Russian Nationals podium | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals podium

skateluvr

Record Breaker
What will it look like? What a horse race for ladies singles. It is exciting to see Anna, Sot, Julia, and Elena plus more coming up. Liza Leonova are not done.

What are your guesses for the pecking order this new season and why?

YLFan

Match Penalty
It will be a real battle thats for sure.

My wild guesses. I am going to predict Sotnikova won't be there because of taking time off or something.

1. Yulia - Really should have won last year and I think will be given every opportunity to win.

2. Pogorilaya - I think could take a strong step this year

3. Proklova - Finished 4th last year despite being very young. I think is going to dominate Juniors this year and will get more of a boost with it being obvious shes the next big star.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
How can anybody predicts who will be on the podium??

Sotnikova, Lipni, Radionova, Tuk, Pogo, Leonova, Proklova...absolute impossible..

aschiutza

On the Ice
Too early to predict something for the girls. They are all very young . all can improve or go over rough times in a few month.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow. I had no idea that only the ladies competed at Russian Nationals.

For men, I am hoping:

1. Gachinski
2. Menshov (these two can be swapped if needs must)
3. Voronov

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

For men, I am hoping:

1. Gachinski
3. Voronov

Yes, I'm waiting Gachi for the podium, too. And you don't forget about Pitkeev..so young, but so elegant who knows??

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes, I'm waiting Gachi for the podium, too. And you don't forget about Pitkeev..so young, but so elegant who knows??

Oh yes, I was so impressed with Pitkeev. But I do want Grandpa Menshov to still win lots of things, and I've even developed a bit of a soft spot - only a bit of one, mind you! - for Voronov.

hanca

Record Breaker
It will be a real battle thats for sure.

My wild guesses. I am going to predict Sotnikova won't be there because of taking time off or something.

1. Yulia - Really should have won last year and I think will be given every opportunity to win.

2. Pogorilaya - I think could take a strong step this year

3. Proklova - Finished 4th last year despite being very young. I think is going to dominate Juniors this year and will get more of a boost with it being obvious shes the next big star.

That doesn't mean much. Sakhanovich finished fourth last year while being a year younger at that time.

My guess if Sotnikova is not there:
1. Lipnitskaya
2. Radionova
3. Pogorilaya
4.-7. Sakhanovich, Proklova, Sotskova, Medvedeva in any order.
Which means that Tuktamysheva will be again low - 8th. :frown: all other higher places being already taken...

If Sotnikova competes, she will be 1st or 2nd, and the rest of ladies will move one place lower.

Men:
1. Voronov
2. Kovtun
3. Menshov
4. Gachinsky
5. Pitkeev

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Oh yes, I was so impressed with Pitkeev. But I do want Grandpa Menshov to still win lots of things, and I've even developed a bit of a soft spot - only a bit of one, mind you! - for Voronov.

I saw Menshov and Voronov live in European Championships Budapest . We loved them so much!!!!

Duality

On the Ice

For men, I am hoping:

1. Gachinski
3. Voronov

I like this podium!)) Sorry, Kovtun.

aschiutza

On the Ice
At the moment no one can predict the dance podium.

The pair 1-2 is pretty clear if both V/T and S/K are skating there.

At men i think
1. Kovtun - he gained now loads of experience also by touring, he has TAT to hype him, he is in a good group,
2. Pitkeev - if he stays injury free and keep his nerves (he has this chances as the attention is now on someone else)
3. Voronov or Menshov
4-5. Gachinski - i really really hope he will be on a better place, but it depends how good he will come clear with the new coach, how good his choreographie will be and the most important how his nerves will play

caelum

On the Ice
If Adelina competes and goes reasonably clean, she walks away with the national title, no matter what the other girls do. She'll inevitably get the Olympic champion PCS and GOE bonus. I have a suspicion Yulia might have a rough season because of growing pains, but unlike some posters here I don't predict disaster for her, I'll think she'll push through it and land somewhere lower on the podium and come back the next season much stronger. Elena will be on the podium since, along with Yulia, she's the heir apparent so she'll end up on the podium bar disaster. Unfortunately, I just don't think there will be enough room for Anna. I think Anna might be wise to compete for someone besides Russia. Worlds proved she's definitely a podium contender, but the Russian nationals is so stacked she might not even get a proper chance to prove herself again.

So, my predictions:

1) Adelina
2) Elena
3) Yulia

Then again, since apparently all the Russian girls will be doing quads and triple axels next season, the real question is - should they be competing against the men ?!?!?!

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm curious... I don't follow juniors, but I liked what (very, very little) I've seen of Petrov. What do the more knowledgeable on this forum think of his chances going forward?

makaihime

Final Flight

For men, I am hoping:

1. Gachinski
3. Voronov

I like your taste :agree: I wish that'll be how the podium looks like but high doubtful :slink:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I'm curious... I don't follow juniors, but I liked what (very, very little) I've seen of Petrov. What do the more knowledgeable on this forum think of his chances going forward?
I believe he has potential..

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
As much as people don't want Kovtun on the podium/World team, he should make the World team with Voronov if Russia wants to have even a remote shot at obtaining 3 spots for the 2016 Worlds. I mean, the guy came 4th at Worlds. Voronov has been abysmal at Worlds, but has gained consistency the last season, and could crack the top 10. I don't have much confidence in Gachinski at this point.

Ladies (obviously really difficult to predict):
1. Lipnitskaia
2. Radionova
3. Sotnikova

Men:
1. Kovtun
2. Voronov
3. Menshov (although Pitkeev might surprise)

aschiutza

On the Ice

He has to develop a lot, but i like that he has personality, hie ex was the most engaging from the men at the junior world. I think in 3-4 years he will be very good if he keeps his motivation.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
My prediction:
1.Elena
2.Julia
3.Adelina

My ideal podium:
1.Elena
2.Anna
3.Adelina

Anyway, it's not fair that only 3 go to the worlds...

pamela

Rinkside
im wondering if one of the new ice dance couples will get into the podium, bronze could be a huge achievement.
pairs is pretty obvious with v/t and s/k in the top (unless some serious meltdown happens) and maybe a/m can get bronze.
in ladies so much can happen, like they are all really young and puberty/growth spurts can scramble the podium a bit... and maybe sotnikova isnt even there, and of she is then she wil probably get 1 or 2. and i hope pogo will be in the podium, she should really think about competing foe another country if this season doesnt work for her.
men idk.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Hmm I could see a couple potential country switches, given the insane depth and talent within the Russian ladies. I can definitely see Nikol Gosviani skating for Georgia (apparently her last name is Georgian). Also, Pogorilaya may want to consider switching to Ukraine - both of her parents of from Ukraine (per her Wikipedia) and her last name also suggests Ukrainian heritage. While she's towards the top of Russian ladies right now, once Proklova-Sakhanovich-Sotskova-Medvedeva become senior eligible, Pogo may have a tough time making teams in Russia, whereas she'd basically be guaranteed a spot on the Ukrainian team. While I know that the Russian competition will push everyone, her weaknesses may catch up with her/she may get passed. Something for her to consider.
Other than that, Russian nationals is going to be CRAZY GOOD once this current crop all become senior - Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Radionova, Pogorilaya, Gosviani, Medvedeva, Sakhanovich, Proklova, and Sotskova will all likely be worthy of a spot, and only 3 max out of those 10 will be able to go.