2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

silverlake22

Record Breaker
More overused music for Evan, huzzah. As for his comeback, I'll believe it when I see it. Groin injuries can be nasty and tend to linger for awhile. If he plans to come back, I hope he has a quad (or 2) ready. I would be gutted to see the Olympic team be a quadless Lysacek and quadless Abbott if other skaters actually land quads and skate well due to dumb holding up via PCS for two skaters who are past their prime. I actually enjoy both skaters but they don't deserve to make the team without trying quads on the basis of artistry alone, not unless everyone else zambonies the ice, and even then, if it's because they are trying quads....argh.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Well, it actually looks like that Abbott is skating to La Vie en Rose to me... :slink: (but I'm not an English speaker, so I'm probably not right :biggrin: )

I think it's going to be Akiko skating to La Vie en Rose. Akiko said that she loves Jeremy's program, and Robin Cousins then complimented Akiko by saying something to the extent of "And you (Akiko) will be a lovely Vie en Rose)". That's what I took it as!

Trewyn

Medalist
I don't think I like 'La Vie en Rose' for Akiko :( Probably because I sat through all the earlier WUGs in Nice and EVERYONE seemed to be skating to it back then in all disciplines, because Worlds were in France. Then Alissa had her disastrous SP to that music as well. Bad memories all around. I thought Akiko's strongest programs were Kill Bill, West Side Story, Fledermaus... all a lot more upbeat and exciting. But then again, everything Akiko touches would become more beautiful, so I can't be entirely pessimistic.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I'm waiting for an ice dancing/pairs team to skate to Life of Pi, with one of them dressed as the tiger, and the other the laddie. More possible 2012 movie themes:

The Hunger Games would be an obvious one for female skaters. Just recycle your Firebird costume (everybody has one, don't even front) to play the girl on fire! Mime a few arrow-shooting motions and you're all set. It can also be adapted for pairs/ice dancing! Just have the guy dress up as a baker and/or a rock.

Skyfall for the fellas. Tuxedo pants + white shirt with some bullet holes with sparkly red glitter as blood splotches, and you got a costume. The usual gun-shooting PEW PEW PEW motions and ducking here and there, and you got yourselves a program. Adaptation for pairs/ice dancing: have the woman put on aging makeup so she can skate as Judi Dench's M. Bonus points if the guy skates instead as Javier Bardem's villainous character with the screwed up jaw. He can chase her around the rink!

And if a pair/ice dancing team skates to Silver Linings Playbook, it will not be authentic unless the guy pretends to punch the judges.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I would be gutted to see the Olympic team be a quadless Lysacek and quadless Abbott if other skaters actually land quads and skate well due to dumb holding up via PCS for two skaters who are past their prime.

If Abbot is clean, and the others aren't, it wouldn't bother me. If Jeremy gets on the team I'm sure he'd try the quad in Sochi, because there would be nothing to lose. I honestly don't think Evan will come back but if he did I don't think he would be my pick to make the team because I think Max jumps well enough to beat him.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Although Akiko can probably make any music good, i still dont like the idea of her skating to La Vie en Rose. Akiko recently has had such good music choices. The past 2 seasons have been great programs for her, but i feel that La Vie en Rose is not going to be so good for her.

Trewyn

Medalist
Really excited about a "sexy, edgy" SP from Shae-Lynn Bourne!!

Not too excited about David Wilson, though he is such a big name. Will have to wait and see there. Interesting that she hasn't fully decided on music yet. But the music has to be perfect, for an Olympic season! Good luck to Ashley!

(oh and post 1.000 :biggrin: )

deedee1

Record Breaker
(oh and post 1.000 :biggrin: )

Happy 1,000th post! Congratulations to Trewyn!!! :yay::party::party2: and small congratulations to old myself in mid March, too...(I remembered as I was closer to it, then I completely forgot due to the...nail-biting Worlds. ;)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Apology in advance if this info posted already. :)

Nobunari Oda, from the recent article http://www.nnn.co.jp/dainichi/rensai/skate/130525/20130525052.html

SP: No music name announced, but a Jazz program most likely he says. choreo by David Wilson
Free: Rossini's William Tell Overture, choreo by Lori Nichol
EX 1: Morricone's Once Upon a Time in the West, choreo by Nobunari himself! :)
EX 2: OST from The Last Samurai, choreo by Lori

It seems Nobu is going to have great programs which suits him so well; both his skating style and his personality! :yes:
The above article is actually 4-day series in his local's (osaka) newspaper, and here he sounds very positive with proper mind-set as he is preparing for the new season. Good luck to Nobu! :yay:

christinaskater

Medalist
Wow Ashley's SP is by Shae Lynn Bourne and LP to be choreographed by David Wilson! This is going to be amazing! Get that triple flip-triple toe.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
http://www.teamusa.org/News/2013/January/01/Go-For-The-Gold-Home/Go-For-The-Gold-Ashley-Wagner.aspx

Ashley is getting her sp done by Shae-Lynn Bourne and her fs by David Wilson.
Nice article! “I’m not sure where you put the Olympics on your Facebook profile,” :laugh:
And, something "sexy and edgy", finally! I absolutely love Bourne's choreography and I think it will work great for Ashley... Then, the FS will be something like Samson and Delilah again I think...

Icey

Record Breaker
Just because you are comfortable with some one doesn't mean, as Ashley said, that you are not improving.

Cherryy

On the Ice
Is it just me, or skaters in the Olympic season announce their programs way earlier? I remember past season we had to wait a long long time to see them and now a lot of skaters' music choices are already known.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Mao Asada has announced programs for the new season today! :)
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130531-00000031-dal-spo

SP: Chopin's Nocturne
Free: Rochmaninov's Piano Concerto #2
EX: Chaplin 'Smile'

Mao says she will skate her new program(s?) at her upcoming ice show 'The Ice'.
Idk which one out of 21 Chopin's Nucturnes Mao will skate to. While I love her SP to #2, Op9-2 in the 06-07 season so much, I hope it's going to be a different version. :yes:
As for her Free...have a mixed feeling, though...it's a great music, but would have been more appreicated by me probably if she would pick up more original music for her (ssemingly last) Olympic season.
Anyway, best of luck to Mao! :yay:

Yeah, I agree with Cherryy: skaters announce their programs much earlier than other Olympic seasons.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Mao Asada has announced programs for the new season today! :)
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130531-00000031-dal-spo

SP: Chopin's Nocturne
Free: Rochmaninov's Piano Concerto #2
EX: Chaplin 'Smile'

Mao says she will skate her new program(s?) at her upcoming ice show 'The Ice'.
Idk which one out of 21 Chopin's Nucturnes Mao will skate to. While I love her SP to #2, Op9-2 in the 06-07 season so much, I hope it's going to be a different version. :yes:
As for her Free...have a mixed feeling, though...it's a great music, but would have been more appreicated by me probably if she would pick up more original music for her (ssemingly last) Olympic season.
Anyway, best of luck to Mao! :yay:

Yeah, I agree with Cherryy: skaters announce their programs much earlier than other Olympic seasons.
A rumor says Mao' sp is nocturne op 9-2.