2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 74 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

ice coverage

Record Breaker
OT but all of your updates on skaters are just amaging, golden! You should open up something like 'golden 411's Wikipedia on Figure skating World' on the web and charge people! then you will be a millionaire soon! :biggrin:

Awwww, thanks, deedee. :bow: You always are so sweet. :love:
I need you as my agent, please. :yes: ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
A new interview with Ralph & Hill speaks about their program & choreo choices for this season.
http://www.twofortheice.com/2013/09/25/a-fresh-look-for-ralph-and-hill/

The couple’s new short dance, a foxtrot and quickstep to Ella Fitzgerald’s renditions of “They Can’t Take That Away from Me” and “The Lady is a Tramp,” is a callback to an earlier program – their 2008-09 original dance.

Their Brazilian & Latin FD was choreographed by Julie Marcotte

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
ISU bio updates from Nebelhorn competition

Artur Dmitriev RUS
SP Sarabande by Georg Friedrich Händel arranged by Alex Goldstein
LP D'Artagnan by Maxime Rodriguez

Zoltan Keleman ROU
SP Rich Man's Frug from "Sweet Charity" (musical soundtrack)
LP Breathe by Audio Machine; Life by Audio Machine

Ronald Lam HKG
SP Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin
LP Charlie Chaplin

Yakov Godorozha UKR
SP Factor by Angelo Badalmento
LP Pictures at an Exhibition by Modest Mussorgski

Kim Lucine MON
SP Mario Brothers by Koji Kondo
LP Jungle Book by Charles Koechlin

Stanislav Samohin ISR
SP Summertime by George Gershwin
LP Once Upon A Time In America (soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone

Maciej Cieplucha POL
SP Barber of Seville by Gioachino Rossini
LP Ragtime (soundtrack)

Valtter Virtanen FIN
SP Bei mir bist du schoen performed by Hugo Strasser
LP Alexander (soundtrack) by Vangelis

Bela Papp FIN
SP Hotel California
LP Thunder by Nuttin' But Stringz; Tango

Pavel Ignatenko BLR
SP Ragtime Vabank by Henryk Kuzniak & Vabank Dixieland Band
LP The Man in the Iron Mask (soundtrack) by Nick Glennie-Smith

Saulius Ambrulevicius LTU
SP Tears of the Sun (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer
LP Sherlock Holmes (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

Ali Demirboga TUR
SP Freedom (from "Celtic Tiger") by Michael Flatley
LP Comptine d'un autre ete (from "Amelie" soundtrack) by Yann Tiersen

Marton Marko HUN
SP The Hunger Games (soundtrack)
LP Transformers (soundtrack)

Fabriczio Carrillo MEX
SP Rise by Safri Duo
LP Gladiator (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

Conor Stakelum IRL
SP Sonata No. 8 (Sonata Pathetique) by Ludwig van Beethoven
LP Oz the Great and the Powerful (soundtrack) by Danny Elfman

Binthere

On the Ice
A new interview with Ralph & Hill speaks about their program & choreo choices for this season.
http://www.twofortheice.com/2013/09/25/a-fresh-look-for-ralph-and-hill/

The couple’s new short dance, a foxtrot and quickstep to Ella Fitzgerald’s renditions of “They Can’t Take That Away from Me” and “The Lady is a Tramp,” is a callback to an earlier program – their 2008-09 original dance.

Their Brazilian & Latin FD was choreographed by Julie Marcotte

I always enjoy their style and personalities. Brazilian/Latin themes seem to be their favorites.

Finnstep

Final Flight
From Wagner's blog post(mostly about her costume for LP):

I firmly believe that a costume can make or break a program. It’s the first impression that you give an audience, your first chance to set the mood. You step onto the ice, people see what they see and you have to prove the rest. I absolutely love the design process, and have had so much fun getting ready to play Juliet. With this costume, I decided that I really wanted to find a happy-medium between something that looked enough like the Renaissance time period, without looking too heavy. Juliet is really just a girl, so I felt that the costume needed to be more simple and beautiful than anything else.

My gut instinct at first was to go for a deep, deep burgundy/wine color. Working with Jan Longmire, she helped convince me that a brighter color would be a fresher idea. Ironically enough, we drew a lot of inspiration from the 1968 Romeo and Juliet. Juliet wears very rich vibrant colors, very saturated reds, and from then on we started dyeing different pieces of mesh and experimenting.

You can read the entire post here.

Cherryy

On the Ice
Another video of Mao, talking about what changed and hasn't changed since Vancouver.

Watch her 3axel, 3flip/3loop and 3lutz. She wants to nail 8 triples in Sochi!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GywQa2WKoEE#t=07m20s

Her jumps look much smoother with less "bent' in the setups.

Terrific! Looks like the 3A was rotated as well as the 3Lz. Hard to tell with the 3F-3L. Could some expert tell me, whether she changed the edge in the lutz or not? It looked like an outside edge to me, but I'm not sure.
Knowing what state she was in in the October 2009 I can't wait to see how she'll perform in Sochi.
If anyone could tell us, whether there's any important information about her programs, strategies for this season or anything else I would be delighted and grateful! :)

Moment

Final Flight
How does anyone know if that 3Axel is rotated? The subtitle hides the landing foot.

3flip looks very borderline and 3Lo is clearly URed by almost 1/2.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Laurence Fournier Beaudry & Nikolaj Sorensen DEN
SD All of Me
FD In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel

(from Quebec Summer competition)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Thanks, I can see it getting credit. Good job Mao.

Nope, to me, from the slo-mo, that 3A turned more than 90 degree on ice. just watch closely on her landing. it is easy to detect. She is a master of that kinda landing. According to Adelina Sotnikova's coach, nearly all Mao's landings are doubtful, judging by her tracing on ice, She watched her 13Worlds practice up close. And that lutz changed from a outside edge to inside edge as usual.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This is not the thread for discussing the flaws in any skater's skating-or for that matter, the excellence of any skater's skating. Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss this at length?

BlackPack

Medalist
Volosozhar & Trankov's new LP at NHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkTjI6G2yEE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUpmadplEROgHA_9m0Cse1Gg

After last season's Ikuko Kawai sublime program, they chose Jesus Christ Superstar. Great pair, but what were they thinking about when they choose Jesus Christ Superstar?!?! A clean performance and the most muted applause from the audience. I hope they understand that this program won't work for anyone, skaters who used JC Superstar never had the results they looked for.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Volosozhar & Trankov's new LP at NHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkTjI6G2yEE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUpmadplEROgHA_9m0Cse1Gg

After last season's Ikuko Kawai sublime program, they chose Jesus Christ Superstar. Great pair, but what were they thinking about when they choose Jesus Christ Superstar?!?! A clean performance and the most muted applause from the audience. I hope they understand that this program won't work for anyone, skaters who used JC Superstar never had the results they looked for.

Well judges gave them a WR for that performance....so even if it isn't working, per se. IT's working as far as the scores goes.

LRK

Record Breaker
I must say that while I did love their SP - I thought it was delighful - the FP just left me feeling:confused::confused: - and not to mention - :confused:

BlackPack

Medalist
Well judges gave them a WR for that performance....so even if it isn't working, per se. IT's working as far as the scores goes.

But this is the Olympics. Do they simply want to be remembered as the competent technical pair like M&M? Think most people would agree 1994 as the barometer of the height of pairs skating with B&S and S&Z as bright lights in subsequent years.

bramweld

Record Breaker
In spite of their technical issues the last great pair for me was B/S. They were just so beautiful. V/T just do not compare on any level. They either don't have the talent and or the work ethic:no: How could they feel comfortable with just recycling the choreography they've had for the last two or three years. Lazy!! IMHO. No matter how the judges will score your work, what about your own sense of pride? For that reason alone, I hope S/S win in Sochi, if only by some miracle:popcorn: