Splits, retirements, and new teams 2014-15 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Splits, retirements, and new teams 2014-15

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I almost can't believe Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS and Dylan MOSCOVITCH split. They were my favourite pair for Canada! Hopefully they find good parters soon.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Svinin gave an interview where he confirmed they finished putting together Stepanova and bukins free program.

Ksenia Monko gave an interview that said they have begun putting together choreography. So that's 2 teams that are still together.

hanca

Record Breaker
Svinin gave an interview where he confirmed they finished putting together Stepanova and bukins free program.

Ksenia Monko gave an interview that said they have begun putting together choreography. So that's 2 teams that are still together.

Three teams. Bobrova-Soloviev are still together too. :cool:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Lol, at this point, D/R will only need to show up to win Nationals. I hope it'll inspire them to take more stylistic risks, rather than resulting in them coasting.

@Meoima
:laugh: It's hard for same-gender pairs to be competitive though. The lifts and throws will be a challenge.

Alba

Record Breaker
Anna and Luca said yesterday on Sky Sport Ita that they are continuing the next year also. They will se how it goes step by step.
Carolina said she has not decided yet.

Alba

Record Breaker

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Aww. Brian's been talking about the pairs thing since before Torino. It would be sad if he doesn't at least give it a shot. ;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Another loss from the decline in the pro scene. Generations ago, Brian could've tried pairs as a pro, right? Well, I guess he can do group numbers in a show but it's not the same. Come back, Brian, come back...

Skatingfan1

Rinkside
An interesting new couple could be Simon Shnapir and Ashley Cain, Simon has the height for Ashley. I would love to see that. Do not know if it wold work but could be interesting

flutzy13

On the Ice
An interesting new couple could be Simon Shnapir and Ashley Cain, Simon has the height for Ashley. I would love to see that. Do not know if it wold work but could be interesting

I'd love to see Cain back in pairs since I think that was where she truly shined. His team should absolutely call her. They should also, if Coughlin is really done, reach out to Caydee Denney. I can't stand her skating but she's been successful on PCS even with her obvious limitations, can land stuff and jumped right to the top of US pairs once before with a new partner who was US champion with someone else the prior year. I loved C/S, hated D/C but I feel bad for him with Marissa ending a partnership he wanted to keep going so I hope he can do well. And I think Denney may be a solid bet.

I hope he doesn't pair up with Leng- she's lovely but she's also not the most exciting performer and I think he needs a more dynamic partner with star quality. Same goes for Lindsay Davis who had two uninspiring partnerships with a former National champion and a former Olympian. The reason C/S worked despite the height difference was because she was a total star and he showed her off really well. While finding another Marissa will be hard, he does need to get someone with a certain charisma.