appearance this time. I didn’t watch the performance of Machida on the field. But I knew his status was great. And then, I saw Yuzu got very high scores in LP.

While competing in Japan, I experienced very nervous after Yuzu. The audience excitedly cheered for him. I needed to go on ice with many flowers and gifts on the rink. I almost kicked one child this time

But suddenly, the audience was quiet to let me focus and applauded while announcing my name. When I finished the LP, 18,000 audiences stood to applaud for me. Wow, I felt flattered. I do love Japanese audience!

(Yuzu gave a quiet pose to audience at that time for Javier, while he waited the scores announcement. See video “Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) -FP-WC2014” at 08:24) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIbFk1IE8rQ

Q: How to jump a quad easily like you?
J: It might need some talent. (joke:p) There are two Quad jump factions. The Russian one relies on spins, and the North American one focuses on speed. For myself, I use normal speed to lead the jump. If the speed is over, it won’t be successful of a quad.

On the other hand, muscle portion is various by individual. For example, Yuzu looks slim, but he has all muscles needed. The way he jumps don’t need the large muscles, and it is same to me.

Q: As an athlete, sometimes your ambitions is seemed not enough?
J: Well, I know the necessity of ambition in competing career. However, I am glad to see supporters (fans) cheered for my well performance. The sharing cheer with them is more important than the winning itself.

Once a day, when nobody comes to watch my performance and cheer for me, I will definitely retire. The audience’s applauds and flowers are part of a competition, which let me feel the existence. It is more important than the scores themselves and make me happier.

Q: Any words to Brain Orser coach?
J: I would thank him for never giving me up all the time. He is so patient and nice to mentor my motivation and believe that I can achieve to goals one day. As an athlete, sportsman and person, Orser coach is a father of my Toroto days; I respect him in all ways.

Q: And how about Yuzu?
J: His talent, hardworking and passion to skating are such outstanding, which encourage me. And his team also works hard in any ways. Yuzu always focuses on ice training, as it is reasonable to do so.

He does not change a bit even he got the Olympics gold medal. He didn’t become lazy, take excuses or become complacent. It’s a way I think a world champion should be.

When he came back to Toroto after Sochi Olympics, he gave me to wear his heavy medal. And then, I make my mind to aim the gold medal in PyeongChang Olympics 2018.