Weir and Lipinski will be part of the Kentucky Derby and Oaks coverage | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Weir and Lipinski will be part of the Kentucky Derby and Oaks coverage

Figure 8's

On the Ice
The Kentucky should be all about the horses and not some past skating stars who know nothing about racing. Fortunately I will be there and won't have to watch this crap on TV.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hey, now, careful Math! What do you mean, implying the oldest continuously-held annual sporting event in the country is "camp?"

(I love to trot this factoid out and have probably done so before here at GS -- Also --

What is the second-oldest sporting event in the US, held annually and continuously? The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, of course! )

I feel like I need to know the 3rd oldest now? Boston Marathon?

anyanka

Record Breaker
What is the second-oldest sporting event in the US, held annually and continuously? The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, of course! )

Johnny & Tara starring in a remake of "Best in Show", or acting it out for realz. Can we make that happen, too?!? I would watch the **** out of it.

Matilda

Medalist
The Kentucky should be all about the horses and not some past skating stars who know nothing about racing. Fortunately I will be there and won't have to watch this crap on TV.

Well, the fashion and red carpet will be there with or without Tara and Johnny anyway. I'm glad Tara and Johnny are getting these opportunities--and remind people of the existence of oour sport after the Olympics are over.

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
Well, the fashion and red carpet will be there with or without Tara and Johnny anyway. I'm glad Tara and Johnny are getting these opportunities--and remind people of the existence of oour sport after the Olympics are over.

In that instance it might backfire

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^lol

I actually like them. Not as much as Eurosport guys but I get what you're selling here.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Johnny & Tara starring in a remake of "Best in Show", or acting it out for realz. Can we make that happen, too?!? I would watch the **** out of it.

Totally -- right there with you! :popcorn:

Paraphrasing one of your earlier posts: visions of over-dressed poodles (on skates) are now dancing in my head...

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I've heard that about the tournament, too, Mathman, but I don't think of it as exactly a national event.

Would LOVE to add it to the Johnny-Tara circuit, tho!

Hey, now, careful Math! What do you mean, implying the oldest continuously-held annual sporting event in the country is "camp?"

The horse race is great. As I understood the announcement, Johnny and Tara's job will be commenting on how pretty the owners' wives' hats are. ;)