2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 67 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

hanca

Record Breaker
I really wish Orser would work with Chan though. what is Chan thinking???? He needs a real coach; I blame Patrick for him not getting an Olympic gold or medal. years down the road he will realize he is a dunder head. Relying on a dance coach and who knows if he even marries the daughter of the dance coach. How foolish of him; like a hotshot but this is his last chance it would appear to get OGM. There is still time for him to crawl back to Krall. such a talent; he should have been working on that quad sal last year insteaad he struggled with the lutz, axel and quad toe.

I wouldn't worry. Chan will get the gold medal even if he polished the ice with his bottom after every attempted jump. As long as he turns up in Sochi, it is his, so why worry who is coaching him?

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
I wouldn't worry. Chan will get the gold medal even if he polished the ice with his bottom after every attempted jump. As long as he turns up in Sochi, it is his, so why worry who is coaching him?

Hahahahah!

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
Brian will be one busy guy come the big events. The odds are decent that his skaters could draw to perform back to back. Wonder who his "back ups" are to keep his stable ready to go when they compete in the same event

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I love this conspiracy talk. So much fun.

Not that I really agree on it though. And I (much) prefer Javier because he looks less contrived.

This conspiracy talk and second guessing of the coaches is amusing to a point but now is getting tiresome. I agree that Hanyu is smart enough and the Japanese Federation savvy enough to get the best possible situation for themselves and their skaters. I'm sure if Yuzuru felt he wasn't getting as much coaching attention as Javi, was competing with poorly choreographed programs or was not being "packaged' well he would have left Orser at the end of last season.

The skaters themselves are just as responsible for what happens out on the ice during competition as their coaches/choreographers. In Hanyu's case, his physical conditioning and then injury kept him from being successful with Notre Dame de Paris. Brian recently spoke about making sure Yuzu is stronger and better able to physically withstand the rigors of elite competition. Let's hope so because I believe his talent is greater than Javi's and in my opinion he is much more inspiring to watch.

Aesthetics

Rinkside
In Hanyu's case, his physical conditioning and then injury kept him from being successful with Notre Dame de Paris. … Let's hope so because I believe his talent is greater than Javi's and in my opinion he is much more inspiring to watch.
I also think Hanyu’s talent is greater than Javi because Hanyu is younger and he’s already better than Javi in most areas except 4s. But I watched the worlds live and think Hanyu’s Notre Dame program was not well choreographed at all. The judges didn’t like it either and gave Hanyu lower pcs than Javi even though Hanyu was cleaner and had higher tes than Javi, who made several big mistakes. So I don’t think it was just because Hanyu was injured at the worlds. The judges never gave him high enough pcs for the Notre Dame program at various events throughout the season. He was almost clean at the worlds, but they did not reward him with higher pcs. They just did not like the program, and so was the audience who watched it live with me.

I'm sure if Yuzuru felt he wasn't getting as much coaching attention as Javi, was competing with poorly choreographed programs or was not being "packaged' well he would have left Orser at the end of last season.
No, that would be stupid. Hanyu should not change coach before the Olympics. Skaters usually do not succeed if they change coach immediately before the Olympics. Also Hanyu has been trying to get a new sp all the summer right? And Orser did not announce their final decision that he has to keep it until last week? So when Orser announced no new sp, that was already too late to change coach. The new season will begin in one month. Now it’s too late for Hanyu and JSF to do anything. I think the JSF is probably monitoring now. If Hanyu’s this season’s programs are still not successful, then the JSF will change coach next year.

Also the JSF sent Hanyu to Canada to learn techniques such as transitions and skating skills which his previous Japanese coach could not teach him in Japan. I notice Hanyu has improved and he’s getting close to PChan in these areas, so it’s not that Orser’s team is totally bad or anything. As I posted before, I like what Tracy and Orser did technically but not what DWilson did artistically. I think if JSF really supports Hanyu and is willing to help him as what they did for Takahashi and Asada, then Hanyu should stay in Canada to improve technically, while JSF helps him to get other choreographers if Orser’s team can’t package him properly. Then Hanyu will improve both technically and artistically.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hahahahah!

You guys are mean. I would really like to see Takhahashi or Chan win for putting in their time and a body of work though Olympics are about olympics look at Kwan and Browning. My "fear" is Javier has the skate of his life; I would rather see it in the next quad.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interesting choices - Carmen - I wonder if it will be over the top? A hmerous look at Carmen?

She says its a classical Carmen but I hope its at least a voidy program. Never seen Grishuk work but overall I'm excited.

Bea

On the Ice
Justus Strid's programs

The source is his new website: http://www.justusstrid.com/season-201314.html

Short: Cha cha variations. Choreography by: Kalle Strid, Adam Solya, Salome Brunner - A photo of the costume can be seen on his website.
Free skate: Les Miserables. Choreography by Kalle Strid, Adam Solya

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Alena Leonova
LP Carmen

This could work actually. Her strength is that she shows personality on the ice when she's skating well. If she can regain her jumps I could see her make the Russian team because she is a recent WSMist and is capable of the highest PCS scores (or maybe 2nd after Adelina).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Rumors:

Capellini & LaNotte FD
Barber of Seville

Ilinykh & Katsalapov FD
Swan Lake

Does anyone know whether this is true?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I/K along with Leonova are having open test skates this week (tmrw?). So we should know soon.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think the JSF is probably monitoring now. If Hanyu’s this season’s programs are still not successful, then the JSF will change coach next year.
As I posted before, I like what Tracy and Orser did technically but not what DWilson did artistically. I think if JSF really supports Hanyu and is willing to help him as what they did for Takahashi and Asada, then Hanyu should stay in Canada to improve technically, while JSF helps him to get other choreographers if Orser’s team can’t package him properly. Then Hanyu will improve both technically and artistically.

I happen to think Hanyu was packaged brillantly with his PW short program and his scores proved that as well. The ND LP was not as good for sure, but he never really skated it without technical mistakes which can also effect pcs. Since none of us have seen his new LP we can't really comment on his "packaging" yet. My biggest concern at this point is the Johnny Weir designed costume. :eek: Keeping my fingers crossed that it's not too feminine.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
I happen to think Hanyu was packaged brillantly with his PW short program and his scores proved that as well. The ND LP was not as good for sure, but he never really skated it without technical mistakes which can also effect pcs. Since none of us have seen his new LP we can't really comment on his "packaging" yet. My biggest concern at this point is the Johnny Weir designed costume. :eek: Keeping my fingers crossed that it's not too feminine.

I'm a little disappointed about the decision to keep the SP, but I'm looking forward to his new FS. I was skeptical when I first heard about the music selection, but recent clips of him skating it in practice look VERY promising. I'm already going back and rewatching the few parts that have been recorded and uploaded - some really great moments.

I share your concern about the costume - Johnny's excitement over it is making me a little worried... :slink: