Tatiana Tarasova's choreography | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Tarasova's choreography

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Is TAT responsible for the costumes of the skaters she coaches/choreographs for?

I personally don't have huge issues with Bells of Moscow. Maybe I have a thing for dark themes. I agree the first half was a bit dreary, but I loved the step sequence at the end.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Is TAT responsible for the costumes of the skaters she coaches/choreographs for?
She's the godmother of Russian Figure skating, of course if her favorite students wear something unpleasant to her eyes, she could have made some comment. She was so devoted to Yagudin I remember. Maybe it's her touch that Adelina changed the dress for free skate this season. Her dresses at Japan open and TEB were truly atrocity.
She made some comment about Yuna's dress, too. Even though I don't think Yuna's dress this season is her best, I don't think it's bad at all.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I don't follow Mao that much, so maybe you are right. But for the most part, I think Tat certainly have it soft for Mao, or else she couldn't have choreographed for Mao so many years.
I am kinda curious, though, about who she favors the most out of her students? Yagudin is the first one came to my mind. But it has been years since he retired, she must have fawned over other now.
She praised Kovtun a lot, but I don't see much love in her towards this boy.
Even though at the moment seems to favor Adelina, I can't see Tat's devotion to Adelina through her choreography. Even the costumes that Adelina have been wearing, except for Sochi, were so tedious some people even call that atrocity. Meh, Tat surely has gone senile when it come to her fashion sense.
Maybe her new favorite next season will be Radionova, now that she is going to turn senior.

On the contrary, I think she has a lot of love in her for him. Kovtun is a teenage brat, with a ton of potential, and if she didn't have love for him, she wouldn't be showing him the tough love that he needs to ensure his talent doesn't go to waste and that he remains focused.

Meoima

Match Penalty
On the contrary, I think she has a lot of love in her for him. Kovtun is a teenage brat, with a ton of potential, and if she didn't have love for him, she wouldn't be showing him the tough love that he needs to ensure his talent doesn't go to waste and that he remains focused.
I just shudder at her sharp eyes when she was instruction Kovtun in some documentary though. Kinda looks like an abusing godmother to me. I don't wish to bear that love. :unsure: If they ever cast real human to play Yubaba the witch in Spirited Away, I recommend Tarasova.
Anyways, I remember my friends said she has praised Kovtun A LOT in Russian media. :popcorn:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
She's the godmother of Russian Figure skating, of course if her favorite students wear something unpleasant to her eyes, she could have made some comment. She was so devoted to Yagudin I remember. Maybe it's her touch that Adelina changed the dress for free skate this season. Her dresses at Japan open and TEB were truly atrocity.
She made some comment about Yuna's dress, too. Even though I don't think Yuna's dress this season is her best, I don't think it's bad at all.

I gotta say, I'm glad Adelina ditched those awful dresses for the Olympics. Some of the pics just made me go :jaw:

Yuna's dresses were beautiful! Not her best, but still above most of the field. (TAT can have her opinion, whatever, I just don't agree.)

Yagudin generally managed to avoid fashion disasters after One Banana :)bang:), so TAT should be commended for steering him. I dunno if I'd call him extremely well dressed though. Gladiator was excellent, Man in the Iron Mask was decent (though perhaps too literal...), and Lawrence of Arabia... I admit I didn't connect with either the outfit or the program. Though I guess, for many people, "decent" is a welcome change in crazy FS fashion. :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I always think Mishin camp has worse choice of costumes than Tat camp until Adelina. :cool: and frankly Tat's choreography doesn't suit the girl style either. :sarcasm:

If you compare Yagudin's costumes in his Mishin era to before he went over to Tat, you would have to say he changed his skin like a snake. Lol

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Adelina single-handedly made the balance equal? :laugh:

I'll have to check out more of Yagudin's early outfits. I swear they weren't all atrocious.

Also, for whatever reason, I think Plush's outfits got more conservative, less flashy (less "Mishin") after Yagudin left. YMMV if they got better, but he didn't wear (or perform) anything as cruddy as Sabre Dance again.

Bartek

On the Ice
The Swan Lake she made for Mao was simply exquisite. So overdone a piece of music and yet she managed to create something fresh and very CoP-friendly at the same time. Nearly all the jumps had some transitions, even the difficult 3F+2Lo+2Lo. All the choreography was performed while moving which added to the difficulty. On top of that, a lot of one-foot skating and the places of jumping passes distributed throughout the whole ice rink. Beautiful section in the middle with spread eagles, turning moves at the end that were meant to resamble balletic turns done on the floor. Also, one of the best step sequences ever - packed with the difficult content and fullfilling the task of interpreting music simultaneously.

Alba

Record Breaker
Even though at the moment seems to favor Adelina, I can't see Tat's devotion to Adelina through her choreography. Even the costumes that Adelina have been wearing, except for Sochi, were so tedious some people even call that atrocity. Meh, Tat surely has gone senile when it come to her fashion sense.
Maybe her new favorite next season will be Radionova, now that she is going to turn senior.

She is not her coach and neither her choreo. She is a kind of consultant but she certainly doesn't choose the choreo, let alone the costumes for Adelina.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I just shudder at her sharp eyes when she was instruction Kovtun in some documentary though. Kinda looks like an abusing godmother to me. I don't wish to bear that love. :unsure: If they ever cast real human to play Yubaba the witch in Spirited Away, I recommend Tarasova.
Anyways, I remember my friends said she has praised Kovtun A LOT in Russian media. :popcorn:

Mildly abusive, overbearing coach in Russia?! Never! :laugh:

Macassar88

Medalist
I gotta say, I'm glad Adelina ditched those awful dresses for the Olympics. Some of the pics just made me go :jaw:

Yuna's dresses were beautiful! Not her best, but still above most of the field. (TAT can have her opinion, whatever, I just don't agree.)

Yagudin generally managed to avoid fashion disasters after One Banana :)bang:), so TAT should be commended for steering him. I dunno if I'd call him extremely well dressed though. Gladiator was excellent, Man in the Iron Mask was decent (though perhaps too literal...), and Lawrence of Arabia... I admit I didn't connect with either the outfit or the program. Though I guess, for many people, "decent" is a welcome change in crazy FS fashion. :laugh:

Ewww that yellow one deserved a 10 point deduction and -3 GOE across the board

aschiutza

On the Ice
We are talking here about the coach of the one yellow shirt and Revolution program skater, Kulik? Kulik's costumes were hit or miss under TAT.

I think TAT can love too much, Kulik ran for his life after oly, he coudn't bear it anymore, while it was exactly was Yagudin was looking for. Some will love so intensive attention, some will hate it. From the posted films, i cannot see too much love for Kovtun, i have the impression he is more used till another heir comes. If Gachinski will surpass his difficuluty, i am very curious, who will become TAT pet? I have a feeling it won't be Kovtun, but it depends now on soo many things, that it could go all the way. Somehow i cannot see TAT being equal to both, she has something of an obssesive mama about her :laugh: .

Alba

Record Breaker
I think TAT can love too much, Kulik ran for his life after oly, he coudn't bear it anymore,

Oh please. Kulik left the competitive skating and went to pro. to make money and create his family.
He didn't left because of TAT "obssesive mama" attitude.

aschiutza

On the Ice
Oh please. Kulik left the competitive skating and went to pro. to make money and create his family.
He didn't left because of TAT "obssesive mama" attitude.

I remember very well about some articles in that time. Alledgedly, TAT and Kulik departed not very amiable and it took some time to patch their relationship after that . In one of thiese article was said that for Kulik it was too much for him the way TAT was acting. I don't remember exactly if was said from Kulik or only the journalist.

But well, if you know better, sorry to upset you.

But also please, don't come here with this "oh please" to me.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Mildly abusive, overbearing coach in Russia?! Never! :laugh:
Well, I don't think it's mildly. :no:

I remember very well about some articles in that time. Alledgedly, TAT and Kulik departed not very amiable and it took some time to patch their relationship after that . In one of these article was said that for Kulik it was too much for him the way TAT was acting. I don't remember exactly if was said from Kulik or only the journalist. .
Do you have any recent articles about the relationship between Tat and her students? Thank you very much.:)

aschiutza

On the Ice
Sadly not. I have read for a long time only about Kulik-Yagudin-Plushenko and for a time i was also not very interested to read the gossip abiut FS :laugh: . Yagudin seem to have a wonderful relationship with TAT, Kulik a so-so one.

I only remember readingy that between Sasha and Tat didn't click, but i think that this is well known.

Alba

Record Breaker
I remember very well about some articles in that time. Alledgedly, TAT and Kulik departed not very amiable and it took some time to patch their relationship after that . In one of thiese article was said that for Kulik it was too much for him the way TAT was acting. I don't remember exactly if was said from Kulik or only the journalist.

But well, if you know better, sorry to upset you.

But also please, don't come here with this "oh please" to me.

I come here to you, or anyone, with "oh please" because apparently repeating one word or gossip said by a journalist somewhere suddenly becomes a true story. Suffice to repeat it once or twice and becomes a fact.
I'm not upset at all, because to even think that Kulik left competitive skating because of her its silly.
He was an Olympic champion and a fine skater. He could've easily changed the coach not quit, if TAT was the problem.
It's true, he didn't have the relationship that Yagudin had with her (Ilia was very different from Yagudin) and she was upset because she wanted him to continue for Salt Lake City, but to suggest that he "ran for his life after oly" because "he coudn't bear it anymore" it's ridiculous.
He wanted to make money and he started a relationship with Katia. Good for him.

aschiutza

On the Ice
Each their own, i suppose, then. Please refrain to read my posts in the future. You will be obviously spared to read silly and ridiculous thinking.
Thank you!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
We prefer stuff to have links to sources. Even though some journalists are not accurate, if you have a link, at least you know where the story arose.