Michal Brezina | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Michal Brezina

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Vimeo has deleted all of my videos :( , so send me a PM if you'd like a temporary download link for the GPF Gala.

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I am at the airport in Vienna and I think Michal and Samohin will be on the same plane than me to Minsk. They are talking right next to me.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I updated Michal's OP. I am just sick over how many videos of Michal's are just gone :cry:

i am sorry, i was supposed to update it (hopefully i will finish other FFs by the worlds :hopelessness:) :( its just so discouraging when they keep removing videos (and harder when you dont own the FF :slink:) :palmf: and they expect sport to become more popular :slink: thank you doris :thank:

and good luck Michal!! hopefully he can keep this upward trend and finish season on highest note! :cheer:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
No problem matmuh. Some of the people who were banned by youtube are reloading a lot of their stuff, (Gutsufan and Braulio) but frida had been uploading British Eurosport for over 10 years. I have seen no sign that she is starting over yet.

I am so glad Michal qualified for the GPF again btw!

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
In this interview (in czech) Michal said:
"After the consultation with our fed and with Rafael, who is encouraging me to continue since the world championship, I think that I will hold fast one more season. We will see how this will turn out. I will surely skate during upcoming season."

He also said that creation of the new programs is in the process, he want to choose the music.

About the relation with thge coach he said that it took him three years to understand what is expected from him. He was encouraged by the reaction of the audience to the programs he was skating during the season. He is still enjoying the sport and still doesn't exclude he will skate in the Beijing ("I think there is no other skater than Plushenko who would skate on four olympics. It would be really nice. But we will see."

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Michal is going to be a father! https://www.instagram.com/p/B0E08SO...EC3I3C1f1YTEOKR8ZaxCk3X2J9gOla032guJHik0yT7Zo :luv17: Congrats to the parents! :cheer:

But somehow retiring seems more plausible now :(

Not necessarily. Raising a kid, even a small new born baby is expensive. If Michal is a pro skater, skating is his job. I don't suppose in Czech Republic one can live off figure skating by itself, but with the right contacts, endorsements, exhibitions, appearances, clinics, camps for kids, etc. a normal income can be had. it is hard work though, but a pro skater should not shy away from work.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
For czech users - I've discovered only now that Czech TV will broadcast part of the GP programs - as for Skate America it would be both men programs (because of Michal obviously) and Ladies free program.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I've nearly forgot why I came on GS today. There is an interview with Michal Březina. I was bored in my cell so I've translated it:

https://www.idnes.cz/sport/ostatni/...rusleni-fire-on-ice.A191105_125133_sporty_par

Czech figure skater Michal Březina has arrived from Las Vegas, where he is training, to Ostrava and Bratislava for the exhibition Fire on Ice. This event takes part in wednesday and thursday as a tribute to Jozef Sabovčík, who is closing his career.

„The season start is quite satisfying,“ said the 29 y.o. Březina, even when at the first GP competition this season he ended 11th. „Free skate wasn’t successful, but everything is still at the beginning. I’m heading to Russia next week and I hope that this competition will look different then in LV.“

Q: You were 5th after the short program in LV. What turned wrong in the free skate?

A: I don’t know. Somehow my head switched off and instead jumping triples I’ve chosen doubles. I can’t explain it myself what happened. I’ve trained enough. But it’s a sport. It happens.

Q: Wasn’t it partially due to changes in choreography?

A: It is slightly different. But I don’t like looking for excuses, that something is different. I’ve trained the same as in the last season, so there shouldn’t be a problem. But it threw me off the balance that after a warm-up I had to wait five minutes for the start of the TV broadcasting. Nobody told me about that before. I would have prepared myself differently. But it doesn’t matter now. The important thing is that the judges accepted my programs well, that they were received well. Just those triples, I shouldn’t have to give up on them.

Q: With the 11th place you’ve lost the chance for the GPF, to which you’ve qualified last season. Correct?

A: Yes, there is no chance anymore. GP has only six competitions and every skater can have only two entries from which he can qualify. Only the top six skaters qualify for the finals, so if a skater doesn’t win at least one competition and doesn’t take bronze at worst at the other one, he has no chance. I was silver two times last season, so I’ve advanced into the finals from the fifth place overall. The mathematics is pretty difficult.

Q: What are your tools for the next week in Moscow?

A: The important thing is to skate for myself. Yes, I didn’t succeed at the first competition, but it’s not the end of the world.

Q: Is there any clash between your preparation for the competition with the show in Ostrava and Bratislava?

A: I wanted to go there for it is a tribute to Jozef Sabovčík. Jozef himself wished me to skate there. And it is close to my heart. More than that, I will skate my programs, so I take it as a part of my preparation as well. I will show my short program and also the part of my free skate, but I will skate it to the music from JOZef’s free skate from the olympic games in 1984 (note: Sabovčík ended third in Sarayevo).

Q: Jozef Sabovčík, who is living close to Salt Lake City, unfortunately can’t attend the the show due to injury.

A: I’ve found out just before my departure from the United States, he sent me a sms. It got me pretty much, but the show will be still perfect. It is prepared for the spectators and it will be a tribute to Jozef, even when he won’t be there.

Q: Will you return to Ostrava in december for the national championship?

A: Yes, I will return for the nationals after two years. Also due to it is taking place in Ostrava, because nationals is held as a championship of four countries (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia), who are taking turns in organizing that. This can also turn to be my last nationals, so even the coach (Rafael Aruthunian) said it would be nice to attend.

Q: You’ve been considering the end of your career last season. How are you with this idea now?

A: I was prepared that I’ll finish my career after the worlds, but the coach and the national federation persuaded me to continue.

Q: So, those thoughts have gone away?

A: I’m giving a free course to it a little. When a person says that he will finish the career, it happens that his head would switch off and the trainings and competitions go from bad to worse. I’m trying to take it day by day, competition from competition. My trainings continue, just like the last season, if fact we changed nothing.

Q: So your career continues in full?

A: I take it that I’ll fininsh in the moment when one of the young czech figure skaters woould defeat me. Rafa is joking that in such case I’ll have to skate till my 60.

Q: Aren’t you afraid of that?

A: Boys took it seriously and they are really trying, training. Matyáš Bělohradský was with us two months during summer. I see he is progressing, how he’s training every day, he has a potential. And we have another young ones, who I see once a year, when I arrive to Ostrava for a representation camp. The progress can be seen.