X Mini Europa 2014 - 02-04/05, Warsaw, Poland | Golden Skate

X Mini Europa 2014 - 02-04/05, Warsaw, Poland

Mini Europa is an international competition for younger skaters, held annually in Warsaw, Poland. This year, it will be celebrating its tenth anniversary. :)

Since ISU does not have any regulations for pre-Novice categories, the competition will use the PFSA's system with the younger skater being separated into Bronze, Silver and Gold categories.

This year the Novice and Junior categories will also be taking place.

The entry lists are pretty impressive. 63 Bronze Girls (36 of which from Belarus!), 7 Bronze Boys, 35 Silver Girls (20 from Belarus), 7 Silver Boys, 23 Gold Girls, 4 Gold Boys, 15 Novice Girls, 2 Novice Boys, 15 Junior Ladies and 1 Junior Man. I guess some of those skaters probably won't turn up though. The majority of skaters come from Eastern and Central Europe but there's also one girl from Netherlands.

I imagine there might be a YouTube channel with all of the competition videos, per PFSA's policy.

Mini Europa 2014 - Results
Mini Europa 2014 - Time Schedule

It's a shame that more skaters from other countries are not taking part but then it's a great opportunity for Eastern European skaters for whom the competition is quite close and they are the ones with on average much less financial means than skaters from Western Europe and North America.

I also think that the head coach of the Euro 6 club which organises this event has some connections in Belarus as we always see a lot of Belarussian skaters at their events.