2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

shine

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn fell on the 2a in both SP and FS.

I know chuck, isn't that so worrisome!? Will she even be able to land her 2axel this season!?!?!
:sarcasm:

I wasn't as impressed with the LP as I had hoped. But then that was a very poorly skated performance and she seemed to be just going through the motion toward the end. Hopefully it'll be much better the next time around.

Selene

On the Ice
Wow, Kaetlyn looks so out of shape, and her costume does her no favors. She had two falls in her SP and two in the FS, and some doubled jumps as well.

I think some of the doubles in the LP were intentional. Still, her jumps look to be in bad shape and she looks to have gained some weight. She looked sloppy, slow and lumbering to me when she was executing the footwork and choreography. Hopefully it was just unfamiliarity with the new programs (which I think are inferior to last season's programs) and her performances will be much improved by the fall.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
maybe its just the video it was widened but
never realized Osmond was broad, she gained weight ala Tuk ( Tuk should be Osmond is out of shape like her )
wide shoulders and big thighs but smaller legs not good for jumps

If falls like that will lock her a silver medal on home ice
then thats a jokers joke :disapp:

ForeverFish

Medalist
I know chuck, isn't that so worrisome!? Will she even be able to land her 2axel this season!?!?!
:sarcasm:

I wasn't as impressed with the LP as I had hoped. But then that was a very poorly skated performance and she seemed to be just going through the motion toward the end. Hopefully it'll be much better the next time around.

Kaetlyn DID fall on the 2A in both programs. It's simply an observation, not a disparaging statement. Just because her jumps look in bad shape now doesn't mean that they'll still be sloppy in the fall.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Osmond looking very sloppy. imo the programs do not suit her at all

and a one trick pony,
only goes for music that involves, lip pouting, flashing your eyelash and hip shaking
didnt even work out here, she was skating like a deer on headlights

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Kaetlyn DID fall on the 2A in both programs. It's simply an observation, not a disparaging statement. Just because her jumps look in bad shape now doesn't mean that they'll still be sloppy in the fall.

your blind if you didnt see any physical changes
she is out of shape period.

compare her to Gracies amazing form early of this season

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I will not respond to trolls. I will not respond to trolls. I will not respond to trolls.

I don't know if I like this program. I'm holding out hope until the fall though. Also will withhold judgment on the dress until I see it in HD or better quality.

ForeverFish

Medalist
I will not respond to trolls. I will not respond to trolls. I will not respond to trolls.

I don't know if I like this program. I'm holding out hope until the fall though. Also will withhold judgment on the dress until I see it in HD or better quality.

This! Honestly, the dresses aren't even relevant to my judgment of the programs. It's so early that my preliminary opinion will probably change by the fall. I hope it's for the better.

Will Kaetlyn be at Nebelhorn to defend her title? Or perhaps at Finlandia?

shine

Record Breaker

I don't think you are aware of chuckm's posting history, regarding Canadian figure skaters in particular.

The same passive aggressiveness is pretty obvious, and familiar.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Natasha Purich/Mervin Tran debuted their SP tonight at the Quebec Summer Championships.

Well ... I wish I felt more positive about this pairing. I love Mervin so much as a skater. He's one of my favorite male pairs skaters ever. But I'm not sure Natasha is the right match for him.

One of the things I love about Mervin's skating is how fluid & relaxed he is on the ice. Natasha looks stiff and rehearsed (in comparison to him--maybe not to another partner). She doesn't flow the way he does. Their unison is not there yet. Of course that's somewhat to be expected, considering the newness of the partnership, but still. And jumps looking not very good. I mean, that was the biggest area where a new partner could offer more than Narumi, and if she can't even do that ... I guess we just will have to hope for improvement.

I hate to be so negative, but Mervin is a great talent, and he needs a pretty great partner to complement him IMO.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Does anyone have a link to Castelli/Shnapir's SP from Quebec this weekend? I tried the ustream link but it doesn't seem to work for me. Thanks.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Regarding Kaetlyn's body, I'm not certain that she gained weight. She wasn't particularly slim last season, but I think the way her dresses are cut are very unflattering. The skirts are too high and show the full width of her thighs, and the sleeveless dresses make her arms look big.

LRK

Record Breaker
I didn't watch the full video, as the way the ice tilted in it made me feel seasick - but it did seem to me that the video was... wider? widening?... somehow? I think we should wait and see until we see a more "proper" video to make any judgements on the issue at all.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Well ... I wish I felt more positive about this pairing. I love Mervin so much as a skater. He's one of my favorite male pairs skaters ever. But I'm not sure Natasha is the right match for him.
I hate to be so negative, but Mervin is a great talent, and he needs a pretty great partner to complement him IMO.

I feel the same way. It's so sad to see a great pair skater, a male at that, going down the rank due to mismatching.
I think someone like Felicia Zhang would be a good match for him.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
C/S of the US have a good SP. They are stepping up on transitions and performance level. Sometime he finished his move, and just hold it for a few seconds too long to wait for her, and it just looked really awkward. Being taller just made it even worse.

I think with the right programs, they can still challenge for gold at US Nats, but they have to be perfect.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I didn't watch the full video, as the way the ice tilted in it made me feel seasick - but it did seem to me that the video was... wider? widening?... somehow? I think we should wait and see until we see a more "proper" video to make any judgements on the issue at all.

That's what I've been thinking too.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/spor...s+programs+upcoming+figure/8728231/story.html <----- This is a photo of her just a few weeks ago. She doesn't look out of shape here...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
so I think it really was just the wide video that made her look bloated
or maybe bad camera angle from the video