Favorite Audiences | Golden Skate

Favorite Audiences

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
Over the years people like things about different competitions. Where have your favourite skating audiences been? I will list my favorites later because I would like to see what others have to say. To make things a little easier, List by country with as many as three.

Alba

Record Breaker
Over the years people like things about different competitions. Where have your favourite skating audiences been? I will list my favorites later because I would like to see what others have to say. To make things a little easier, List by country with as many as three.

I don't have a favourite skating audiences, in a particular competition. Normally I don't care too much about audiences, but I would say the best one is Japan and Canada, in general.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Japan, worldwide.
The World Team Trophy audiences are particularly great.

At various USA nationals, Boston

Last edited:

flutzy13

On the Ice
Japan, worldwide.
The World Team Trophy audiences are particularly great.

At various USA nationals, Boston

Boston 2014 was amazing. The electric energy especially for Jason, Jeremy, Marissa and Simon, Meryl & Charlie and Mirai was truly something that I did not think we'd ever experience in American figure skating again. It was as Christine Brennan put it so aptly a Michelle Kwan crowd.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I can tell you who the worst audience is :slink:

But to add to the obvious choices that were said before,

I heard people had a nice time in the audience in China, So looking forward to worlds

And hopefully in the coming 4cc the S. Koreans will show themselves as a good crowd ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
After 2014 nationals, I am hoping Worlds 2016 in Boston will be Epic :love: and that I can wangle a way to go there. :bow:

flutzy13

On the Ice
After 2014 nationals, I am hoping Worlds 2016 in Boston will be Epic :love: and that I can wangle a way to go there. :bow:

After attending Boston 2014, I've pretty much decided I'll have to quit my job if I can't get off for 2016 Worlds. The thought of Jason, Gracie, Chock/Bates and Polina possibly at a home worlds after 2 more seasons of senior experience is so exciting. And hopefully C/S will be motivated to stick around- the TD garden loved them and they loved skating at the TD garden. Any word yet on tickets? We're less than 2 years out. I know they made a website but its pretty bare bones right now. I'm thinking by the summer....

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
For me World Championship Audiences are my favorites generally so I'm going by that
Canada- 2001 Worlds, 2006 Worlds
Japan: in the big overall picture it has been great to see the evolution of excitement and focus everything
Note: Ashley Wagner had them clapping through much of her routine and they were into it as well as an example.
U.S: 2003 Worlds
So many good audiences in these three countries

noskates

Record Breaker
2014 Nationals in Boston. (once I defrosted from walking to the arena) Definitely going to Worlds in 2016. The people in Boston were gracious and nice. The arena was perfect for a competition. The crowds seemed knowledgeable and Boston was Strong! The only complaint was the over-the-top expensive crappy food in the arena - grease and salt!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I seem to remember that Sweden has got lots of postitive comments about its skating audiences for ALL skaters.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ That's nice to hear. I did enjoy the most recent Worlds from Sweden & that they sang each National anthem of the gold medalists in each discipline.

lcd

Match Penalty
JAPAN.

No contest. Wherever the Japanese fans travel to in the world, they enthusiastically support the sport of skating and make the skaters feel so welcome and appreciated.

Bonnie F

On the Ice
It seems most people are voting for Japan, I really don't have a preference, but I always get distracted a little by all the face masks in the audiences in Japan and other Asian countries. As a health care worker I don't enjoy wearing a mask when it is necessary in a hospital. I couldn't imagine wearing one for hours while watching a sporting event and enjoying myself. I would rather stay home if I was that fearful of catching something and watch the event on television. But I guess that shows the level of dedication of the fans and I guess its also what you get used to.