Splits, retirements, and new teams 2014-15 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Splits, retirements, and new teams 2014-15

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Re Moore-Towers/Marinaro:

For those curious to see any glimpse of them in action together, they performed an off-ice lift as they took on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK2IaPkAFIY (42 seconds, posted Aug 12 by Skate Today Videos)​

The cute thing is that apparently Marinaro (only as an individual) received the challenge, but M-T is such a nice partner (if she did say so herself ;)) that she joined him. And to my eyes, she took the brunt of the shower of ice water. :laugh:

(The M-T/Marinaro thread has been archived, and it did not seem worth starting a new one just for this video.)

Dramahkween

On the Ice
New Pair: Danielle Montalbano and Konrad Hocker-Scholler. They are training in Oberstdorf with Alexander Koenig.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Great list,
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT (for Germany? France?)

For Germany ;)

They spoke with the Deu (German federation) on Sunday and Bruno signed a contract so that they will now start for Germany. Bruno will take over the German citizenship and they said they will practice at Chemnitz.

I want to point out however that this was the situation before the split from Ingo Steuer, so I am currently unsure if anything has maybe changed now.

Ill keep you posted.

LRK

Record Breaker
Great list,

For Germany ;)

They spoke with the Deu (German federation) on Sunday and Bruno signed a contract so that they will now start for Germany. Bruno will take over the German citizenship and they said they will practice at Chemnitz.

I want to point out however that this was the situation before the split from Ingo Steuer, so I am currently unsure if anything has maybe changed now.

Ill keep you posted.

Did France release Bruno, do you know? I remember there was talk of them not doing so - but maybe they've done so since and I've missed it?

As ever, thanks Alex. :)

hanca

Record Breaker
Did France release Bruno, do you know? I remember there was talk of them not doing so - but maybe they've done so since and I've missed it?

As ever, thanks Alex. :)

Of course they haven't release him yet. They would be very generous if they did (and they are not).

Meoima

Match Penalty
Aliona won the Off-season gold medal of scandal award, in my book no one can tops her level yet, except Tonya Harding and Nancy in their prime.
The silver should go to I/K split.
Who might get the bronze? :popcorn:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Aliona won the Off-season gold medal scandal award, in my book no one can tops her level yet, except Tonya Harding and Nancy in their prime.
The silver should go to I/K split.
Who might get the bronze? :popcorn:

So true. :laugh: So many candidates to choose from for Bronze. :scratch:

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, I quite like "Plans for next season? What plans? You're on your own!" Larionov.

macy

Record Breaker
So agnes is either retired or taking a break this year...I have been seeing on facebook she's currently doing shows on royal caribbean. I've looked everywhere for news and can't find anything. Whatever her decision I wish her the best.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I hear a lot of skaters enjoy these shows though it is a rough life - out of suitcase. Chris Mabee and Vaughn chipeur enjoy it but I am not sure how financially rewarding it is.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I hear a lot of skaters enjoy these shows though it is a rough life - out of suitcase. Chris Mabee and Vaughn chipeur enjoy it but I am not sure how financially rewarding it is.

I cant speak about how rewarding it is or how fun for a skater but since I have been living out of my suitcase for many years I have to say its not that bad as it seems. You will miss family and friends but you also meet so many new people that you seldom have time to really think about all of that.

That said, sometimes in the hotel room it can be weird so that I at least always ended up walking the streets or checking out some pubs here and there to not have that feeling of being alone. :think:

emdee

Final Flight

I understand that its a rough life but certainly not out of a suitcase! Instead you are on a ship for months at a time.
Ihave seen a Vaughan Chipeur, Joey russell and a few others on royal caribbean ships. They usually perform about 4-6 shows per week. 2 a day when they do perform. It amazing how they can manage to do jumps in such a small rink.

They become non resident so I understand that income is tax free and of course there is free board and lodging.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Not to stereotype but it is fun but you don't have a huge future in it especially if you have a family. I see Vaughan Chipeur and he goes through girfriends so it is nice for a while but eventually time and life gets caught up. You get to travel, have time off to explore. But you don't necessarily save a lot of money I hear. And yes, you live at a place for a month or so but it is not much time to buy Ikea furniture and hang a photo or two :)

noskates

Record Breaker
I really don't mean to be overly negative, but working cruise ships might be Agnes' chance to regain some of the money spent on her lackluster career. I don't see her ever competing with the top girls in the future. She had a few lucky bright moments but that's about it! She works very hard and is very committed but the talent just isn't there in my opinion. If she can make a living skating otherwise - good for her.

macy

Record Breaker

jeez i'm out of the loop! i have been waayyy too busy...welp, i hope she's having fun. she's been doing shows with a girl i used to compete against so i've been seeing pictures circulating. it looks like a lot of fun. if i didn't get out of skating so early and it would have crossed my mind at some point i probably would have done it, i love cruising! going on one in may :)

Matt K

On the Ice
Not to stereotype but it is fun but you don't have a huge future in it especially if you have a family. I see Vaughan Chipeur and he goes through girfriends so it is nice for a while but eventually time and life gets caught up. You get to travel, have time off to explore. But you don't necessarily save a lot of money I hear. And yes, you live at a place for a month or so but it is not much time to buy Ikea furniture and hang a photo or two :)

:clap::rofl: :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Min/Koleto -- ice dancers for Korea -- have split, per @Timkoleto's tweets today.

I am so sad to inform you all that Yura and I are no longer skating together. I wish her the best as she moves forward in a different direction. I plan to continue ice dance and search for a new partner under the tutelage of Igor Shpilband and my coaching team here in Michigan, who have supported us throughout the last 18 months. I want to extend my gratitude and sorrow to all our fans and friends. And I want to thank the Korean people for being so thoughtful, encouraging and supportive. I will continue to do my best and to follow my dream. The path may have changed, but the destination is still the same.