Splits, retirements, and new teams 2014-15 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Splits, retirements, and new teams 2014-15

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
oh dear gosh. what's in the water. Why not we put all the teams in an open pit and let them fight it out and see who ends up with who - no wonder divorce rates or so high - relationships - skating or otherwise are so portable.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Broad question: why are so many splitting?
I don't think there were this many post-Vancouver.
Is it because teams stuck together after those games for this quad and they are just older and deciding to retire?
Or did a lot of teams get together in a "one-quad-only" type of deal?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Broad question: why are so many splitting?
I don't think there were this many post-Vancouver.
Is it because teams stuck together after those games for this quad and they are just older and deciding to retire?
Or did a lot of teams get together in a "one-quad-only" type of deal?

I think a lot of them stuck around after 2010 and are retiring now, but that doesn't explain all the splits of which both partners are continuing skating.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Yura Min's ex-partner Igor Ogay went back to Russia and seems to be part of Kustarova's group. In the training video from last week, it looks like his new partner is Anna Nagornyuk, who competed for Uzbekistan with Viktor Kovalenko. No clue which country they are representing. BTW, Kovalenko ended up splitting with his most recent partner, Elizaveta Tretyakova. Not sure if either has a new partner yet. She is still on ice partner search but she went with the rest of Kustarova's group to Latvia so maybe they found one.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
PS: Daryn confirmed on his sprashivai. He said the big thing was financing but he hints that they weren't getting along anyway. He even deleted Ksenia from his friend list on VK.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I guess you meant Yura Min (Korea) with Tim Koleto :laugh:
If Yuna Kim switched to pair, I am sure the news would be like up across the board right now.:laugh: Yuna is a star and whoever skate with her would be the luckiest. But she is 1m65, which is quite tall for a female in pair.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Is it bad if my mind instantly went to Agnes?
Maybe skating with someone else and having someone to lean on would help her a lot. Who knows if she knows anything about the dance discipline though.

Honestly, I do not think her skating skills are sufficient to be able to 'easily' jump into dance. Her jumps (when landed) are by far the best thing about her skating. She is also VERY tall at 170 cm (5'7") which would make finding a pair in dance extremely difficult given the kind of lifts that are expected nowadays. Gerber is only about 180 cm (5'10"). There is likely not sufficent height difference. Even Tessa and Scott, who are a great example of a small difference in dance, had a 15 cm difference between them.

POZNANIANKA

Spectator
If Yuna Kim switched to pair, I am sure the news would be like up across the board right now.:laugh: Yuna is a star and whoever skate with her would be the luckiest. But she is 1m65, which is quite tall for a female in pair.

It must have been the auto-correct on my phone when I was posting. I was talking about Korean Ice Dancer Yura Min. My fault, sorry.

POZNANIANKA

Spectator
Honestly, I do not think her skating skills are sufficient to be able to 'easily' jump into dance. Her jumps (when landed) are by far the best thing about her skating. She is also VERY tall at 170 cm (5'7") which would make finding a pair in dance extremely difficult given the kind of lifts that are expected nowadays. Gerber is only about 180 cm (5'10"). There is likely not sufficent height difference. Even Tessa and Scott, who are a great example of a small difference in dance, had a 15 cm difference between them.

Agreed :)