Canadian pairs news: M-T/M and P/M have split | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Canadian pairs news: M-T/M and P/M have split

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Maybe the new partner won't last any longer than Dylan would have (heck, first she has to find a partner)

According to the Beverley Smith interview (as well as reports on other sites), Kirsten has already found 2 contenders and there have already been a couple of tryouts. The 2 contenders appear to be Michael Marinaro and Mervin Tran.

flutzy13

On the Ice
It'd be neat to see him pair with Marissa Castelli. :)

I don't see either country being willing to release quickly and I don't imagine either one wanting to sit on the sidelines for an extended period. Marissa is by far the best US pairs girl and Dylan is IMO Canada's strongesr pair guys even if D/R are the stronger overall team. Its a shame though because neither of them have options on their level within their own countries. He's a great presenter and she's a total star so I do think it could be a great pair. That said, I'd much prefer MT/M and C/S were continuing for their own countries :(

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't see either country being willing to release. Marissa is by far the best US pairs girl and Dylan is IMO Canada's strongesr pair guys even if D/R are the stronger overall team. Its a shame though because neither of them have options on their level within their own countries. He's a great presenter and she's a total star so I do think it could be a great pair.

I can understand why at this stage in their carers they would not want to sit out 2 seasons, but even if the countries refuse to release, that only lasts 2 years, right?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Dylan could skate with Paige Lawrence, but one of them would have to move across the country, and that might be awkward, since Paige and Kirsten are close friends.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Apparently the Russian Fed has not released Lubov yet and there's not really any news on whether or not they're willing to right now which is disappointing because I would have really loved to see them compete this year :cry: I have met Dylan myself before and I don't think he'd represent a country that is not Canada.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
So What makes this happen? Anyone know the inside scoop as to why Kirsten and Dylan split?

There's no inside scoop, they split because Kirsten wanted a partner who she could go another 2 Olympic cycles with, and Dylan was only ready to commit to 1 more cycle (not surprising, given that's he's pushing 30)