Splits, retirements, and new teams 2014-15 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Splits, retirements, and new teams 2014-15

Dramahkween

On the Ice
Looks like the Davidovich/Silecky partnership was short-lived. She's apparently already moved on to AJ Reiss.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Mattieu

Medalist
Is Carron searching for a new partner? I'm worried about French situation. They're going to have just one dance team :eek:

No she is not :cry:
Zahorski,Guerreiro did not declare yet who they skate, so hopefully they chose France, please!!!!!

hanca

Record Breaker
No she is not :cry:
Zahorski,Guerreiro did not declare yet who they skate, so hopefully they chose France, please!!!!!

It would be silly if Zahorski-Guerreiro wanted to skate for Russia. There still enough seniors and Z-G would probably not even get to Europeans/Worlds.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zahorski/Guerreiro should skate for Australia, then they would be guaranteed a berth for 4CC/Worlds.

hanca

Record Breaker
Zahorski/Guerreiro should skate for Australia, then they would be guaranteed a berth for 4CC/Worlds.

If they skate for France, they have guaranteed spot at Europeans and worlds, because France doesn't have that many senior teams at the moment, with P/B retired and C/J split.

Mattieu

Medalist
If they skate for France, they have guaranteed spot at Europeans and worlds, because France doesn't have that many senior teams at the moment, with P/B retired and C/J split.

Not guaranteed, they would need minimum technical scores.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Speroff and Donlan discuss their respective plans for the future.

Sounds like an amicable decision to go their separate ways. Excerpts:

Former pairs partners Gretchen Donlan and Andrew Speroff are both heading to Florida -- for completely different reasons. Speroff and his girlfriend, former U.S. junior pair medalist Kylie Duarte, will be skating together as a pair on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship, Freedom of the Seas, starting in September.

"I couldn't be more excited about this big change in my life, skating in shows and traveling to these beautiful parts of the world," Speroff added. "It's something I've been thinking about and wanting to do for a long time now. It wasn't easy coming to this decision. ... I'm still very open to the possibility of competing in the future..."

Duarte mentioned that she and Speroff had filed paperwork to keep their eligibility, in case they want to compete at some point.

Meanwhile, Donlan and Nathan Bartholomay are now training together in Florida, with coach Jim Peterson.
"Though I truly cherished our partnership together, I couldn't be more thrilled for the new and exciting life chapters Andrew and I are about to embark upon!" Donlan texted us. "Now, having found not just one but TWO Prince Charmings, I feel luckier than a Disney princess! I am incredibly excited to train with Nate and extremely grateful for the opportunity to join Mr. Peterson's training camp."

alebi

Medalist
Alessandrini-Souquet will dance for France. But honestly I don't know who Souquet is :confused:

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Pierre Souquet is a french ice-dancer that used to skate with Peroline Ojardias. Together they won the bronze medal at junior french nationals in 2013.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
@KharisRalph is making me verklempt :cry::
Last skate with @AsherHill tonight...
。・°°・(>_<)・°°・。
1:40 PM - 7 Aug 2014
https://twitter.com/KharisRalph/status/497482426923622400

ETA, ohhhhh, @KharisRalph is making me even more verklempt :cry::
Going to miss holding your hand #13Years
6:29 PM - 7 Aug 2014
https://twitter.com/KharisRalph/status/497555044099981312

ETA, @AsherHill's turn to make me verklempt :cry::
Tonight I had my last skate with the amazing @KharisRalph Thank you for all these great years and thank you to everyone who supported us!
7:15 PM - 7 Aug 2014
https://twitter.com/AsherHill/status/497566838843514880