Russian Nationals podium | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals podium

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Yes but what will happen if Ukraine becomes Russian again? Stopped following news when I read Jew had to register in Ukraine. OT but I have so much on my plate, I block world news mostly right now as it is so crazy upsetting. Anyway, God Bless Ukraine...certainly great talents come from there in FS anyway.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Back to Guesses, I think Anna will be a huge rival to Adelina with Julia and Elena. They are all off the chart athletic. It depends I think on who has a good program and look. Julia had the best this year. Sochi was sad as people mioight have accepted Julia as golden over beloved, mature Kim. I wish them all better programs.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Yes but what will happen if Ukraine becomes Russian again? Stopped following news when I read Jew had to register in Ukraine. OT but I have so much on my plate, I block world news mostly right now as it is so crazy upsetting. Anyway, God Bless Ukraine...certainly great talents come from there in FS anyway.
Oh, god! Please, don't believe the brainwash you are being introduced to. Just a piece of advice: don't watch the news. USA tries to look so innocent in this situation, while they are one of the main characters in this conflict. (just to let you know, i have 3 different sources where i can get my picture on this situation: Russian news and TV, Estonian one(pro USA politics) and the Ukranians living in both Western and Eastern parts)

Back to the discussion of Pogo changing the country. I doubt it as she said she wouldn't want to change to a country with less competiton+she grew up in Russia.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wow. I had no idea that only the ladies competed at Russian Nationals.

For men, I am hoping:

1. Gachinski
2. Menshov (these two can be swapped if needs must)
3. Voronov

:laugh:
with Sokolovskaya the Grimm Reaper as the coach
I don't think so

Rhodium

On the Ice
Also, Pogorilaya may want to consider switching to Ukraine - both of her parents of from Ukraine (per her Wikipedia) and her last name also suggests Ukrainian heritage.

Anna after Worlds: "I do not consider that alternative, because the results go down when a sportsman begins to skate for the country with weaker competition. Breakdown begins as a motivation disappears. You need no effort to enter the team."
Taking into account current political situation it would be even more difficult. Juicy scandal is not in the interests of her.

YLFan

Match Penalty
I highly doubt that she would switch when they now have a very anti Russian government. Maybe down the road will sell out if desperate but no time soon.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Anna after Worlds: "I do not consider that alternative, because the results go down when a sportsman begins to skate for the country with weaker competition. Breakdown begins as a motivation disappears. You need no effort to enter the team."
Taking into account current political situation it would be even more difficult. Juicy scandal is not in the interests of her.

There's also the question of funding. I don't think the Ukrainian skating feds have that much money. Aljona left ten years ago because of it, Tatiana V had no problems switching to Russia after she split with Stas, and I assume that Siobhan H-C likely funded a lot of her training and associated expenses through her family (they're wealthy from what I understand).

Alba

Record Breaker
What will it look like? What a horse race for ladies singles. It is exciting to see Anna, Sot, Julia, and Elena plus more coming up. Liza Leonova are not done.

What are your guesses for the pecking order this new season and why?

I have no idea. It's unpredictable, IMO, but you would think Yulia, Adelina, Elena in any order.

volk

Final Flight
So many people are writing off Kovtun, but I don't mind. After the Worlds he talked about improving his endurance, choreography and increasing difficulty for next season. Unless he has a major disaster at Nationals he should make the team.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Nice to see our medias lies and brainwashing is working.

:thumbsup:

I know this is off topic but I want to share with you this information. I'm a litle bit surprised..
Why do the Russians love Putin? Putin's 15 years..

Look at this picture, I found it on Twitter.. https://twitter.com/Akiraskii/status/458789382153961472/photo/1

зарплата - salary
пенсия- pension
государственный долг- public debt
ввп-GDP
золото-валютные резер-currency reserves

aschiutza

On the Ice
So many people are writing off Kovtun, but I don't mind. After the Worlds he talked about improving his endurance, choreography and increasing difficulty for next season. Unless he has a major disaster at Nationals he should make the team.

Aaaaa, from 4 persons making prediction about men, 3 put him on podium. So how isthat writting him off?

Alba

Record Breaker
There's also the question of funding. I don't think the Ukrainian skating feds have that much money. Aljona left ten years ago because of it, Tatiana V had no problems switching to Russia after she split with Stas, and I assume that Siobhan H-C likely funded a lot of her training and associated expenses through her family (they're wealthy from what I understand).

Ukrainians only think of their athletes when they win medals for other countries
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...etes-when-they-win-medals-for-other-countries

Interesting read, and this says all: "Look, most of the Ukrainian athletes, not just the figure skaters were representing other countries in Sochi. Only when they were medaled for those countries they figured: how come! Our guys! The Ukrainians! But why did they become `our guys' only now, not when they were training here and received 0 support? ."

Anna P is right. A strong competition is always good. The strongest will survive and it will be a fantastic competitor.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I'm not "writing him off", I just don't want to see him on the podium. Big difference.

Rhodium

On the Ice
Ukrainians only think of their athletes when they win medals for other countries
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...etes-when-they-win-medals-for-other-countries

Interesting read, and this says all: "Look, most of the Ukrainian athletes, not just the figure skaters were representing other countries in Sochi. Only when they were medaled for those countries they figured: how come! Our guys! The Ukrainians! But why did they become `our guys' only now, not when they were training here and received 0 support? ."

Anna P is right. A strong competition is always good. The strongest will survive and it will be a fantastic competitor.

Ukrainians have no time for that trifle. They build a democracy, a freedom and their European future.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Ukrainians have no time for that trifle. They build a democracy, a freedom and their European future.

really? they build the democracy with an ultranationalist, extreme right-wing ( is this the good term ? )government????